US

2 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 1 of 2

Moto G4 Play won't connect to wifi/constantly drops wifi

2020-09-15, 16:17 PM

Hi, 

I've seen this topic in other threads but haven't found a solution anywhere. I have a 4-year-old Moto G4 Play. Over the past few days, it has been unable to connect to my home wifi for more than a couple minutes at a time. Its wifi status is usually "Saved," "Connected, no Internet," or occasionally "Disabled." When my wifi is on, I constantly (every 10 seconds or so) get the notification that "Wi-Fi has no internet access." 

The wifi works perfectly fine on my computer and for everyone else who lives in the house. I've restarted the phone, turned the phone on and off, forgotten the network and re-joined it, and reset the network settings. The phone's software is up-to-date. When I run a wifi diagnosis on Device Help, the test result is Fail. It manages to connect to wifi very rarely, for about 2 minutes at a time, and then it drops out again. 

I haven't done a factory reset yet because I'm worried about losing data on my phone; the last time I got a new phone, the backup failed and I lost everything. Are there any troubleshooting tips I can try before doing a factory reset? 

Any help would be appreciated :) 

Options

2679 Posts

04-04-2018

IN

361 Signins

24815 Page Views

• Views: 24815
  • Message 2 of 2

Re:Moto G4 Play won't connect to wifi/constantly drops wifi

2020-09-17, 9:51 AM

@ hawkiethehawk wrote:

Hi, 

I've seen this topic in other threads but haven't found a solution anywhere. I have a 4-year-old Moto G4 Play. Over the past few days, it has been unable to connect to my home wifi for more than a couple minutes at a time. Its wifi status is usually "Saved," "Connected, no Internet," or occasionally "Disabled." When my wifi is on, I constantly (every 10 seconds or so) get the notification that "Wi-Fi has no internet access." 

The wifi works perfectly fine on my computer and for everyone else who lives in the house. I've restarted the phone, turned the phone on and off, forgotten the network and re-joined it, and reset the network settings. The phone's software is up-to-date. When I run a wifi diagnosis on Device Help, the test result is Fail. It manages to connect to wifi very rarely, for about 2 minutes at a time, and then it drops out again. 

I haven't done a factory reset yet because I'm worried about losing data on my phone; the last time I got a new phone, the backup failed and I lost everything. Are there any troubleshooting tips I can try before doing a factory reset? 

Any help would be appreciated :) 

Hi,

Sorry to know about your concern. It is most likely a Hardware issue if the hardware test failed, however, I would suggest you check with a different Wi-Fi connection and see if the issue persists.

Actually we can try performing a Factory Data Reset, performing a Factory Data Reset start the device afresh which may solve the issue.

Regarding the backup, you can back up your contact, data, and photos in your Google Drive, Google Photos. You will not lose the data in that way.

Let me know how it goes for further assistance.

Regards,

Suman

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete