12-29-2016

US

98 Signins

983 Page Views

• Views: 983
  • Message 1 of 5

N update thoughts/opinions/anything else

2016-12-30, 11:09 AM

Having switched to a Motorola device now that the Nexus program is largely dead, I'm surprised how great the N update actually is. I heard moto keep the visible bloat to an absolute minimum and they do - It's pretty much stock Android. No awful skins and overlays, nothing too horrible lurking behind the scenes and an unlockable bootloader!

It's obvious they've done some serious optimization for these devices, which I guess would account for the wait, but it's well worth it.

As I said before, to take full advantage of these huge full HD displays, it'd be real nice to have one additional notch on the display scaling for some extra space. Still a touch too big for my liking, but nothing like it was on M. You can still change wm density through adb, but it'd be nice for everyone else to have it in the UI.

I did notice that the flashlight failed to fire once or twice, but soon appeared to fix itself.

The Ok Google hotword seems very buggy. Fails to respond the majority of the time and took multiple attempts during enrollment. Seems to disable itself in settings, although that may be a problem with the Google App itself. 

I disabled Moto Display, but I'd like Ambient Screen to work when the device is picked up (which it doesn't). I had that working in a LOS/CM build, but it'd be nice to see it working.

Battery life is on par with M. Doze appears to be sipping battery when idle.

Encryption works great and no noticeable lag (I'm looking at you Nexus 6). Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure FBE and Direct Boot are actually enabled!

How's it going for everyone else?

Options

33 Posts

12-29-2016

IN

47 Signins

783 Page Views

• Views: 783
  • Message 2 of 5

Re: N update thoughts/opinions/anything else

2016-12-30, 12:44 PM

wrote:

Having switched to a Motorola device now that the Nexus program is largely dead, I'm surprised how great the N update actually is. I heard moto keep the visible bloat to an absolute minimum and they do - It's pretty much stock Android. No awful skins and overlays, nothing too horrible lurking behind the scenes and an unlockable bootloader!

It's obvious they've done some serious optimization for these devices, which I guess would account for the wait, but it's well worth it.

As I said before, to take full advantage of these huge full HD displays, it'd be real nice to have one additional notch on the display scaling for some extra space. Still a touch too big for my liking, but nothing like it was on M. You can still change wm density through adb, but it'd be nice for everyone else to have it in the UI.

I did notice that the flashlight failed to fire once or twice, but soon appeared to fix itself.

The Ok Google hotword seems very buggy. Fails to respond the majority of the time and took multiple attempts during enrollment. Seems to disable itself in settings, although that may be a problem with the Google App itself. 

I disabled Moto Display, but I'd like Ambient Screen to work when the device is picked up (which it doesn't). I had that working in a LOS/CM build, but it'd be nice to see it working.

Battery life is on par with M. Doze appears to be sipping battery when idle.

Encryption works great and no noticeable lag (I'm looking at you Nexus 6). Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure FBE and Direct Boot are actually enabled!

How's it going for everyone else?

The update is fine , good features and everything is okay except the notification sound , it doesn't work , the sound doesn't come , its like you have kept your phone on mute,  really annoying . 

Options

28 Posts

12-29-2016

US

98 Signins

983 Page Views

• Views: 983
  • Message 3 of 5

2016-12-30, 12:50 PM

The update is fine , good features and everything is okay except the notification sound , it doesn't work , the sound doesn't come , its like you have kept your phone on mute,  really annoying . 

That's strange. I'm not seeing that issue. Are many people seeing that bug? Maybe the permissions got screwed up during the update. 

Options

33 Posts

12-29-2016

IN

47 Signins

783 Page Views

• Views: 783
  • Message 4 of 5

2016-12-31, 4:42 AM

Yes many are facing the bug , its not the permissions or any settings , its their software bug which existed in the version 6 as well which they have failed to address for so long . I have the XT1643 model , and I'm facing this issue since a long time. 

You may read the other posts on the forum as well, you'll find a majority of them facing this issue . 

Options

35 Posts

10-20-2016

US

169 Signins

845 Page Views

• Views: 845
  • Message 5 of 5

2016-12-31, 5:13 AM

I'm assuming you have a G4 Plus and sideloaded? I've yet to see any evidence of non-Plus version getting nougat. Patiently waiting

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete