Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto G PhonesMoto G4 / Moto G4 Plus / Moto G4 Play
All Forum Topics
Options

114 Posts

10-23-2016

Belgium

263 Signins

1307 Page Views

• Views: 1307
  • Message 291 of 2450

Re: Nougat update news for ALL G4

2017-01-23, 20:55 PM
Yes it is soooooooo slooooooooooooooooow or not at all....
Options

87 Posts

10-07-2016

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

213 Signins

872 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 872
  • Message 292 of 2450

2017-01-23, 20:59 PM

wrote:

wrote:
It's Monday it's only a matter of time before the form admins chime in and make excuses.

know what ... before you start dissing the forum admins... 

they are volunteers who do NOT work for Moto or Lenovo

they give their time free of charge trying to assist people, some of whom can't be bothered to do their research, or too rude to appreciate the help they are being offered

if a manufacturer discovers new issues with a software update, would you advise they still send it out to all the rest of the phones, or wait to see if the issues can be resolved? 

NOTE: My very expensive S7 Edge is still on Marshmallow, and Nougat updates, once announced for January, are now indefinitely delayed. My Nexus 6, despite having been part of the beta program for a very long time, still does not have 7.1 or 7.1.1.  I personally don't have any issues with my G4 as it is a cheap phone that has functioned just fine for over 6 months. It doesn't need updating to do what I bought it to do. I did not buy it thinking I was "guaranteed" an update. And if anyone is waiting for 7.1.1 to fix 7.0, I imagine it's a pretty long wait.

Samsung released the final version of 7.1.1 to the entire S7 range last week. 

Assuming you have branded firmware you'll be waiting on the network to release their bloated version. 

Options

28 Posts

01-10-2017

Australia

45 Signins

236 Page Views

• Views: 236
  • Message 293 of 2450

2017-01-23, 21:32 PM

That's the thing I don't get,  my Moto G4 Plus was bought outright,  no contract,  no carrier alignment,  no branding, yet the software support in Australia has been non existant.  I'm not talking about 7.x either,  no big fixes  no security updates for 6.0.1 MM. If Motorola/Lenoco want to be taken seriously then they need to sort themselves out,  it's 2017 now and we have more security concerns than ever,  mobile platforms are a target and the complacency shown is reckless from this vendor 

Options

6 Posts

01-06-2017

31 Signins

178 Page Views

• Views: 178
  • Message 294 of 2450

2017-01-23, 21:34 PM

Too those saying the mods have nothing to do with Motorola and are volunteers I say this: If the mods have no affiliation to Motorola or lenovo then what is the [removed] point of this Motorola forum. If it's nothing to do with Motorola it should be shut down as it's a waste of [removed] time and must be braking copyright laws by using the Moto logo. If it is sanctioned by Motorola and they are choosing not to put any mods on the forum then lenovo are taking the piss and proving themselves to be a shambles of a company. They should be [removed] ashamed. Anybody who buys a Moto g5 at this point [removed]

• Edited for site rule violations - multiple profanities and incivility. Members are advised to follow all rules if you want to participate. - Matt (Forums Manager)
Options

231 Posts

12-18-2014

United States of America

251 Signins

1900 Page Views

• Views: 1900
  • Message 295 of 2450

2017-01-23, 22:29 PM

wrote:

wrote:

I think it's common knowledge by now that Lenovo will probably be the death of one of the most popular and affordable line of phones ever. As someone that has owned one of every Moto G phone made, I've seen the rise and fall of the G and it's pretty sad.  

If anyone would care to spend some time reading a thoroughly researched, fact-based history of Motorola by a very competent journalist in 2014, here it is. And yes, it is long.

http://www.chicagomag.com/Chicago-Magazine/September-2014/What-Happened-to-Motorola/

Motorola's woes have been going on for years. In splitting apart Motorola Mobility and Motorola Solutions, the former was left at the mercy of the consumer market. Google's purchase was primarily to get hold of some 17,000 patents owned by Motorola. It was corporate raiding at its "best" or "worst" depending on how you look at it. What Lenovo got was a stripped down company, already missing thousands from its workforce, including engineers. In reality, Lenovo is one of the top rated producers of electronics in the world. By the way, it was during the 1980s that Motorola's then CEO negotiated with Chinese government officials to bring Motorola MANUFACTURING to CHINA.

At least it's  a humorous post. Motorola had problems but nothing like Lenovo caused with their mismanagement. It started when, according to the Wall Street Journal, Chen Xudong, a long time Lenovo PC executive who had little background in smartphones outside of China, was put in charge of the combined company’s global phone business. It didn't get any better when in November 2016, Mr. Chen was transferred to customer service. 

Options

9 Posts

01-24-2017

2 Signins

56 Page Views

• Views: 56
  • Message 296 of 2450

2017-01-24, 2:10 AM

hello i am the user formally known as jimmyg1234. i was band from the form for my use of profanity. im sorry but if you think that was a severe use of profanity you aint seen *edit* nothing yet.

Edited by Eagle328 for implied profanity. 

Options

9 Posts

01-24-2017

2 Signins

56 Page Views

• Views: 56
  • Message 297 of 2450

2017-01-24, 2:11 AM

motorola and lenovo are all lieing *edit*they take your money and *edit*the customer. and then when you get really *edit* angry and start to show your displeasure by *edit* swearing they go and *edit*ban you, even though the site auto *edit*sensors you. maybe if you had better *edit* customer service, your forum wasn't run by *edit* volunteers and phone wasnt a *edit* buggy piece of *edit* people wouldn't feel the need to *edit*swear on you're *edit* forum. ban me a *edit*gain I can do this all *edit*year *edit*

Edited by Eagle328 for implied profanity and profanity.

Options

37 Posts

08-30-2016

Romania

114 Signins

630 Page Views

• Views: 630
  • Message 298 of 2450

2017-01-24, 3:50 AM

Being extremely disappointed with my Moto G4 I already started using another phone as my primary driver. I am keeping the G4 for two reasons: first - I want to see how much quantum physics is necessary for the Nougat update, seeing the fact that they need over 6 months to upgrade it and second - I don't have the heart to sell this to someone else, it will be like slowly sucking the life out from that person.
P.S. Why did you ban the man from the forums – he already said that his swearing was caused by the ghost touch, so it’s not his fault :)   

Options

21 Posts

09-06-2016

82 Signins

325 Page Views

• Views: 325
  • Message 299 of 2450

2017-01-24, 11:31 AM

I agree with this. There isn't anything much I want from the Android N than what I am using it currently for. So I can wait I am a light user I admit. But I really want the security updates. Can Lenovo guarantee that their phones are not vulnerable ? I have a MOTO X which is on October security release and my phone the G4 on July 2016. Is there way to download these security updates without having to get Nougat ? Both the above phones are on 6.0.1, so I am guessing there is. But not sure how.

Options

21 Posts

09-06-2016

82 Signins

325 Page Views

• Views: 325
  • Message 300 of 2450

2017-01-24, 11:32 AM
Technical issue I guess, I am not agreeing with the profanity, but updates only.
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms