Motorola Community

Moto G PhonesMoto G4 / Moto G4 Plus / Moto G4 Play
All Forum Topics
Options

Re: Moto G4 SIM card not detected/dissapears

2016-12-09, 18:08 PM

Hi everyone,

We want to validate this issue. Could you please let me know if you're still having problem. If yes, please make sure to provide the following if you haven't provided it yet:

1. Name of the SIM card.

2. Picture of the front and back of the SIM card.

3. Update your profile with current phone, carrier and serial number -- Need help updating your profile? See here

Regards,

Joy

Motorola Support

Options

4 Posts

12-11-2016

US

14 Signins

127 Page Views

• Views: 127
  • Message 42 of 245

2016-12-11, 16:51 PM

Hi Moto_Joy,

Thanks for offereing to help.

I am also having this problem. I had the phone for about a week before it started.

The phone periodically and often loses the carrier and reports "No SIM card". Restarting the phone causes the presence of the card to be recognized again. This is very frustrating.

My carrier is Consumer Cellular and I am currently using an AT&T SIM Card (photo attached as requested).

I have called the carrier and they have asked me to remove and reinsert the SIM card. I have done this and the problem persists.

I have attached images of the SIM card and updated my profile as you have requested. I am willing to provide any information that you need to identify the cause of the issue.

Thanks

Options

4 Posts

12-11-2016

US

14 Signins

127 Page Views

• Message 43 of 245

2016-12-11, 16:56 PM

Sent a reply earlier which was not immediately posted. Not sure if I included the requested image. Attaching it again just to be sure.

Options

2016-12-12, 17:26 PM

wrote:

Sent a reply earlier which was not immediately posted. Not sure if I included the requested image. Attaching it again just to be sure.

Thank you for the details that you have provided. I will share this to our team and will get back to you.

Regards,

Joy

Options

4 Posts

12-14-2016

DE

9 Signins

44 Page Views

• Views: 44
  • Message 45 of 245

2016-12-14, 10:16 AM

I have the same issue. Had the phone (EU version dual sim) for ~two weeks. Inserted a second SIM. Both SIMs were detected once. After the next reboot no SIM card is detected whatsoever. Reboots, factory reset, wifi off.  Both SIM cards work without a hitch in other phones.

Options

2016-12-14, 18:14 PM

wrote:

I have the same issue. Had the phone (EU version dual sim) for ~two weeks. Inserted a second SIM. Both SIMs were detected once. After the next reboot no SIM card is detected whatsoever. Reboots, factory reset, wifi off.  Both SIM cards work without a hitch in other phones.

Hi jsilence,

May I know who is your carrier? Please update your profile as well with current phone, carrier and serial number -- this will help me investigate. Please make sure that the options under Settings > Motorola Privacy are on as well, and let me know (just reply here) if it's okay for me to look at your apps to see if they are a source of problems.

Need help updating your profile? See here

Thanks,

Joy

Motorola Support

Options

4 Posts

12-11-2016

US

14 Signins

127 Page Views

• Message 47 of 245

2016-12-14, 21:31 PM

Update: I have reset the phone and replaced the SIM card with a new one and the problem (SIM card drops out and reconnects on restart) persists. I will need to get with Consumer Cellular to determine how to swap ou the phone. I like the phone I would just like one that works. 

It would be nice if Lenovo would tell us if they can reproduce this issue and if so what the potential causes (and possibly fixes) might be.

Options

4 Posts

12-14-2016

DE

9 Signins

44 Page Views

• Views: 44
  • Message 48 of 245

2016-12-15, 10:01 AM

Dear Moto_Joy,

the first SIM carrier is O2 and the second is Congstar which is the prepaid low cost brand of the Deutsche Telekom (T-Mobile).

I agree to you having a look at the apps, but with a factory reset all the apps have been removed and the problem persists.

Serial Number is ZY2239B2S9.

Options

4 Posts

12-15-2016

US

10 Signins

61 Page Views

• Views: 61
  • Message 49 of 245

2016-12-15, 12:19 PM

Hello, I have been having the same issue...thinking it's a software issue since the sim works periodically...please help

Options

2016-12-15, 14:59 PM

wrote:

Hello, I have been having the same issue...thinking it's a software issue since the sim works periodically...please help

Hi The_Highlander,

Kindly provide the name of the SIM card you are using and please take a picture of the Front/Back of the SIM card.

Please take a moment as well to update your forum profile with the current IMEI or SN from your device. Need help updating your profile? See here

Thanks,
Joy
Motorola Support

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete