01-01-2017

IN

5 Signins

50 Page Views

• Views: 50
  • Message 141 of 300

Re: Moto G4 plus rear camera glass scratches

2017-01-06, 5:36 AM

I agree the moto g4 plus to be a budget phone....and time to be of utmost value...so...it's time to move on...forget that the phone even has a rear camera or play into the hands of the company and pay around 1/5 the cost of the phone for a seemingly unsophisticated part ....but one thing is for sure....the company has taken a serious beating to its reputation.... atleast as far as I am concerned....it takes lot of courage to say "sorry"

Options

1 Posts

01-06-2017

IN

1 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 142 of 300

2017-01-06, 8:57 AM

Dear frnds,

I was facing the very prob of camera glass scratches. I was really disappointed by the performance of this moto g series. It is not difficult to come out from dis problem. These are really not scratches. I cleaned it and it become scratch free. It seems like new glass. Image quality is 100% fine same like my new device.

Options

1 Posts

08-15-2016

IN

4 Signins

34 Page Views

• Views: 34
  • Message 143 of 300

2017-01-07, 11:34 AM

To all those people who are stating that the silver border doesnt allow the glass to get in contact with other surface must not be using MOTO G4.  I have been using this phone for the last 5 months. The camera was really good in the beginning but now, due to the scratches, the images are now really bad. This is the first time am facing such an issue from a moto phone. I have used the moto e 1st gen and moto g3 but did not face any scratching issue. Surely its the fault of Lenovo using sub standard quality glass. 

PS: I dont want people telling me that i should have used a casing or should have been carefull because i use a case. I also have a cheaper phone which also has a bulged camera screen and the phone is 9 months old. But till now there havent been any scratches. The service centre guys have been really useless 

Options

91 Posts

09-10-2016

IN

106 Signins

1003 Page Views

• Views: 1003
  • Message 144 of 300

2017-01-07, 16:47 PM

wrote:

wrote:
I got same problem in 5 months and when i went to service center they told me that it is not included in warranty and i have to pay for it. The camera is aligned outside the phone body and it'll definitely got scratched if goos quality glass isn't used. It is all company's fault. So it should included in warranty.

There is a raised ring around the glass which covers the camera lens. No matter how many ridiculous estimates (90 out of 100? Really?) that people make, the fact is that many of us have NO SCRATCHES on our phones. Mine has none and has been in constant use since July. It has been in my pocket, handbag, and laid down on its back on various surfaces. It is not in a protective case.

The glass may not be the highest quality available, but why would anyone expect premium parts in a cheap phone? At$200, the G4 is just about 1/4 of what I paid for an S7 Edge, less than 1/3 the cost of a Moto Z with even one mod, and 1/4 of the Note 7 which I had to return. These are high-spec, flagship phones. The G4 IS NOT. There is a marketplace principle that's been around a long time, and it is demonstrated in most ALL warranties today -- you break it (or damage it), you fix it. 

Time is a very valuable commodity, it is perhaps the most valuable thing we all have. So... my question is... how much of it is a person willing to spend on writing complaints about a policy that was in place before purchase, and remains the same after purchase? So one must ask oneself, "is this the highest and best use of my time?" No doubt the answer will vary from person to person.

Our only point is that Motorola maintained such high quality standards with its previous generation G phones, that everyone and anyone that used those were very satisfied and never heard any complain about those. My friend still uses 1st generation G phone and he's very happy with it. We couldn't even imagine that Motorola would stoop so low suddenly. So the point that you are making that we shouldn't have such high expectations from a low budget phone is not acceptable.

Let me give you another evidence of how pathetic Moto service centre is.

Earlier I had a Sony Xperia SP. It was also easily prone to scratches on the camera lens. So when I raised a complaint with its service centre they acknowledged that it had that problem and hence they had kept the lens replacement price at just 100 rs and I did that replacement 2 times in a period of 2 years. I guess that should be enough to show the pathetic attitude of Moto service centre.

I rest my case.

Options

1 Posts

01-08-2017

IN

3 Signins

37 Page Views

• Views: 37
  • Message 145 of 300

2017-01-08, 16:13 PM

By keeping Trust in Motorola i purchased moto g4 but service center not supported camera issues and why scatch resistive material used for camera portion i am the regular user of smart phone this phone only has this problem company not supported and not ready to understand issues 

Options

1 Posts

01-09-2017

IN

1 Signins

44 Page Views

• Views: 44
  • Message 146 of 300

2017-01-09, 9:30 AM
I never expected such an worst product from lenovo brand(moto G4plus).i bought lenovo a7000 1.5+ yrs before and still its camera glass is with zero scratches. Expected such a product frm lenovo really bt in moto G4plus it fails.Would like to know will moto company provide replacement for Moto G4 plus rear camera glass scratches or not. Moto please tell us yes/no.
Options

1 Posts

01-09-2017

IN

1 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 147 of 300

2017-01-09, 21:32 PM

I m also faing same issue...Motorola should take it seriously.

or It will cost it afterwards,Customers will make Bad Maketing

Options

1 Posts

01-10-2017

IN

1 Signins

33 Page Views

• Views: 33
  • Message 148 of 300

2017-01-10, 13:11 PM

Hello 

Am ready to pay for the glass cover. But it's not  svailable since 4 months is what customer service person said. Now what do you want us to do? 

Options

23 Posts

11-23-2016

IN

84 Signins

451 Page Views

• Views: 451
  • Message 149 of 300

2017-01-10, 15:35 PM
we do not have any salution guys,motorolla support team already said that it is not in warrenty,that means they cant help us.
Options

1 Posts

01-11-2017

IN

1 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 150 of 300

2017-01-11, 9:24 AM

Easy DIY.

If you face scratches on the glass. 

Just go for the lamination on the glass on the camera. It will fix the problem and the camera will be able to focus.

For experimenting, try it with transparent tape. Just take a small piece and stick it to the glass of the camera and make sure there is no bubble in-between. See the difference yourself.

If transparent tape works well, go for the lamona. It will give you more better picture.

I am currently using this fix.

Doesn't cost more then 50INR and warranty is also not void.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete