Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto G PhonesMoto G4 / Moto G4 Plus / Moto G4 Play
All Forum Topics
Options

3 Posts

04-14-2018

United States of America

20 Signins

134 Page Views

• Views: 134
  • Message 1 of 3

Moto G4 plus speaker doesn't work after update

2018-04-14, 5:21 AM

Hello,

My moto g4 plus speaker stop working after the February update, at first I thought that the speaker was broken but when I noticed this I restarted several times and sometimes when booting up the hello moto intro played the music and the voice of the woman saying the hello moto thing. I start poking things around and reading about possible solutions.

I factory reset it and first I did a restore of my apps and data but that didn't work so I did another factory reset and this time I didn't restore anything to rule out a third party app been messing with the speaker, also run the device help test and the factory tools to test the speaker and nothing.

Another problem came up....the headphone jack wasn't getting recognized from time to time, after restarting sometimes would work sometimes it won't, also noticed that when trying to play something on youtube as a test for the speaker it would fail to load the video (I'm attaching a screen capture for that).

Here it gets interesting.... I kept poking around and ended up thinking about reinstalling android so I unlocked dev options and enable USB debugging and when I plugged to my pc I restart the devide and realized that the speaker was working just fine but after about a minute the speaker would stop working again.

I got to generate a bug report when the phone wasn't connected to the USB and the speaker wasnt working, another one when the device was connected and the speaker was working and a third one right after the speaker stop working again. Hope that this helps to solve this problem!!

Options

7 Posts

02-07-2018

India

28 Signins

284 Page Views

• Views: 284
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: Moto G4 plus speaker doesn't work after update

2018-04-16, 6:44 AM
I also have kind of the same issue..just that my speakers are working but headphone jack are not after the update. They miss most of the time.
Options

3 Posts

04-14-2018

United States of America

20 Signins

134 Page Views

• Views: 134
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: Moto G4 plus speaker doesn't work after update

2018-04-24, 4:22 AM

Wow what a **bleep**ing waste of time, I contacted customer service after posting here since nobody seems to care and they reply with this 2 options

We do have 2 options for the replacement:

For the First Option: Return and Exchange, you'll need to send us first your device before we can send out a replacement. We'll send you a pre-paid shipping label through your e-mail.

Out of warranty fee: $125.00

For the Second option: Advanced Exchange, for a premium fee of $24.99 we can send you a replacement device first and when you receive it you can then send us back your defective device.

Advance Exchange In Warranty Standard Repair 

Repair Estimate : $125.00 
Security Hold : $200.00 ( refundable )
Premium Fee : $24.99 

So I need to pay 125 to 150 to fix something that your **bleep**ty updates broke or 3rd option, buy another phone and NEVER again get anything from lenovo/motochota ever again.......I'll go with opt 3

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms