Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto G PhonesMoto G4 / Moto G4 Plus / Moto G4 Play
All Forum Topics
Options

231 Posts

12-18-2014

United States of America

251 Signins

1900 Page Views

• Views: 1900
  • Message 141 of 2450

Re: Nougat update news for ALL G4

2017-01-01, 22:20 PM

wrote:

NX I agree completely. While Motorola can say they did *technically* roll out the upgrade by the end of the year to *some* users in *one* country on *some* networks, for all intents and purposes they failed to deliver. One of the primary selling points for these phones was the promise of timely updates and good security due to the minimal extra coding necessary because of the near-stock OS. We (the paying customers) were then first told the security updates would be released in "batches" (meaning whatever Motorola wants it to mean). Then the promised Q4 season came and no word came from Moto.

Meanwhile we got to watch Samsung and OnePlus conduct broad, inclusive and voluntary beta tests leading to OS updates rolling out to *every* OnePlus 3 and 3T and Samsung going so far as to skip 7.0 entirely and go straight to 7.1.1.

Again, no word from Moto.

Releasing a limited batch of updates in one country does *technically* fulfill the promise Moto made to begin updates but in no way does it honor the spirit of the announcement, especially without communicating with either the press or the customers themselves.

I want to like this phone. It's very well built for the price point. That being said I bought it largely for the promise of Motorola rolling out prompt security updates and OS upgrades. Those two categories were what was supposed to separate the Moto line from companies like BLU- at this point I could spend the same money and gain additional features with a BLU device (besides ADUPS lol) and still be on par with the majority of G4 owners.

I was told by a "moderator"on this forum a little while back that if I wanted increased probability of an upgrade (or a better all-around phone experience) I should have shelled out more money for a better phone.

Well he was right. I should have bought a OnePlus.

Well said. To tell you the truth though, from what I'm seeing, maybe they rolled it out a little too fast and that may be to our advantage.

Options

1 Posts

12-25-2016

United States of America

12 Signins

171 Page Views

• Views: 171
  • Message 142 of 2450

2017-01-02, 3:53 AM

**bleep** tards, you've heard the problems with the update. Relax, let the developers get it right. Then it'll be smooth sailing.  FREAKS..

Options

1485 Posts

08-11-2013

United States of America

694 Signins

8363 Page Views

• Views: 8363
  • Message 143 of 2450

2017-01-02, 3:57 AM

wrote:

**bleep** tards, you've heard the problems with the update. Relax, let the developers get it right. Then it'll be smooth sailing.  FREAKS..

Though you are entitled to a personal opinion, name calling and abusive language is very much in violation of the forum rules and guidelines. And.. frankly, it's pretty rude to insult people you do not know. I don't imagine you would like to be on the receiving end of such comments.

Options

333 Posts

07-22-2016

Cyprus

952 Signins

5298 Page Views

• Views: 5298
  • Message 144 of 2450

2017-01-02, 13:34 PM

AFTER ALMOST A WEEK, MOTOROLA INDIA CONFIRMED THE UPDATE Nougat update confirmed

Options

1 Posts

01-02-2017

India

2 Signins

45 Page Views

• Views: 45
  • Message 145 of 2450

2017-01-02, 17:20 PM

I am in india and i still haven't received nougat update, i have moto g4 xt1625 amazon prime exclusive

Options

28352 Posts

02-02-2016

United States of America

5842 Signins

132780 Page Views

• Views: 132780
  • Message 146 of 2450

2017-01-02, 17:52 PM

wrote:

I am in india and i still haven't received nougat update, i have moto g4 xt1625 amazon prime exclusive

Your location doesnt matter. You will get update when other amazon prime variants are updated.  Currently only Indian variants are getting update. 

If you were in usa with Indian moto g4, then you may have got update.  

No idea when amazon prime variants will get it, but likely after all others. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Options

46 Posts

02-22-2015

Spain

185 Signins

1579 Page Views

• Views: 1579
  • Message 147 of 2450

2017-01-02, 18:02 PM

endlessmike escribió:

NX I agree completely. While Motorola can say they did *technically* roll out the upgrade by the end of the year to *some* users in *one* country on *some* networks, for all intents and purposes they failed to deliver. One of the primary selling points for these phones was the promise of timely updates and good security due to the minimal extra coding necessary because of the near-stock OS. We (the paying customers) were then first told the security updates would be released in "batches" (meaning whatever Motorola wants it to mean). Then the promised Q4 season came and no word came from Moto.

Meanwhile we got to watch Samsung and OnePlus conduct broad, inclusive and voluntary beta tests leading to OS updates rolling out to *every* OnePlus 3 and 3T and Samsung going so far as to skip 7.0 entirely and go straight to 7.1.1.

Again, no word from Moto.

Releasing a limited batch of updates in one country does *technically* fulfill the promise Moto made to begin updates but in no way does it honor the spirit of the announcement, especially without communicating with either the press or the customers themselves.

I want to like this phone. It's very well built for the price point. That being said I bought it largely for the promise of Motorola rolling out prompt security updates and OS upgrades. Those two categories were what was supposed to separate the Moto line from companies like BLU- at this point I could spend the same money and gain additional features with a BLU device (besides ADUPS lol) and still be on par with the majority of G4 owners.

I was told by a "moderator"on this forum a little while back that if I wanted increased probability of an upgrade (or a better all-around phone experience) I should have shelled out more money for a better phone.

Well he was right. I should have bought a OnePlus.

My thoughts exactly.

I bought a Moto G4 Plus just because of the supposedly fast and constant updates... And a Moto E 4G for my father a few months earlier for the same reason.

I've already realised that buying the Moto E for that reason was clearly a mistake and I really don't want to end up regretting my other purchase as well.

Options

87 Posts

10-07-2016

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

213 Signins

872 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 872
  • Message 148 of 2450

2017-01-02, 18:14 PM

wrote:

wrote:

Your location doesnt matter. You will get update when other amazon prime variants are updated.  Currently only Indian variants are getting update. 

What is the difference between an Amazon prime G4 and international unlocked? Do amazon sell their own version? 

I thought there were only 2 flavours same as every other handset manufacturer. Network/carrier locked or international unlocked. 

Given both my G4 play and Z play are both unlocked, direct from Motorola I had expected to get updates before carrier variants did. 

It's how it works with every other manufacturer. 

Options

28352 Posts

02-02-2016

United States of America

5842 Signins

132780 Page Views

• Views: 132780
  • Message 149 of 2450

2017-01-02, 18:28 PM

wrote:

wrote:

wrote:

What is the difference between an Amazon prime G4 and international unlocked? Do amazon sell their own version? 

I thought there were only 2 flavours same as every other handset manufacturer. Network/carrier locked or international unlocked. 

Given both my G4 play and Z play are both unlocked, direct from Motorola I had expected to get updates before carrier variants did. 

It's how it works with every other manufacturer. 

The amazon prime variant is like a carrier locked variant... software add ons by amazon. There is a Verizon variant too. 

no g4 carrier variants received first. The droid z came out months before gsm z, so it had a head start. 

If the carriers want to push, they can get updates out faster, it is up to them. Even with other manufacturers, there is never a guarantee that unlocked will beat carrier versions out. It is usually the case, but not always. Verizon has beat the gsm versions when they want to. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Options

26 Posts

01-02-2017

United States of America

77 Signins

550 Page Views

• Views: 550
  • Message 150 of 2450

2017-01-02, 23:08 PM

I would like to choose the low or no bug version please.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms