12-26-2019

US

2 Signins

29 Page Views

• Views: 29
  • Message 241 of 245

Re: Moto G4 SIM card not detected/dissapears

2019-12-26, 15:50 PM

"Well guys I think I may have sorted this issue on my brand new Moto G4... Being a bit of a tinkerer I always assume that if software and restarts and basic substitution have been tried and failed to resolve an issue I look at actual hardware.  In this case I looked at the interface between card and phone.  The first thing I noticed was that the card felt 'loose' in the slot, like nothing wanted to hold it there... Since there is no spring clip like on the Moto G2 I just upgraded from it was safe to assume that Moto are hoping that the springiness of the actual card contacts in the slot will be enough to do this.  Nope.  Those contacts are by far the flimsiest I've ever seen.  Put a card in once and it flattens them out.  Just resting your phone flat would be enough to create airspace between card and contact.  So... Maybe a little paper over the card to press it down onto the contacts? Nope. This just flattened them out even more.  So ( and Moto won't like this...) I used a fine pick to manually lift the contacts up then carefully reinserted the card.  HEY PRESTO! All seems OK now.  Basically peeps the manufacturer has gone with a very cheap replacement SIM slot to save a few pennies.  "

The above post solved my problem.   Normally I do not create accounts but this issue has been plaguing me for so long that I wanted to share my experience.  

My phone would not recognize the SIM, so I called T-Mobile tech support which said it was from SIM CARD EXHAUSTION which was weird.  So I went to the store and they guy tested my sim on a demo phone and even called with it to verify it worked.  We tried another active SIM but the port still did not recognize the SIM. 

After reading the above post, I turned off the phone then took the cover off the back of the phone and pressed hard on the SIM as I powered the phone on again and it work, but after I stopped applying downward pressure on the SIM against the contacts the SIM was no longer recognized.  

So therefore I used a sewing pin to gently lift up the 4 pins a little in the SIM card slot, then reinserted the SIM and it works fine now.  A big thank you to DACLEGGSTER on his post and I hope everyone else can also get the same results.  Good Luck everyone.

Options

2 Posts

12-22-2019

US

2 Signins

23 Page Views

• Views: 23
  • Message 242 of 245

Re: Moto G4 SIM card not detected/dissapears

2019-12-26, 17:48 PM

Thanks much! I did speak with Moto Techs by phone and they mostly tried to blame the SIM card/ phone service. Finally, I went to a local store that fixes phones. The tech there looked at it for 2 minutes and used the exact same word you did regarding the contacts: FLIMSY. And, he said one was broken and the slot was soldered to the board and therefore not worth fixing. I am finished with Moto phones and bought a Samsung A50 (see: Consumer Reports Magazine). I also have a friend who has an advanced electrical engineering degree and just started having problems with his Moto G6 that he believes cannot be economically fixed. "Planned" obsolescence in my opinion.

Options

1 Posts

07-27-2020

US

2 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 243 of 245

Re:Moto G4 SIM card not detected/dissapears

2020-07-27, 0:27 AM
I have the same problem & can't get my money back.
Options

2805 Posts

04-04-2018

IN

374 Signins

26105 Page Views

• Views: 26105
  • Message 244 of 245

2020-07-28, 11:04 AM

@ Ali-1 wrote:

I have the same problem & can't get my money back.

Hi,

I would like to help you with your concern. In order to assist you, please elaborate more on your concern. 

I will be waiting for your response.

Regards,

Suman

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

1 Posts

08-21-2020

IN

2 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 245 of 245

2020-08-21, 17:17 PM

thankshttps://careoriginal.com

For Lenovo Motorola smartphone services with any issue you can visit the website https://careoriginal.com 

We provide Lenovo Motorola Smartphone Authorised service Center service online you can login and request for repair. We provide Pick & drop services for you pan india. Visit and support us https://careoriginal.com

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete