11-23-2016

IN

84 Signins

451 Page Views

• Views: 451
  • Message 131 of 2450

Re: Nougat update news for ALL G4

2017-01-01, 4:44 AM
There are some bugs in. Nought update 7.0 for moto g4 plus,when i get new update to fix that bugs?
Options

2 Posts

12-21-2016

LT

15 Signins

103 Page Views

• Views: 103
  • Message 132 of 2450

2017-01-01, 9:36 AM

Well funny where this discussion is going to with some agressive forum moderators and minions of them. But its not the case.

Lenovo-Motorola were saying (in difrent places) that update will be rolled out in q4. That happened? No. red messege from (maybe spamer) with important forum name Where MOTO was part of nickname that update will be rolled out until end of JAN. Could be. But then again some forum mods are smartasses making contra questions to all public waiting for update (which is already late) saying where officialy it was announced?. Costumer services were clueless about real situation with updates. But I have to remind You, that Lenovo-Motorola in UK moto g4 website had poster that this device will get not only N update but also O update (is that official enough?).... Thats long way to go, but begining is already bumpy. Funny but in my live I had Lenovo smartphone. One of earliest Lenovo models... Manny promises then, and none of them become true.

Options

327 Posts

07-22-2016

CY

945 Signins

5263 Page Views

• Views: 5263
  • Message 133 of 2450

2017-01-01, 11:11 AM

wrote:

Well funny where this discussion is going to with some agressive forum moderators and minions of them. But its not the case.

Lenovo-Motorola were saying (in difrent places) that update will be rolled out in q4. That happened? No. red messege from (maybe spamer) with important forum name Where MOTO was part of nickname that update will be rolled out until end of JAN. Could be. But then again some forum mods are smartasses making contra questions to all public waiting for update (which is already late) saying where officialy it was announced?. Costumer services were clueless about real situation with updates. But I have to remind You, that Lenovo-Motorola in UK moto g4 website had poster that this device will get not only N update but also O update (is that official enough?).... Thats long way to go, but begining is already bumpy. Funny but in my live I had Lenovo smartphone. One of earliest Lenovo models... Manny promises then, and none of them become true.

users with Indian G4 received the update last Wed (29/12) and to be honest, they didn't specify which Q4, it could be 2020 Q4, who knows? but be patient, maybe its being late for the European version is you'll recieve the 7.1 at once skipping 7.0 

Options

5 Posts

03-20-2015

Brazil

10 Signins

151 Page Views

• Views: 151
  • Message 134 of 2450

2017-01-01, 12:51 PM

Quarter 4 (Q4) runs from the 1st of October to the 31st of December :)

Options

327 Posts

07-22-2016

CY

945 Signins

5263 Page Views

• Views: 5263
  • Message 135 of 2450

2017-01-01, 12:59 PM

wrote:

Quarter 4 (Q4) runs from the 1st of October to the 31st of December :)

in the blog they didn't mention which Q4 specifically, so it might be as i said before 2020 Q4 

Options

87 Posts

10-07-2016

GB

213 Signins

872 Page Views

• Views: 872
  • Message 136 of 2450

2017-01-01, 13:19 PM

I think the anger comes from the fact Motorola was one of the 1st to  promise the updates yet even Samsung & LG who have a reputation for being the last to issue updates have already updated a number of their current handsets, or given definitive dates when the updates will appear. 

If Motorola wants to increase market share then it really needs to stop mucking customers about otherwise it'll get a reputation which will drive customers away. 

Samsung realised this which is why they're so on the ball ensuring not only the security updates are released within days of Google launch, but that Nougat rolled out. 

Even LG has already sent out the January security update to all its devices! 

Options

28352 Posts

02-02-2016

US

5841 Signins

132765 Page Views

• Views: 132765
  • Message 137 of 2450

2017-01-01, 13:34 PM

wrote:

I think the anger comes from the fact Motorola was one of the 1st to  promise the updates yet even Samsung & LG who have a reputation for being the last to issue updates have already updated a number of their current handsets, or given definitive dates when the updates will appear. 

If Motorola wants to increase market share then it really needs to stop mucking customers about otherwise it'll get a reputation which will drive customers away. 

Samsung realised this which is why they're so on the ball ensuring not only the security updates are released within days of Google launch, but that Nougat rolled out. 

Even LG has already sent out the January security update to all its devices! 

Please provide "definitive dates" from lg and samsung as mentioned above. Samsung is still in beta, no phones have public N i am aware of. 

If you really want to know how moto handles updates, there are years of forum posts that say the same thing.  Nothing has changed.  And None of the other oems are different, no matter what you think. Any that used to give dates, stopped after they missed them. 

Believe it or not, most consumers dont really care. The mass market users update when their phone says it has an update. They pick phone based on features it has currently, not what it might get in the future. Fast updates appeal to phone enthusiasts, not average users.

enthsuiasts can choose to relax or be angrier. Blaming someone for making you angry when things are working the way they always have makes little sense. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Options

6 Posts

10-22-2016

US

49 Signins

406 Page Views

• Views: 406
  • Message 138 of 2450

2017-01-01, 14:01 PM

NX I agree completely. While Motorola can say they did *technically* roll out the upgrade by the end of the year to *some* users in *one* country on *some* networks, for all intents and purposes they failed to deliver. One of the primary selling points for these phones was the promise of timely updates and good security due to the minimal extra coding necessary because of the near-stock OS. We (the paying customers) were then first told the security updates would be released in "batches" (meaning whatever Motorola wants it to mean). Then the promised Q4 season came and no word came from Moto.

Meanwhile we got to watch Samsung and OnePlus conduct broad, inclusive and voluntary beta tests leading to OS updates rolling out to *every* OnePlus 3 and 3T and Samsung going so far as to skip 7.0 entirely and go straight to 7.1.1.

Again, no word from Moto.

Releasing a limited batch of updates in one country does *technically* fulfill the promise Moto made to begin updates but in no way does it honor the spirit of the announcement, especially without communicating with either the press or the customers themselves.

I want to like this phone. It's very well built for the price point. That being said I bought it largely for the promise of Motorola rolling out prompt security updates and OS upgrades. Those two categories were what was supposed to separate the Moto line from companies like BLU- at this point I could spend the same money and gain additional features with a BLU device (besides ADUPS lol) and still be on par with the majority of G4 owners.

I was told by a "moderator"on this forum a little while back that if I wanted increased probability of an upgrade (or a better all-around phone experience) I should have shelled out more money for a better phone.

Well he was right. I should have bought a OnePlus.

Options

1 Posts

01-01-2017

IN

1 Signins

32 Page Views

• Views: 32
  • Message 139 of 2450

2017-01-01, 16:28 PM

not received nougat on moto g4 plus 

Options

5 Posts

11-29-2016

US

19 Signins

116 Page Views

• Views: 116
  • Message 140 of 2450

2017-01-01, 22:12 PM

Same here - 2016/Q4 is in the past, and no Android 7.0 update.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete