Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto G PhonesMoto G4 / Moto G4 Plus / Moto G4 Play
All Forum Topics
Options

1 Posts

11-21-2017

United States of America

2 Signins

17 Page Views

• Views: 17
  • Message 141 of 166

Re: Moto G4 - Random shut shutdown

2017-11-21, 13:59 PM

I've been experiencing the same issue for several months now. Happens at different battery charge levels and on same apps/programs others have mentioned. I have also noticed that after I reboot that if I turn the volume down all the way before I use the same app again it doesn't shut down again. Of course this is not a workaround, but wanted to see if anyone else has noticed this (especially on Google maps)

Options

5 Posts

11-28-2017

India

11 Signins

79 Page Views

• Views: 79
  • Message 142 of 166

2017-11-28, 13:29 PM

many people have the same issue you cant divert this issue. you have not optimise for naught update. similar issue can't arise only after naugut update. so either give solution either i will neither buy nor recommend anyone to buy any one to buy lenovo or moto product. 

Options

5 Posts

11-28-2017

India

11 Signins

79 Page Views

• Message 143 of 166

2017-11-28, 14:39 PM
if it is common issue then you need to fix the bug need not to fool the customer.
Options

1 Posts

12-14-2017

United States of America

2 Signins

30 Page Views

• Views: 30
  • Message 144 of 166

2017-12-14, 18:45 PM

Even I am facing the same issue, my mobile turns off automatically when ever I receive call/message and sometimes I never know when it turns off.

Not sure it is because of latest update it was working fine earlier, please suggest

Options

1 Posts

12-21-2017

India

2 Signins

12 Page Views

• Views: 12
  • Message 145 of 166

2017-12-21, 16:32 PM

Me too facing the same problem

Options

3 Posts

01-02-2018

India

3 Signins

56 Page Views

• Views: 56
  • Message 146 of 166

2018-01-04, 7:44 AM

My Phone shutting down very frequently , It's realy frustating and irritating me ,I approched customer care in hyderabad and they said its battery problem we need to replace battery it costs 2K beacuse i am not in 1y warrenty(You moto peaople indirectly saying yours devices will work only one year!!!!!),I am getting this issue after nauget update in phone,It's not my fault its comapny testing issue,Why should i pay money for new battery,I brought 4 phones from moto(G4,G4 Plus,G5 Plus,E4Plus),I am afraid now if i got issues in this phones i am expecting same replay from Moto care, Irresposible and inethical moto team. 

I tried all safemode fixes,But still no luck

Need justice for my moto G4 plus. 

Options

5 Posts

11-28-2017

India

11 Signins

79 Page Views

• Message 147 of 166

2018-01-04, 8:18 AM

I have the same problem from last March but shutdown is fixed by changing fault charging connector of the mini usb but still the voice codecs have some problems I.e why still the phone create some type sound may be due to some filter response or amplifier section might drawing more current and phone malfunction

wrote:

This is very frustrating.  I bought the new Moto G4 back in July just when it was released and for the past month and a half, it would randomly shut down.  This happens when we shoot video, when a phone call comes in, when using Google Maps...but can happen at other times as well.  

It is not the battery as it happens at over 80%charge, over 60%, and all across the range.

Have checked that battery is tight, placed the phone on Safe Mode, Uninstalled Google Duo and Skype...the phone still shuts down randomly and we have to hold the power button to restart the power on sequence.

To have a phone turn off when you have an incoming call is bad for my wife's business (this phone was a purchase to replace her former Moto X).  To have the phone shut down while using GPS in the car could be down right dangerous.  

I have had 3 other Moto X phones, Motor Headsets and battery packs, but this issue is downright frustrating and could cause me to give up on Moto anything in the future.

The question is...did I just get a crappy phone?  Should I ask for a replacement?

Is this a known issue and is there some fix that I have yet to find (I have searched high and low)?

I still cannot get Moto Care and have multiple saved conversations with Motorola support that I will be notified when it is available and that my grace period will be extended...this is for 2 months now and I feel like Motorola does not want to stand behind this phone.

I cannot return the phone as all you get is 30 days to return it and that 30 days include the week that Moto is building the phone and shipping it from China (I remember my Moto X Pure getting stuck in Tennessee custom for a couple of weeks)...the 30 days is really a joke.

Anyone else have similar issue and experiece?  Thoughts, discussions and advice greatly appreciated.  

My wife as been patient while I try different suggestions from the web and forums, she is at the end of the rope with this phone.

Options

1 Posts

01-05-2018

India

3 Signins

53 Page Views

• Views: 53
  • Message 148 of 166

2018-01-05, 16:11 PM

I too have similar problem with my Moto g plus 4 ,. Ramdom shutdown,  switch off when receives call or  watching any video etc, notice that these issues when batter is less than 80% ,  when mobile is in charging  it won't switch off or reboot,. Moto/Lenovo support center says software issue, reloaded software, still having issue,. They told to replace battery. ,if not fix need to replace mother board. ..  but not sure what is the issue 

Options

1 Posts

01-11-2018

Nigeria

9 Signins

58 Page Views

• Views: 58
  • Message 149 of 166

Moto G4 plus shutting down regularly

2018-01-12, 10:12 AM

My Motorola Moto G4 plus has been shutting down on it's own since late 2016. I've done everything that's been suggested to me (bar sending the phone back for repairs, because I'm currently working in Nigeria and there's no way I can send it to the UK). I've replaced the battery, cleared the cache partition, recalibrated the original battery among others. I noticed a lot of people have the same problem and there's been no way to identify the particular issue. It's painful because I've only ever used Motorola phones and it's looking like this is the last one I'll ever use. 

Options

1 Posts

01-14-2018

United States of America

2 Signins

14 Page Views

• Views: 14
  • Message 150 of 166

2018-01-15, 0:10 AM
I have the same issue and, like you, I tried several times to purchase the extended protection for my Moto 4 G Plus. Each time I was told that the protection was not yet available. To try again later. I finally quit trying ... and have had this battery problem for several months. (Second Moto Phone that I have had). Disappointing .....
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms