Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto G PhonesMoto G4 / Moto G4 Plus / Moto G4 Play
All Forum Topics
Options

25 Posts

09-17-2016

India

23 Signins

191 Page Views

• Views: 191
  • Message 31 of 52

Re: Moto G4 Plus crashing all the time, no reason.

2016-09-19, 17:19 PM

wrote:

wrote:

Well, irrespective of the media source app, This phone barely plays for 5-10 mins. Crashes with a robotic beep sound in speakers. 

Only app installed MX Player, all stock apps.

Idle state crashing has now stopped. It's crashing only when playing Media from any source/app.

Any clue?

Just curious, how do you have your MX Player setup? Are you using HW+ decoder? Do you have any codecs installed with MX Player?

-Tom

Tom,  thanks. 

MX player without codecs,  crashing. Since Moto G4 is Armv7a profile I even tried following codecs:

With Arm v7 ,  crashing. 

With Neon codecs still crashing. 

Now the catch is I opened video via Stock File Explorer, still crashing. 

Options

9 Posts

08-14-2016

India

20 Signins

144 Page Views

• Views: 144
  • Message 32 of 52

2016-09-19, 17:46 PM

I'm facing the same problem since a month. I tried everything, operating in safe mode, factory reset, troubleshooting. I also have unusual battery drain. Finally I went to the service centre yesterday. They did a software update and said the phone is fine. But still I'm facing the same problems, crashing with a beep and battery drain. 

Options

25 Posts

09-17-2016

India

23 Signins

191 Page Views

• Message 33 of 52

2016-09-19, 18:02 PM

wrote:

I'm facing the same problem since a month. I tried everything, operating in safe mode, factory reset, troubleshooting. I also have unusual battery drain. Finally I went to the service centre yesterday. They did a software update and said the phone is fine. But still I'm facing the same problems, crashing with a beep and battery drain. 

I think that's enough troubleshooting and Motorola/Lenovo now should accept the fault. I am not leaving it without any satisfying response. Someone has to take a responsibility. 

Options

7219 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3451 Signins

88616 Page Views

• Views: 88616
  • Message 34 of 52

2016-09-19, 18:07 PM

wrote:

wrote:

I think that's enough troubleshooting and Motorola/Lenovo now should accept the fault. I am not leaving it without any satisfying response. Someone has to take a responsibility. 

Would you be willing to provide me a Bug Report when you see the issue?

-Tom

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

9 Posts

08-14-2016

India

20 Signins

144 Page Views

• Message 35 of 52

2016-09-19, 18:09 PM

Sure. What should I do?

Options

7219 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3451 Signins

88616 Page Views

• Views: 88616
  • Message 36 of 52

2016-09-19, 18:12 PM

wrote:

Sure. What should I do?

Thanks. When you see the issue please follow the steps below.

1. Go to Settings -> About Phone -> Tap on Build number 7 times on the build number to go in to the developer options mode]
2. After the above steps Developer options will be enabled.
3. Go to Settings ->Developer options -> Enable Usb debugging > Toggle On
4. Enable Settings -> Developer options -> Enable Bug Report shortcut > Toggle On
5. Once the issue is reproduced, Go to Settings -> Developer options -> Click on take bug report or Press Power button and then choose Bug Report from the Power down menu.
6. Wait for some time until the bug report is collected. It takes around 3 to 4 minutes to collect the Bug Report.
7. Then upload the BugReport to your personal Google Drive and then share the link to the BugReport on the forums in a reply or via a private message.
8. Provide observations of what you saw happen right before the bug report was taken. Please indicate the time that you observed the behavior in local time.

-Tom

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

25 Posts

09-17-2016

India

23 Signins

191 Page Views

• Message 37 of 52

2016-09-19, 18:16 PM

wrote:

wrote:

Sure. What should I do?

Thanks. When you see the issue please follow the steps below.

1. Go to Settings -> About Phone -> Tap on Build number 7 times on the build number to go in to the developer options mode]
2. After the above steps Developer options will be enabled.
3. Go to Settings ->Developer options -> Enable Usb debugging > Toggle On
4. Enable Settings -> Developer options -> Enable Bug Report shortcut > Toggle On
5. Once the issue is reproduced, Go to Settings -> Developer options -> Click on take bug report or Press Power button and then choose Bug Report from the Power down menu.
6. Wait for some time until the bug report is collected. It takes around 3 to 4 minutes to collect the Bug Report.
7. Then upload the BugReport to your personal Google Drive and then share the link to the BugReport on the forums in a reply or via a private message.
8. Provide observations of what you saw happen right before the bug report was taken. Please indicate the time that you observed the behavior in local time.

-Tom

Will do. 

Options

25 Posts

09-17-2016

India

23 Signins

191 Page Views

• Message 38 of 52

2016-09-20, 6:17 AM

Sent you the Bug report link on PM. Please check.

Issue occured while playing video as ususal, within 5 minutes of playback.

Time of crash:

11:46 AM Tuesday, Indian Standard Time (IST) 

6:16 AM Tuesday, Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)

Looking forward for your reply!
Options

25 Posts

09-17-2016

India

23 Signins

191 Page Views

• Message 39 of 52

2016-09-20, 6:18 AM

wrote:

wrote:

wrote:

Would you be willing to provide me a Bug Report when you see the issue?

-Tom

Sent you the Bug report link on PM. Please check.

Issue occured while playing video as ususal, within 5 minutes of playback.

Time of crash:

11:46 AM Tuesday, Indian Standard Time (IST) 

6:16 AM Tuesday, Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)

Looking forward for your reply!
Options

9 Posts

08-14-2016

India

20 Signins

144 Page Views

• Message 40 of 52

2016-09-20, 12:16 PM

I have sent you the  bug report

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms