Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto G PhonesMoto G4 / Moto G4 Plus / Moto G4 Play
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

05-26-2017

India

1 Signins

32 Page Views

• Views: 32
  • Message 1 of 2

Moto G4 plus over heating after March 2017 security update

2017-05-26, 16:00 PM

Since I updated my Moto G4 plus with the March security update, the phone is overheating, even when it's minimally used. Further the phone has started to lag considerably. On connecting with the charger, the screen behaves abnormally, clicking automatically​ at random places. The battery which lasted full day, needs to be charged twice daily. Kindly help

Options

2438 Posts

12-19-2016

Philippines

477 Signins

37577 Page Views

• Views: 37577
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Moto G4 plus over heating after March 2017 security update

2017-05-26, 17:21 PM

wrote:

Since I updated my Moto G4 plus with the March security update, the phone is overheating, even when it's minimally used. Further the phone has started to lag considerably. On connecting with the charger, the screen behaves abnormally, clicking automatically​ at random places. The battery which lasted full day, needs to be charged twice daily. Kindly help

Hi owaisjavaid, 

There are a lot of factors why the phone would heat up. Here are tips for Managing and Understanding a Warm or hot phone: http://lnv.gy/2iG3fe3.  Hope this helps.

On the subject of phone lag, please be advised that lag time on a device is usually attributed to overuse of RAM, which in turn, is ascribed to either too many running applications in the background and/or too much memory being used by applications. The best recommendation we can give to help alleviate your issue is to uninstall apps you do not need or use and to ensure that all apps running in the background are closed to ensure that the processor runs at peak efficiency.

It may take a few charging cycles for the battery to settle to its optimum performance after a software update. It would also help to wipe the cache partition of your phone. 

Please let us know what happens next.

Regards,
Ella
Motorola Support

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms