12-15-2016

US

10 Signins

61 Page Views

• Views: 61
  • Message 51 of 245

Re: Moto G4 SIM card not detected/dissapears

2016-12-16, 1:00 AM

My sim is merely just a at&t standard micro sim card...

Options

4 Posts

12-15-2016

US

10 Signins

61 Page Views

• Views: 61
  • Message 52 of 245

2016-12-16, 1:05 AM
Options

1 Posts

12-16-2016

US

1 Signins

4 Page Views

• Views: 4
  • Message 53 of 245

2016-12-16, 20:48 PM

I'm in the same boat. My phone stopped recognizing the SIM. Even when I get it to temporarily recognize it by rebooting, it doesn't actually have service. I have a Straight Talk Trackphone SIM. I'm not sure what towers it uses. I think AT&T. 

Options

2016-12-19, 21:39 PM

wrote:

I'm in the same boat. My phone stopped recognizing the SIM. Even when I get it to temporarily recognize it by rebooting, it doesn't actually have service. I have a Straight Talk Trackphone SIM. I'm not sure what towers it uses. I think AT&T. 

Hi DjCoffeeGuy,

Please update your profile with current phone, carrier and serial number. Please make sure that the options under Settings > Motorola Privacy are on as well, and let me know (just reply here) if it's okay for me to look at your apps to see if they are a source of problems.

Need help updating your profile? See here

Thanks,

Joy

Motorola Support

Options

14 Posts

12-18-2016

US

29 Signins

160 Page Views

• Views: 160
  • Message 55 of 245

2016-12-26, 21:23 PM

Same issue with first phone and sim card and replacement phone and replacement sim card. Functions for a short time and then reads NO SIM CARD. Turn phone on and off and again functions for a short time and returns to NO SIM CARD message.

Options

5 Posts

12-29-2016

US

13 Signins

125 Page Views

• Views: 125
  • Message 56 of 245

2016-12-29, 14:18 PM

This issue is bedeviling me as well. Exactly as described by everyone else. My SIM is a brand-new, uncut T-Mobile SIM that works fine 100% of the time in every other phone I try it in. I updated my profile with current phone (G4 Plus, XT1644)), carrier (T-Mobile USA), and serial number. For the next two days I am near the store (Best Buy) where I bought the phone unlocked, so I would appreciate any info about whether a return or exchange is possible. I love the G4 Plus, but I guess I would try a different model (Z Play) if this issue can't be fixed.

Options

6 Posts

01-02-2017

US

22 Signins

229 Page Views

• Views: 229
  • Message 57 of 245

2017-01-02, 21:01 PM

Hi,

Like most people.  Uncut (even replaced with new SIM).  ATT IMEI in profile.  Picture attached.

Just suddenly started happening.  Can always make "No Sim Available" by switching to Airplane mode.  Will not come out of "No Sim Available" until a phone restart.

Do not think it is a contact issue, since in the "No sim available" state, a restart makes it available again at least for a little while.

Thanks.

Options

6 Posts

01-02-2017

US

22 Signins

229 Page Views

• Views: 229
  • Message 58 of 245

2017-01-02, 21:02 PM

sorry double post - please delete

Options

5 Posts

01-04-2017

US

6 Signins

80 Page Views

• Views: 80
  • Message 59 of 245

2017-01-04, 18:08 PM

I suddenly started having nearly this same exact issue, as well.

I have a Moto G4, single SIM. Ordered from Amazon (it's the regular version of the phone, not the Amazon exclusive with ads).

Phone information w/Serial is updated in my profile settings.

Sprint network.

Including pictures of the SIM card below.  It is the usual Universal 3-in-1 SIM card that Sprint sends via mail.

I also have a 64gb micro-SD card installed that is acting as internal storage.

I received and installed the SIM on December 31st.  Everything went well and the phone has worked flawlessly up until this morning. Woke up this morning to find it was saying there was no SIM card. I restarted and it worked for about 3 to 5 minutes. Then reverted back.

I tried booting in Safe mode, uninstalled the two apps I had installed last night (Venmo and ParkMobile), making sure the SIM was securely seated, turning off WiFi, restarting countless times, pulling the SIM out and putting it back in after a handful of seconds, and some combinations (turning off WiFi, then restarting in Safe Mode), and all to no avail.

I have not resorted to a factory reset of the phone yet, but will do so tonight after I do a fresh backup.

I will say that not only if I turn the phone off and back on, but also if I pull the SIM out and put it back in, it will go back to getting service for about 3 to 5 minutes (if I received any texts, they will pop up), but then go back again.

Would be great to get even an initial impression of what may be going on, if this is something that will likely receive a solution in the very near future, if this is happening to a good chunk of phones, if it's worthwhile taking it into the Sprint store and trying a new SIM, or what is going on.

Or are we just going to have to cross our fingers that the new Android update comes over soon and solves the problem?

Obviously can't keep this up for long, since I won't be able to have a phone conversation for longer than a few minutes.

Many thanks in advance for your responses and input!

Options

4 Posts

12-14-2016

DE

9 Signins

44 Page Views

• Views: 44
  • Message 60 of 245

2017-01-05, 8:38 AM

Dear Joy!

So there clearly is an issue with the SIM card handling of this model of the phone.

A lot of people have been reporting the issue in this thread.

In addition to that: My wife has the same phone. Quite often she can not be reached (via voice), while her phone shows no indication whatsoever that her reception is not functioning.  I can imagine that a lot of people using this phone simply don't realize that there is something wrong with the SIM card handling.

Joy, what is Lenovo going to do about this?

How long are you planning to collect more cases and have your technical staff "look into it"?

Is there any kind of strategy and planning on how to resolve this issue for your customers (us)?

I'd like to have either:

* A method to fix the issue so that the phone becomes usable again

* A refund

* A replacement phone

Right now I spent a respectable amount of money for a brand new non functioning mobile phone.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete