Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto G PhonesMoto G4 / Moto G4 Plus / Moto G4 Play
All Forum Topics
Options

87 Posts

10-07-2016

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

213 Signins

872 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 872
  • Message 161 of 2450

Re: Nougat update news for ALL G4

2017-01-05, 21:24 PM

wrote:

wrote:

People make assumptions? Doesnt help when Motorola representatives give false information in the first place to fuel these assumptions now does it? Shoot people down all you want the proof and facts of the inconsistencies have been there for many to see, so has the abruptness of so called mods and their minions on here. This is my first experience as a Moto customer, thankfully I'm due an upgrade this year and it'll highly be likely be my last voyage in the Motorola market. 

If the volunteer moderators have been abrupt on occasion (we have no "minions" here by the way...where do people come up with this nonsense?), it is because many, many individuals posting on this forum have:

• asked the same question over and over without even trying to search first
  • made their own assumptions about what Moto can and cannot accomplish with an update and when it "should arrive
  • nagged incessantly about the release of Android N to their phones, only now to complain about Android N on their phones
  • blamed every problem they encounter with their devices on either the phone or Moto, when, in fact, problems are often caused by the apps they have chosen to download and use
  • been rude to the point of profanity because they can't get what they want... right NOW
  • refused to take any troubleshooting steps because they think they should not HAVE to do so
  • insulted the moderators who are trying to assist all the members of the forum

If you undertook to volunteer to read HUNDREDS of these posts every day, you would probably lose patience, too.

I'm admin on a major car forum and none of the team are at all rude despite seeing the same questions over and over. Neither are other members to newbies or repeat questions - of which we have many every day. 

If it irks that much, and you're only a volunteer, perhaps it's time to take a while away or step down? 

There is no need to be rude. 

As for misinformation, the majority of dates and promises have come from Motorola themselves and been printed in various tech magazines, blogs and websites from some big names who've verified the information with manufacturers to give their readers information on Nougat updates. 

So let's not deny Motorola has themselves released this "misinformation". 

Options

1485 Posts

08-11-2013

United States of America

694 Signins

8363 Page Views

• Views: 8363
  • Message 162 of 2450

2017-01-05, 21:34 PM

wrote:

wrote:

wrote:

People make assumptions? Doesnt help when Motorola representatives give false information in the first place to fuel these assumptions now does it? Shoot people down all you want the proof and facts of the inconsistencies have been there for many to see, so has the abruptness of so called mods and their minions on here. This is my first experience as a Moto customer, thankfully I'm due an upgrade this year and it'll highly be likely be my last voyage in the Motorola market. 

If the volunteer moderators have been abrupt on occasion (we have no "minions" here by the way...where do people come up with this nonsense?), it is because many, many individuals posting on this forum have:

• asked the same question over and over without even trying to search first
  • made their own assumptions about what Moto can and cannot accomplish with an update and when it "should arrive
  • nagged incessantly about the release of Android N to their phones, only now to complain about Android N on their phones
  • blamed every problem they encounter with their devices on either the phone or Moto, when, in fact, problems are often caused by the apps they have chosen to download and use
  • been rude to the point of profanity because they can't get what they want... right NOW
  • refused to take any troubleshooting steps because they think they should not HAVE to do so
  • insulted the moderators who are trying to assist all the members of the forum

If you undertook to volunteer to read HUNDREDS of these posts every day, you would probably lose patience, too.

I'm admin on a major car forum and none of the team are at all rude despite seeing the same questions over and over. Neither are other members to newbies or repeat questions - of which we have many every day. 

If it irks that much, and you're only a volunteer, perhaps it's time to take a while away or step down? 

There is no need to be rude. 

As for misinformation, the majority of dates and promises have come from Motorola themselves and been printed in various tech magazines, blogs and websites from some big names who've verified the information with manufacturers to give their readers information on Nougat updates. 

So let's not deny Motorola has themselves released this "misinformation". 

What you call misinformation I would call incorrect news published by many sources who DO NOT work for Motorola. The only reliable information is to be found on the update page of the Moto website, which has never promised a specific date. And congratulations to you if you have never had a moment's impatience with outright discourtesy and accusations from those you are trying to help. Walking a mile in someone else's shoes is usually very educational, but apparently you already have all the answers, so my suggestion was pointless. After more than three years on the forum, and having read 18,079 posts, I suppose I should not let that surprise me.

Options

35 Posts

10-20-2016

United States of America

169 Signins

845 Page Views

• Views: 845
  • Message 163 of 2450

2017-01-05, 21:39 PM

RevLauren, I find it ironic that all your posts are about how the mods are saints and other people would never have patience and need respect, yet on the same face you just attack posters at every opportunity yourself :smileyvery-happy:

Options

92 Posts

12-08-2016

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

231 Signins

1851 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 1851
  • Message 164 of 2450

2017-01-05, 21:56 PM

NX1977 Thank you exactly the point I'm putting across. As I've said myself in another thread I've worked over 20 years in customer services I face constant repetitive questions day in day out, I don't as a representative of a company pull down a customer, provide false information etc etc etc. It ruins s a companies reputation and I've seen many current Moto owners threaten to never to purchase Motorola products in future due to levels of customer service being provided recently and I'm not just talking about misinformation about upgrades. I'm seeing it on a daily basis from Motorola representatives. Also if information provided on social networks like verified Motorola accounts on Twitter is being argued as false information, and also this information is being provided by non Motorola representatives, then why are they being run? Why do they have so called Moto support Moto UK Moto India Moto ger accounts posing as representatives of Motorola, when in fact it's being argued on here they aren't anything to do with Motorola? It's deceiving customers that what it is. Argue the case all you want having such accounts is providing false information and is deceiving customers. Also yes the mods are too abrubt and yes there is a minion who can't help himself but to stick his oar in every time there's a disgruntled Motorola customer on here. 

Options

23 Posts

09-27-2012

United States

18 Signins

229 Page Views

• Views: 229
  • Message 165 of 2450

2017-01-06, 0:00 AM

Motorola use to be very prompt with there up dates, but as of late they have kind of dropped the ball. Hard to believe that it has taken them almost 6 months and still no roll out in USA on Nougat....reason i say 6 months cause thats how long they have had the Nougat software in hand, but anyway this will be my last motorola device and i have been with moto since the Bionic days...Have a nice Day..

Options

37 Posts

08-30-2016

Romania

114 Signins

630 Page Views

• Views: 630
  • Message 166 of 2450

2017-01-06, 14:21 PM

Yes, people are impatient because they are used with Motorola's timely updates. They are used with updates coming even before Nexus phones (2014). And when you have a nearly stock Android it should not take you 6 months to deliver. 

I owend different smartphone brands, when I had Samsung or LG or other, I didn't expect fast updates because I knew from the beginning in what I am getting in. 

When I bought Moto, the first thing I expected was fast updates, because let's be honest there are thousands of smartphones models out there and the only thing Motorola was best were... you guessed... timely updates.

But like I said before Motorola's era has passed, Lenovo is here.  

Options

3 Posts

12-29-2016

Brazil

10 Signins

77 Page Views

• Views: 77
  • Message 167 of 2450

2017-01-06, 15:46 PM

https://www.facebook.com/familiamotog4/

Brazil

http://www.tudocelular.com/android/noticias/n83917/motorola-moto-g4-plus-android-nougat-brasil.html

Total instafaction.

Options

8 Posts

10-23-2016

Brazil

63 Signins

622 Page Views

• Views: 622
  • Message 168 of 2450

2017-01-08, 9:46 AM
"Motoenrola" quando vamos receber o update?
Options

231 Posts

12-18-2014

United States of America

251 Signins

1900 Page Views

• Views: 1900
  • Message 169 of 2450

2017-01-08, 15:04 PM

wrote:
"Motoenrola" quando vamos receber o update?

Asked and answered a hundred times.

Perguntou e respondeu uma centena de vezes. (Or something like that)

Options

95 Posts

03-16-2013

United States of America

141 Signins

1462 Page Views

• Views: 1462
  • Message 170 of 2450

2017-01-08, 18:34 PM

This may be an unpopular opinion, but...

If 7.0 has bugs that were swatted by the 7.1.1 update, I would rather Lenovo/Moto/Verizon wait and bring the 7.1.1 update to the G4 Play instead. (I have the VZW prepaid variant of the G4 Play, XT1609.)

I have no problems with 6.0.1 Marshmallow...and can hang in there as opposed to introducing major bugs with the 7.0 Nougat version.

IIRC, Verizon/Motorola skipped 5.0 altogether in favor of 5.0.1 on the prepaid Moto G (XT1028), though that was more in line with fixing the SSL problem.

I don't know how quickly Verizon will put out the Nougat update on the G4 Play prepaid, but I'm willing to wait a while if it's 7.1.1 fixing 7.0 bugs.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms