Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto G PhonesMoto G4 / Moto G4 Plus / Moto G4 Play
All Forum Topics
Options

44 Posts

09-25-2016

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

120 Signins

573 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 573
  • Message 2281 of 2450

Re: Nougat update news for ALL G4

2018-04-13, 12:56 PM

wrote:

Got the March 2018 security patch for Moto G4 Play (on Android 7.1.1, of course). To those who are still stuck on Marshmallow, I have these things to say:

- y'all might as well just give up any hope for Nougat by now.

- if you want quick updates, stop being cheap and pay full price for an unlocked phone. If people in India (who get paid a pittance compared to people in developed countries) can save up and pay full price for their phones, so can you. I guess it's a cultural thing. This buying stuff with money you don't have mentality is what caused the recession too.

Ummmm... If you followed the thread more closely, you'd know that G4 Plays locked to Verizon received the update, but full price unlocked retail phones have not in the US or UK (probably rest of Europe too). Makes me wonder if Verizon were able to force the issue with Lenovo either contractually and/or financially.

Options

285 Posts

08-15-2017

United States of America

862 Signins

4043 Page Views

• Views: 4043
  • Message 2282 of 2450

2018-04-13, 18:30 PM
He has a G4 Play and tells us not to be so cheap in buying phones. He got his update he should just SHUT UP and quite being a hipocrite
Options

5 Posts

10-07-2017

United States of America

17 Signins

91 Page Views

• Views: 91
  • Message 2283 of 2450

2018-04-13, 19:35 PM

SCSI Port:  I did buy an unlocked G4 Play, and I am still stuck with Marshmallow.  I'm pretty sure Levorola was promising Nougat when I bought the phone.  By far and away, my biggest complaint with the phone is a lack of volume.  If a phone can't do basic phone functions well, what good is it?  Marshmallow is a secondary issue.

I don't consider Motorola phones American any longer.  I should not have bought it when I realized they had been bought out by Lenovo, I have never been happy with any Lenovo products.  I have finally learned my lesson about them.

Options

45 Posts

08-19-2015

United States of America

36 Signins

310 Page Views

• Views: 310
  • Message 2284 of 2450

2018-04-14, 0:05 AM

The Moto G4 Play US Unlocked (XT1607) still hasn't received the Nougat update!

Options

285 Posts

08-15-2017

United States of America

862 Signins

4043 Page Views

• Message 2285 of 2450

2018-04-14, 1:27 AM

I have the same problem as you.  Everyone got the update but only Verizon customers got it in America.  We have been forgotten and I really doubt there will be an update for the USA.

Options

2018-04-14, 1:52 AM

wrote:

wrote:

Got the March 2018 security patch for Moto G4 Play (on Android 7.1.1, of course). To those who are still stuck on Marshmallow, I have these things to say:

- y'all might as well just give up any hope for Nougat by now.

- if you want quick updates, stop being cheap and pay full price for an unlocked phone. If people in India (who get paid a pittance compared to people in developed countries) can save up and pay full price for their phones, so can you. I guess it's a cultural thing. This buying stuff with money you don't have mentality is what caused the recession too.

Ummmm... If you followed the thread more closely, you'd know that G4 Plays locked to Verizon received the update, but full price unlocked retail phones have not in the US or UK (probably rest of Europe too). Makes me wonder if Verizon were able to force the issue with Lenovo either contractually and/or financially.

I have been following the thread, including glossing over RShattler's gazillion comments. The US was a unique case where Verizon delivered the update a bit earlier than Moto (how often does that happen? (so yes, I stand by my statement on buying unlocked phones, which have proven to get updates faster for the last decade). The Nougat update came 3 months ago, and I've receiced 2 security updates since. If you guys who haven't got the Nougat update yet are still hopeful of getting something, I'd say you'll are clutching at straws).

Options

2018-04-14, 1:57 AM

wrote:

SCSI Port:  I did buy an unlocked G4 Play, and I am still stuck with Marshmallow.  I'm pretty sure Levorola was promising Nougat when I bought the phone.  By far and away, my biggest complaint with the phone is a lack of volume.  If a phone can't do basic phone functions well, what good is it?  Marshmallow is a secondary issue.

I don't consider Motorola phones American any longer.  I should not have bought it when I realized they had been bought out by Lenovo, I have never been happy with any Lenovo products.  I have finally learned my lesson about them.

Maybe Marshmallow isn't too bad. The update to Nougat completely has borked my GPS, and turn-by-turn navigation just doesn't work on my phone as the phone can't lock my precise location. If you search this forum, there are several posts about this issue, which probably means it isn't isolated to just my G4 Play. So if turn-by-turn navigation matters to you, and it is working properly now, I'd say might as well stay on Marshmallow.

Options

2018-04-14, 2:01 AM

wrote:
He has a G4 Play and tells us not to be so cheap in buying phones. He got his update he should just SHUT UP and quite being a hipocrite

Well, I actually add something valuable to the conversation. Wish I could say the same about you.

P.S. hipocrite is actually spelt as hypocrite. You're welcome.

Options

45 Posts

08-19-2015

United States of America

36 Signins

310 Page Views

• Views: 310
  • Message 2289 of 2450

2018-04-14, 2:27 AM

wrote:

wrote:

Well, I actually add something valuable to the conversation. Wish I could say the same about you.

P.S. hipocrite is actually spelt as hypocrite. You're welcome.

You may have posted information about an update you received but it was in addition to negative remarks which are not necessary.

Options

285 Posts

08-15-2017

United States of America

862 Signins

4043 Page Views

• Message 2290 of 2450

2018-04-14, 9:10 AM
Thanks for the spelling fix. As far as my gazillion posts - at least I am trying to get some discussion in here.
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms