Motorola Community

Moto G PhonesMoto G4 / Moto G4 Plus / Moto G4 Play
All Forum Topics
Options

1 Posts

07-16-2020

US

1 Signins

5 Page Views

  • Posts: 1
  • Registered: ‎07-16-2020
  • Location: US
  • Views: 5
  • Message 11 of 17

Re:NO SOUND / NO VIDEO MOTO G4 PLUS

2020-07-16, 19:48 PM
Same issue. But found one solution. Turn off WiFi .Take out sim Now power off mobile. Wait for 3 to 4 minutes. Turn on mobile. Now put sim Turn on WiFi
Reply
Options

5 Posts

07-17-2020

IN

3 Signins

35 Page Views

  • Posts: 5
  • Registered: ‎07-17-2020
  • Location: IN
  • Views: 35
  • Message 12 of 17

Re:NO SOUND / NO VIDEO MOTO G4 PLUS

2020-08-05, 17:29 PM

hi,

i also face with same issue. tried hardware test but no sound there as well. speaker is fine as some time sound come back for sometime before disabling again.

 

what to do? kindly suggest an alternative.

Reply
Options

2798 Posts

04-04-2018

IN

373 Signins

26030 Page Views

  • Posts: 2798
  • Registered: ‎04-04-2018
  • Location: IN
  • Views: 26030
  • Message 13 of 17

Re:NO SOUND / NO VIDEO MOTO G4 PLUS

2020-08-07, 14:04 PM

@ Akashdeep1520 wrote:
 

 

hi,

i also face with same issue. tried hardware test but no sound there as well. speaker is fine as some time sound come back for sometime before disabling again.

 

what to do? kindly suggest an alternative.

 

Hi,

 

Sorry to know about your concern. If the test has failed in the Hardware test, it is most likely that you need your device to be repaired. 

 

However, before that, I would like you to test the device in Safe Mode and see how it goes.

 

Let me know.

 

Regards,

Suman



Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Reply
Options

5 Posts

07-17-2020

IN

3 Signins

35 Page Views

  • Posts: 5
  • Registered: ‎07-17-2020
  • Location: IN
  • Views: 35
  • Message 14 of 17

Re:NO SOUND / NO VIDEO MOTO G4 PLUS

2020-08-15, 3:17 AM

hi,

similar problem for me! service center says speaker is fine but "IC" is damaged (if i am writing it correct). But since it is official money grabbing service center, the technician said, the whole motherboard need to be replaced just for a small component which can be easily replaced because company don't give them permission to change motherboard parts which require heat blower or soldering. its cost~Rs.8000-9000. Although there are lot of youtube videos where the aforesaid component was replaced and issue resolved!. 

but the Manufacturer of your device won't do that.

Private service center would do but the parts of MOTO are not easily available in the market.

 

i am fed with Moto brand: First Moto X Play & now G4plus, such small issues will lead to discarding of whole smartphone!

Reply
Options

2798 Posts

04-04-2018

IN

373 Signins

26030 Page Views

  • Posts: 2798
  • Registered: ‎04-04-2018
  • Location: IN
  • Views: 26030
  • Message 15 of 17

Re:NO SOUND / NO VIDEO MOTO G4 PLUS

2020-08-18, 9:00 AM

@ Akashdeep1520 wrote:
 

 

hi,

similar problem for me! service center says speaker is fine but "IC" is damaged (if i am writing it correct). But since it is official money grabbing service center, the technician said, the whole motherboard need to be replaced just for a small component which can be easily replaced because company don't give them permission to change motherboard parts which require heat blower or soldering. its cost~Rs.8000-9000. Although there are lot of youtube videos where the aforesaid component was replaced and issue resolved!. 

but the Manufacturer of your device won't do that.

Private service center would do but the parts of MOTO are not easily available in the market.

 

i am fed with Moto brand: First Moto X Play & now G4plus, such small issues will lead to discarding of whole smartphone!

 

I understand your concern and we will try our best to assist you with this. Please email us at apsocial@motorola.com with your contact number and device IMEI number. 

 

Once received the email, our concerned team immediately escalate your case and get in touch with you.

 

Regards,

Suman



Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Reply
Options

1 Posts

08-24-2020

GB

4 Signins

25 Page Views

  • Posts: 1
  • Registered: ‎08-24-2020
  • Location: GB
  • Views: 25
  • Message 16 of 17

Re:NO SOUND / NO VIDEO MOTO G4 PLUS

2020-08-24, 12:32 PM

I lost all sound on my Moto G4 this morning.  I have tried a power off and on but it doesn't go through the full start up - it goes straight from the Android page to the home page without the interim "Hello Moto" steps.  I note there has been forum content relating to this issue for several years and that those that have done the basics (clear cache; factory reset) seem to have had no success.  Is there a definitive answer to this problem please or do I need to replace the phone?

 

Thanks

Reply
Options

2798 Posts

04-04-2018

IN

373 Signins

26030 Page Views

  • Posts: 2798
  • Registered: ‎04-04-2018
  • Location: IN
  • Views: 26030
  • Message 17 of 17

Re:NO SOUND / NO VIDEO MOTO G4 PLUS

2020-08-25, 13:09 PM

@ JN999 wrote:
 

 

I lost all sound on my Moto G4 this morning.  I have tried a power off and on but it doesn't go through the full start up - it goes straight from the Android page to the home page without the interim "Hello Moto" steps.  I note there has been forum content relating to this issue for several years and that those that have done the basics (clear cache; factory reset) seem to have had no success.  Is there a definitive answer to this problem please or do I need to replace the phone?

 

Thanks

 

Hi,

 

Sorry to know about this and thanks for letting us know! I would like to confirm if you have performed Clear Cache/Factory Data Reset. Let me know.

 

Also, please take the Hardware test-- go to the app drawer > Moto/Device Help > Hardware test > Speaker > test.

 

Kindly share the test result with us for further assistance. I will be waiting for your response.

 

Regards,

Suman



Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Reply
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete