12-11-2016

US

14 Signins

127 Page Views

• Views: 127
  • Message 61 of 245

Re: Moto G4 SIM card not detected/dissapears

2017-01-05, 15:02 PM

I agree with this post. I have worked in product development and support for decades and find the responses here unnacceptable. 

After asking for information about the same problem from so many people experiencing the same thing you should be able to tell us whether you have been able to reproduce the issue, what has been tried and what if anything has worked (i.e has the Android update been tried? Are there working thories with regards to whether this is hardware or software? etc.).

If additional information is needed you have many users on this forum who are willing to act as free testers and who would gladly supply additional information if requested.

You cannot expect to be taken seriously if you just ask for a few basic details and then are silent (no follow up) for weeks.

Even though I very much liked the Moto G4 I have had to swap out my phone for a Samsung phone in order to have a phone that works as a phone.

The support behavior that I have seen on this forum does not bode well for Lenovo/Motorola and I will be reluctant to use their products in the future.

Options

28 Posts

03-15-2015

Brazil

23 Signins

156 Page Views

• Views: 156
  • Message 62 of 245

2017-01-05, 15:39 PM

I agree, it is time for some real answers now.  And yes, I would certainly be up for some free testing.  My jiggery-pokery with my SIM slot has got me a working phone, which I really enjoy using.  However I don't want to have to do it with another G4, so an assurance that they've got to the bottom of the issue and either know how to fix it or have identified a bad production run by serial no, so can take them all back and replace with good phones, would be the only thing that would make me buy one of these for my partner.  

Come on guys, where are you up to with a fix for this?

Options

6 Posts

01-02-2017

US

22 Signins

229 Page Views

• Views: 229
  • Message 63 of 245

2017-01-05, 20:51 PM

Yes, please what can we do?  I'm looking at the Amazon site and it points to Motorola for warranty.  Which obviously is no longer the case.  I really do not want another phone that will have this issue again.  

Please advice what we should do.  Looking through Amazon reviews, there are people reporting this issue there as well.

Options

1 Posts

01-05-2017

US

1 Signins

17 Page Views

• Views: 17
  • Message 64 of 245

2017-01-05, 22:11 PM

I had the same problem. Tried three different Sim cards. Just decided to return the phone as defective.

Options

5 Posts

01-04-2017

US

6 Signins

80 Page Views

• Views: 80
  • Message 65 of 245

2017-01-06, 14:10 PM

Quite the interesting development on my end. My problem has been solved. And I don't know how.

In summary, the problem for me lasted from when I woke up in the morning (about 6am) to about 3pm that afternoon.

After I had run through the various attempts to cure it (that I described in my previous post), I was just pulling the SIM card out and putting it back in about every hour so that I could see any missed calls and receive any text messages that had been sent in the previous hour.  After about 3-5 minutes, it would kick back to "No SIM card" again.

But somewhere in the 2-3pm range, I pulled it out and put it back in, and it stayed. I assumed it would maybe just last a bit longer that time, but one hour after the other went by and it was fine. It still is going strong.

I'd love to say that something I did caused it to be fixed, but I think that maybe it went away as suddenly as it came.

I DO think that this is a software problem and not a hardware problem (at least in my case and many others' case).

It just doesn't make sense that it would be able to do what it has been doing if it was a hardware issue.

However, the only two new apps I had installed the night before were Venmo and ParkMobile, which I then removed the next morning when I had problems, to no avail.

Perhaps it just needed time to settle those back out of the system? (I have no idea how potentially ridiculous an idea that may be.)

Maybe the pulling the SIM card out and putting it back in eventually solved it? I'm certain it was not an issue with it not being pushed all the way in properly (due to the fact that I had repeatedly made sure of that each time I put it back in, and I did it the same exact way the final time). But maybe it did some type of cycling that it needed to do?

Maybe there was an app hanging up in the background that eventually got cleared up?

Perhaps the cure was simply posting on this forum, which made my phone realize I was disappointed in it?

Baffled. But it works as great as it did the first five days and is still going strong. Make of that what you will.

I'll keep an eye out here, as I am still curious on where the Lenovo folks are with this, and if a cause ever gets nailed down.

I am happy to give any info that may help in solving others' problems, as well.

Options

14 Posts

12-18-2016

US

29 Signins

160 Page Views

• Views: 160
  • Message 66 of 245

2017-01-07, 10:01 AM

We have attempted all previous solutions. Now we have all updated our profiles as we were asked to do. We have included pictures of both sides of our sim cards as we were asked to do. We have tried replacement phones. We have tried replacement sim cards, we have tried replacement phones with placement sim cards. We have tried speaking with AT&T (and our other carriers, depending on the individual) to make certain our "accounts are set up properly."How long before we receice a legetimate correction to this extremely annoying situation?

Options

2 Posts

01-07-2017

US

1 Signins

43 Page Views

• Views: 43
  • Message 67 of 245

2017-01-07, 18:30 PM

Started getting No Sim Card detected on Moto G4 Plus after Amdroid 7 upgrade. Tried all options mentioned earlier but it did not resolve the issue.

Moto G Team, is there any solution to this problem ?

Options

3 Posts

01-08-2017

US

11 Signins

98 Page Views

• Views: 98
  • Message 68 of 245

2017-01-08, 5:42 AM

I purchased a Moto G4 Plus direct from Motorola website back in October and have had no problems with it and love my phone.  Straight Talk is my carrier running off AT&T sim card from the Straight Talk kit.  

Bought my wife the same phone for Christmas and we just tried to set it up today also on Straight Talk.  Having the same problem others here have.  Phone starts fine then after a short time under an hour says no sim card.  Restart is fine for short time again then same problem.  I feel bad since I bought it for her.  Please help.

Options

4 Posts

12-14-2016

DE

9 Signins

44 Page Views

• Views: 44
  • Message 69 of 245

2017-01-08, 7:39 AM

Since there is no sane reaction from Lenovo I propose we start warning other potential customers of this phone. This is the least we can do. If I had read about this unsolved problem I probably would not have brought this phone.

So if you agree, spread out to your favourite tech forum and point to this thread.

Please don't rant. Simply inform the public about this unsolved product problem.

Options

14 Posts

12-18-2016

US

29 Signins

160 Page Views

• Views: 160
  • Message 70 of 245

2017-01-08, 17:31 PM

I couldn't agree more. We have updated our profiles and sent pictures of sim cards and replaced phones and replaced sim cards and followed every request they have asked us to do and still no solution. Maybe we should just quit our jobs, get divorces, give the kids up for adoption, send the dog to live an a farm and sit here turning our phones on and off every twenty minutes or so. Seems like a plan? Or are there some more hoops you would like us to jump through for you? For many of us in certain professions, a missed call could very well be endangering a human life. We suggest you fix it and fix it fast or present a alternative resolution quickly.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete