US

694 Signins

8363 Page Views

• Views: 8363
  • Message 71 of 245

Re: Moto G4 SIM card not detected/dissapears

2017-01-08, 18:03 PM

wrote:

I couldn't agree more. We have updated our profiles and sent pictures of sim cards and replaced phones and replaced sim cards and followed every request they have asked us to do and still no solution. Maybe we should just quit our jobs, get divorces, give the kids up for adoption, send the dog to live an a farm and sit here turning our phones on and off every twenty minutes or so. Seems like a plan? Or are there some more hoops you would like us to jump through for you? For many of us in certain professions, a missed call could very well be endangering a human life. We suggest you fix it and fix it fast or present a alternative resolution quickly.

Well articulated sarcasm, though I daresay it doesn't do any good other than to let off some steam. I've been on the forums a long time, and have seen quite a few phones released and updated and going all buggy. This isn't new. Maybe there are more problems with the G4 series than would have been expected. But it is what it is. And as a volunteer Disaster Service Worker myself (not that lives necessarily depend on what I do), I wouldn't use an unreliable phone. My G4 happens to work just fine and has along, except for a brief runaround from Verizon, which I resolved with a different SIM. I'm pretty sure I didn't just luck out with the one good phone that came off the assembly line since thousands were sold, and their owners aren't all posting here.

Clearly your experience and that of others is negative and therefore frustrating, though I honestly don't see why troubleshooting your device should inspire such strong resistance. This is Android world with tens of thousands of apps and an almost infinite number of configurations by each user. The closest person to finding a solution for many problems is the user.  But I think the bottom line is that you have a warranty, so why not use it? Return/repair/replace OR cut your losses and get a different phone. It's not easy for everyone to afford, but I ask you, from a sane, logical perspective: what else is there to do? 

Options

28 Posts

03-15-2015

Brazil

23 Signins

156 Page Views

• Views: 156
  • Message 72 of 245

2017-01-08, 22:54 PM

RevLauren- it's not just about exercising our rights to a return/replacement is it?  It takes a while to set up a new phone just how you like it, and every time we do this return/replace runaround we have to go through all that again.  Some people simply want to buy something and have it work.  Now, occasionally that's not possible so we have to use our warranty but we expect to see given a fully functioning unit.  With this issue, too many of us have had to return/replace more than once which is showing itself up as a batch problem, seemingly with the unlocked single SIM model mainly.  It would be fair to assume that the manufacturers software guys have been all over this for weeks now and have not come up with anything.  Software fixes don't often take this long, so we might assume that it's more of a hardware issue that they either can't pin down or won't admit to (tbh if I was facing a massive recall I'd keep quiet too and try to filter a modified batch into the sales loop so that any with issues would eventually come back to the retailer quietly and get changed out with better ones).  I suppose we all just want to KNOW what Moto have come up with so far so that we can feel assured that our issue is being dealt with.  They are VERY quiet on the subject right now.

Options

2 Posts

01-08-2017

US

10 Signins

169 Page Views

• Views: 169
  • Message 73 of 245

2017-01-08, 23:00 PM

Same issue!  I have a Moto G3 XT1548 (Virgin Mobile) that I've owned about a year.  The SIM card not detected notification began when I installed the software update back in December (last month).  The phone worked perfectly fine until that moment.  I'll upload a pic of the SIM card and do as Joy suggested here shortly.  Happy to know I'm not alone, but hate we're experiencing this.  Hope a fix comes about soon.  :smileyhappy:

Options

2 Posts

01-09-2017

US

7 Signins

68 Page Views

• Views: 68
  • Message 74 of 245

2017-01-09, 20:04 PM

I am also having the issue exactly as described. I am not sure what the name of my SIM card is, but it is the one issued by Straight Talk. I have tried two SIM cards. The first one I have used since July. I had no issues with the SIM card until late december when I got incontact with Straight Talk. They sent me a new one that I received on Saturday, which lasted a day before the same issue has arrived. The picture of the SIM in the card is the one that I used initially and the one that is seperate is the one I received on Saturday and currently using. I would appreciate help as well. 

I have a seperate plan from the rest of my family because AT&T doesn't work where I go to school. I use the Straight Talk pay as you go because it allows me to use verizon, which works at school. The moto G4 is very convenient because it is sold unlocked and it is an affordable quality phone. I am going back to school soon and I don't want to be without a phone. I would appreciate some sort of feedback soon.

Options

2017-01-09, 20:27 PM

Hi All,

I just want to let everyone know that we're looking into this. Those who have completed the details I'm asking for, it has been reported - we're just waiting for Engineering's feedback. Those who haven't completed the details yet, we cannot help you if we don't have those informations.

Thanks and regards,

Joy

Motorola Support

Options

5 Posts

01-10-2017

US

8 Signins

76 Page Views

• Views: 76
  • Message 76 of 245

2017-01-10, 1:21 AM

Joy,

Just received a brand new in box G4 Plus 64gb. Removed sim from Samsung Galaxy S4 and started phone.  Says no SIM card installed.  This is on AT&T. Last month I ordered a G4 non plus version,  32gb for my son and received, inserted his AT&T SIM card and it detected and worked immediately with no issue.  Has been working for about 3 weeks. What do I need to complete to get support on this issue? 

Options

4 Posts

12-15-2016

US

10 Signins

61 Page Views

• Views: 61
  • Message 77 of 245

2017-01-10, 1:37 AM

I am not saying that I have found the fix to this problem. I just wanted to say I was having this issue after I disabled the data on my phone and was very annoyed since I didn't know why this was happening... I kinda troubleshooted alittle and tried turning on my data again. My phone has been working flawlessly for a month now, not sure why the data made it work but it did so if this doesn't help u I'm sorry I just wanted to throw that out there for anyone having this issue.

Options

5 Posts

01-10-2017

US

8 Signins

76 Page Views

• Message 78 of 245

2017-01-10, 1:46 AM

Placed SIM back in Samsung.  Works fine. Not averse to trying something but if this is a hardware issue I'm  likely to return the phone.  DOA is never a good thing.  Based on the experience I had with my son's phone I was looking forward to using this Moto.  Now I'll be reluctant to keep it. 

Options

5 Posts

01-10-2017

US

8 Signins

76 Page Views

• Message 79 of 245

2017-01-10, 2:11 AM

Not sure if this will help others but may have found my issue.  I'm posting two photos.  One of my son's G4 and one of my brand new G4 Plus.  I wonder is others would be seeing this same type of issue.  I'm not phone expert but the phone will be going back tomorrow.  All I did was remove the nano-sim adapter and place my micro sim in the phone.

Options

5 Posts

01-10-2017

US

8 Signins

76 Page Views

• Message 80 of 245

2017-01-10, 2:12 AM

Please note the missing SIM tab in the previous picture.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete