Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto G PhonesMoto G4 / Moto G4 Plus / Moto G4 Play
All Forum Topics
Options

5 Posts

02-02-2014

United States of America

9 Signins

105 Page Views

• Views: 105
  • Message 921 of 2450

Betreff: Nougat update news for ALL G4

2017-03-18, 11:06 AM

Why do most of you have the July security update on your G4 and I still have the May update? My phone says my software is up to date. Do I need to do somehting different?

I agree with those who say that security updates are the greatest priority, more so than Nougat. Of course, having been promised Nougat when I purchased the phone, I expect to get that as well.

Options

58 Posts

01-07-2017

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

292 Signins

952 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 952
  • Message 922 of 2450

Betreff: Nougat update news for ALL G4

2017-03-18, 11:50 AM

I have Nougat.:smileyhappy:

So does that include the latest security updates as well?

Options

39 Posts

02-08-2017

United States of America

92 Signins

603 Page Views

• Views: 603
  • Message 923 of 2450

Re: Nougat update news for ALL G4

2017-03-18, 12:29 PM

Why does Motorola hate America?

The G5 will be out in the US before an update to the G4. Do you find this acceptable? Do you really expect us to just buy a new phone to get the update you're withholding from US customers? An update that has been completed for months in other regions?

Motorola really knows how to lose customers. I suggest you learn how to make them happy and keep them. BTW the G4 is buggy and you never gave a **bleep** to fix it either. Ghost touch issues everywhere on the device. You JUST DONT CARE ABOUT YOUR CUSTOMERS OR YOUR PRODUCTS QUALITY.

MOTOROLA DOES NOT SUPPORT THEIR HARDWARE AND IT RELEASES BUGGY HARDWARE.

What do you have to say for yourself? Nothing right? Because thats the level of support you get when you buy a Motorola product. Thats the experience. No support, no help, no concern, no care. Just a bad buggy phone without any care at all from the company that sold it to you.

Motorola sucks. 

I'll share a little story with you. I was driving to a location and needed to use Google Maps for navigation so before i left my house I set my destination in Google Maps on my Motorola G4 Plus. While I was driving the phone had a ghost touch freak out. It started inputting random stuff, trying to call random people, trying to delete random contacts and IM DRIVING MY CAR, trying to stop it. Do you know how dangerous this is? Do you know the liability your company is risking by having this kind of issue? What if I got in an accident? 

I'm done with this company. This is my FIRST motorola Android phone, and my LAST motorola phone. The experience has been so disapointing.

Options

58 Posts

01-07-2017

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

292 Signins

952 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 952
  • Message 924 of 2450

2017-03-18, 12:40 PM

wrote:

Why does Motorola hate America?

The G5 will be out in the US before an update to the G4. Do you find this acceptable? Do you really expect us to just buy a new phone to get the update you're withholding from US customers? An update that has been completed for months in other regions?

Motorola really knows how to lose customers. I suggest you learn how to make them happy and keep them. BTW the G4 is buggy and you never gave a **bleep** to fix it either. Ghost touch issues everywhere on the device. You JUST DONT CARE ABOUT YOUR CUSTOMERS OR YOUR PRODUCTS QUALITY.

MOTOROLA DOES NOT SUPPORT THEIR HARDWARE AND IT RELEASES BUGGY HARDWARE.

What do you have to say for yourself? Nothing right? Because thats the level of support you get when you buy a Motorola product. Thats the experience. No support, no help, no concern, no care. Just a bad buggy phone without any care at all from the company that sold it to you.

Motorola sucks. 

Don't you mean Lenovo ;)

Options

39 Posts

02-08-2017

United States of America

92 Signins

603 Page Views

• Views: 603
  • Message 925 of 2450

2017-03-18, 12:45 PM

Yes I mean Lenovo... but the phones say motorola, so lets make sure consumers know they're buying unsupported, buggy phones when it says motorola on it. As for Lenovo products in general, they're just as bad.

Options

93 Posts

10-19-2016

United States of America

134 Signins

1282 Page Views

• Views: 1282
  • Message 926 of 2450

2017-03-18, 13:00 PM

This is not my first Moto phone (owned a Moto DEFY XT (557D), MotoX (1st gen), Moto G (3rd gen), Moto E (2015) and now in use we have a Moto G4 Plus and a Moto X Pure) but definitelly will be the last.

Lenovo seems to neglect US market and favor "emergent markets" like India and Brazil. Even EU gets more attention. Fine, I can always vote with my wallet.

Options

4 Posts

03-15-2017

United States of America

34 Signins

135 Page Views

• Views: 135
  • Message 927 of 2450

2017-03-18, 15:03 PM
My wife and I have been great customers of Motorola: Defy XT, Moto X gen1, moto G gen 1(granddaughters), Moto E gen1, Moto X PE, and a Moto G4 (that had to be replaced for Ghost touch at 3 weeks old.) Seems the US have been treated poorly since Lenova took over. Next phone will be after much research. NOT Lenovarolla.
Options

35 Posts

01-17-2017

United States of America

50 Signins

292 Page Views

• Views: 292
  • Message 928 of 2450

2017-03-18, 15:18 PM

My G4 Plus is about 6 months old.  It has been a fairly reiable phone, though recently it has been having difficulties connecting via bluetooth to my car's bluetooth system.  This is my second Moto phone.  The first was an X Pure.  The X Pure never had any problems with bluetooth.

Beyond the bluetooth issue I am wondering if I may not also be having rare but occasional "ghost touch" issues.  Once or twice a week, the phone will be asleep and I will pick it up, sometimes not unlocking it with my finger, but it will nonetheless launch an application like Netflix, Amazon Music, etc., unbidden.

The only other issue is that the automatic screen dimming/brightening is very slow/sluggish.

On the plus side, it was relatively cheap, has big storage capacity with an add-in 128GB SD card, charges qucikly, is carrier agnostic, works in every country I've taken it too and works flawlessly with Andorid Auto.

The ridiculously slow roll-out of security updates and OS versions is irritating, and will cost Lenovo big in customer loyalty, but as cheap phones go the G4s are pretty competitive with other similarly cheap phones; they all have plusses and minuses.  Picking the right cheap phone has more to do with figuring out what each does poorly and well and matching that matrix up to your own personal prioritized phone feature wishlist. 

Options

35 Posts

01-17-2017

United States of America

50 Signins

292 Page Views

• Views: 292
  • Message 929 of 2450

2017-03-18, 15:20 PM

At present, there are many reasons to hate America.  Our NATO allies hate us.  Our geo-political adversaries hate us with renewed passion.  In fact, the slight majority of our electroate now hate us too.  I really can't single out and blame Lenovo. 

Options

44 Posts

03-16-2017

Germany

77 Signins

835 Page Views

• Views: 835
  • Message 930 of 2450

2017-03-18, 15:32 PM

astrotraveler schrieb:

At present, there are many reasons to hate America.  Our NATO allies hate us.  Our geo-political adversaries hate us with renewed passion.  In fact, the slight majority of our electroate now hate us too.  I really can't single out and blame Lenovo. 

No, we aren't hating you U.S. Americans! We are just a "tiny" little bit concerned about your goverment since you elected this strange guy.

Edit: To stay on topic (well, close at least)... I'm using the normal G4, not the Plus version for some months now and never had any Ghost Touch related problems, could it be the fast charger which comes with the plus?

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms