Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto G PhonesMoto G4 / Moto G4 Plus / Moto G4 Play
All Forum Topics
Options

1 Posts

08-31-2017

United States of America

1 Signins

11 Page Views

• Views: 11
  • Message 281 of 300

Re: Moto G4 plus rear camera glass scratches

2017-08-31, 18:16 PM

I HAVE A MOTO G 4TH GEN, THE REAR CAMERA ICON IS MISSING, I CAN ONLY TAKE PICTURES FROM THE FRONT CAMERA

Options

2 Posts

09-04-2017

India

3 Signins

35 Page Views

• Views: 35
  • Message 282 of 300

2017-09-04, 7:46 AM

A poor lens glass from a branded mobile company, Ridiculous. I'm facing this issue after 2 months of buying this mobile(now one year had gone). It is really unfair. Eventhough I've put an bumber case & all, got scratches all over the glass. I didn't expected this kind of quality from motorola, really get disappointed after facing this issue. Recently I approached a nearby service centre to enquire about this issue, they said that it is a physical damage so you need to pay 2500rs for replacing the set. Wow! Awesome. Then what is the actual rate of the Major Hardwares of the mobile??:catmad: :smileysad:

Options

2 Posts

09-08-2017

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

3 Signins

92 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 92
  • Message 283 of 300

2017-09-08, 11:48 AM

wrote:

wrote:

Hello Moto...and Friends....I purchased the phone in May 2016...the phone is still awesome....the rear camera pics were superb in beginning but the pic quality has been gradually declining... now it is pathetic...the glass covering the rear camera has become very scratched. ...that too with a flip cover for first 5 months and back transparent cover since last 2 months....(after going thru the responses I presume that this can definitely be termed "mishandling" by some people)....on the contrary, prior to MotoG4plus, I used nokia c7...for 5 years (too much....isn't it...)....without any covering whatsoever ...(those people will now call it "taking extremely good care")....I still have the phone...the 8mp pics of nokia are still awesome....I never knew that I am such a bad handler for phones...now I request solution for the problem....ideally the back glass should be replaced by moto but I don't see that coming...so.....solution please...is it available in open market....

Yes, there appear to be instances of damage to the covering over the lens. The cause is up for debate. I don't happen to have any scratches on mine, since July, but obviously others do have the issue. You can certainly contact Moto customer service to inquire again about repairs, but at this time, from what I've read, the scratches are stil considered user damage. Motorola doesn't sell parts directly to customers, and they may only be obtained through authorized repair centers or some secondary market for parts.

Its not User Damage. Dont be daft. A million people (yes my figures ARE accurate thanks) have been sold a sub-acceptable product. A camera phone that stops being a camera phone after short period due to lack of manufacture quality. If I sold you a phone that was held together with a single piece of sellotape and it broke in two because you didn't carry it like a baby... I guess that User Damage too. Anyway actually the Warranty is worth as much good as the company who provides them. You don't require a warranty, all customers have whats called consumer rights REGARDLESS. You don't need a Warranty. This is the only solution: STOP asking Lenovo for a solution! Bring all these unsatisfied users together and take them to court under the Consumers Right Act 2015.

Options

2 Posts

09-08-2017

3 Signins

92 Page Views

• Views: 92
  • Message 284 of 300

2017-09-08, 12:10 PM

wrote:

wrote:
I got same problem in 5 months and when i went to service center they told me that it is not included in warranty and i have to pay for it. The camera is aligned outside the phone body and it'll definitely got scratched if goos quality glass isn't used. It is all company's fault. So it should included in warranty.

There is a raised ring around the glass which covers the camera lens. No matter how many ridiculous estimates (90 out of 100? Really?) that people make, the fact is that many of us have NO SCRATCHES on our phones. Mine has none and has been in constant use since July. It has been in my pocket, handbag, and laid down on its back on various surfaces. It is not in a protective case.

The glass may not be the highest quality available, but why would anyone expect premium parts in a cheap phone? At$200, the G4 is just about 1/4 of what I paid for an S7 Edge, less than 1/3 the cost of a Moto Z with even one mod, and 1/4 of the Note 7 which I had to return. These are high-spec, flagship phones. The G4 IS NOT. There is a marketplace principle that's been around a long time, and it is demonstrated in most ALL warranties today -- you break it (or damage it), you fix it. 

Time is a very valuable commodity, it is perhaps the most valuable thing we all have. So... my question is... how much of it is a person willing to spend on writing complaints about a policy that was in place before purchase, and remains the same after purchase? So one must ask oneself, "is this the highest and best use of my time?" No doubt the answer will vary from person to person.

Lol. This guy. This last comment of his really cracked me up. "TIME is a very valuable commodity… how much is a person willing to spend complaining about a policy… [more garbage]”. Perhaps this is the most ironic (moronic) rhetorical question I have ever read! This dude is this topics NUMBER ONE poster! And guess what!... he has NO PROBLEM with his phone! He is actually just here to share his delight in purchasing this phone! He has spent his last months dedicating his time on this thread to nobly counter-complaints for Lenovo because he is the only one who has had no problem! Nobody else gonna call this one???… B#LLS#IT. Why would anybody spend this much time fighting for a corporation that has clearly wronged a lot of reasonable people, especially when the case does not concern his happy-little-self. Even IF this clear-as-day-Lenovo-affiliated “user” happened to own one of these sh*t phones and his happened to not be sh*t (without wrapping it in bubble wrap) I would be very surprised that he would take up arms against a huge crowd of reasonable-but-annoyed customers after hearing them explaining OVER and OVER again that THEIRS (after keeping it in separate pockets to the aforementioned COINS, KNIVES, PILE OF SAND) HAVE broken down to an unusable state (they have owned phones before and have lived in the real world with you, they ain’t morons, they know the difference between misuse and unacceptable quality - without a due warning).  A rational, unbiased person (non-party to Lenovo) with a brain would think “ahh maybe these poor people have a genuine problem with the manufacture of their particular device, and perhaps I have been lucky to not purchase one of these”. A irrational, biased, dipsh*t, on the other-hand, on a Lenovo payroll would “waste” (get paid for) months of his time countering reasonable disputes from cheated customers - with garbage pathetic null-points like this guy. If a warranty does not cover user damage that’s fine, but if I sold you a phone that was held together with sellotape and it broke because you picked it up without using two hand to support it at all times! Although yeah my bad, I forgot to TELL you it was held together with sellotape I guess this guy would shame you for this too! SHAME! SHAME for breaking your perfectly-good-when-I-carefully-handed-it-to-you sellotaped phone!

Options

1 Posts

09-11-2017

India

2 Signins

18 Page Views

• Views: 18
  • Message 285 of 300

2017-09-11, 4:02 AM

Actually you can use bit of baking soda and a drop of water and gently rub on the camera lense for few minutes and it will surely clear all the scratches... I tried it long back and its working like a new one.. 

Options

1 Posts

09-16-2017

India

1 Signins

7 Page Views

• Views: 7
  • Message 286 of 300

2017-09-16, 10:42 AM

Hi moto 

I have proble With moto G4 plus camara,Because camera glass scratches.if we use cover than also galss will scratche..its your design problem .because motog4 plus camrea surface is out of body surface .so its your design problem ..also i am going to your service center in abhinav technologis ahmedabad, they say me it is not cover in warrenty .i purchesed this phone before 8 month.due to your design problem we have problem and facing issue ..kindly cover in warrenty ,also lense glass prise is costely.

Options

1 Posts

09-18-2017

India

2 Signins

47 Page Views

• Views: 47
  • Message 287 of 300

2017-09-18, 9:34 AM

I also have MotoG4 Plus and completely disappointed with quality of camera glass, I had Lenovo A7000 earlier, it never had any issues, this glass of G4 plus is so delicate that even a cloth can also scratch it.

now a days there are camera glasses available on Amazon, has anyone try them? any one has any idea how can they be replaced at home?

https://www.amazon.in/Shockware-Replacement-Camera-Lens-Glass/dp/B06ZZSMFXD/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1505727064&sr=1-1&keywords=moto+g4plus+camera+lens

Options

2 Posts

09-20-2017

2 Signins

20 Page Views

• Views: 20
  • Message 288 of 300

2017-09-20, 10:52 AM

Had same problem, sorted with a magic sponge eraser and a bit of ethanol. There's a coating which attracts feint scratches. See attached before image, I'll post after image next.

Options

2 Posts

09-20-2017

2 Signins

20 Page Views

• Views: 20
  • Message 289 of 300

2017-09-20, 11:01 AM

Oops try again.

Options

2 Posts

10-23-2017

Egypt

1 Signins

12 Page Views

• Views: 12
  • Message 290 of 300

2017-10-23, 11:07 AM

بنيان للتشييد وإدارة المشروعات ... فكر مستقل ومتجدد انطلق في مجال التطوير والإستثمار العقاري يقودها مجموعة من كبار المستشارين وأساتذة الجامعة المتخصصين حيث تمتد خبرتهم إلى حوالي 35 عاماً من الخبرة والإبداع والنجاح المتصل, وقد أحدثت بنيان فارقاً ملموساً في فترة قصيرة في عالم العقارات في القاهرة الجديدة وعلى وجه الخصوص في التجمع الخامس, حيث أصبحت بنيان ضمن أكبر عشر شركات عقارية في التجمع الخامس.
وتسعى الشركة جاهدة لتوفير كافة العوامل والمميزات لتحقق لعملاءها متطلباتهم في إقتناء شقة العمر, حيث توفر الشركة أكثر من 50 مشروع بأرقى أحياء التجمع الخامس (القرنفل , اللوتس , التمر حنة , الأندلس) وبأميز المواقع وأفضل التصميمات سواء ( شقة , دوبلكس , روف , أرضي بحديقة ).
كما أنها تطور جميع أقسامها باستمرار لتوفر كافة الخدمات للعملاء من جهة والمستثمرين من جهة أخرى لتحقيق رغباتهم وطموحاتهم في مجال الإستثمار العقاري من خلال مجموعة من الكوادر الأكفاء في مختلف الأقسام.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms