Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto G PhonesMoto G4 / Moto G4 Plus / Moto G4 Play
All Forum Topics
Options

51 Posts

10-01-2014

South Africa

57 Signins

460 Page Views

• Views: 460
  • Message 941 of 2450

Re: Nougat update news for ALL G4

2017-03-20, 16:51 PM
Wow, are you always this complimentary?
Options

35 Posts

01-17-2017

United States of America

50 Signins

292 Page Views

• Views: 292
  • Message 942 of 2450

2017-03-20, 22:09 PM

No.  Generally only after being called an "idiot" by a blathering idiot.  But thanks for being officious and asking! 

Options

61 Posts

03-07-2017

United States of America

116 Signins

1099 Page Views

• Views: 1099
  • Message 943 of 2450

2017-03-20, 22:16 PM

wrote:

Why does Motorola hate America?

The G5 will be out in the US before an update to the G4. Do you find this acceptable? Do you really expect us to just buy a new phone to get the update you're withholding from US customers? An update that has been completed for months in other regions?

Motorola really knows how to lose customers. I suggest you learn how to make them happy and keep them. BTW the G4 is buggy and you never gave a **bleep** to fix it either. Ghost touch issues everywhere on the device. You JUST DONT CARE ABOUT YOUR CUSTOMERS OR YOUR PRODUCTS QUALITY.

MOTOROLA DOES NOT SUPPORT THEIR HARDWARE AND IT RELEASES BUGGY HARDWARE.

What do you have to say for yourself? Nothing right? Because thats the level of support you get when you buy a Motorola product. Thats the experience. No support, no help, no concern, no care. Just a bad buggy phone without any care at all from the company that sold it to you.

Motorola sucks. 

I'll share a little story with you. I was driving to a location and needed to use Google Maps for navigation so before i left my house I set my destination in Google Maps on my Motorola G4 Plus. While I was driving the phone had a ghost touch freak out. It started inputting random stuff, trying to call random people, trying to delete random contacts and IM DRIVING MY CAR, trying to stop it. Do you know how dangerous this is? Do you know the liability your company is risking by having this kind of issue? What if I got in an accident? 

I'm done with this company. This is my FIRST motorola Android phone, and my LAST motorola phone. The experience has been so disapointing.

I am just as disappointed with Motorola as the next guy, but if you had gotten into an accident because you were trying to fix your phone the blame would have been on you. It's just common sense to pull you vehicle over before touching your phone, not only does it put you in danger but the lack there of puts other people in danger as well and honestly I have no respect for people that talk, text or "fix" anything while driving. 

Options

39 Posts

02-08-2017

United States of America

92 Signins

603 Page Views

• Views: 603
  • Message 944 of 2450

2017-03-21, 5:24 AM

"I am just as disappointed with Motorola as the next guy, but if you had gotten into an accident because you were trying to fix your phone the blame would have been on you. It's just common sense to pull you vehicle over before touching your phone, not only does it put you in danger but the lack there of puts other people in danger as well and honestly I have no respect for people that talk, text or "fix" anything while driving."

Everything you said I agree with, however I NEVER USE MY CELL PHONE while driving. Notice I said i set the GPS before driving. The only reason I touched my phone while driving is because I looked down to see the next turn on google maps and noticed the phone was freaking out due to the ghost touch bug... so I picked it up and held the power down until I could get the **bleep** thing to turn off, which took some time because the bug makes it difficult to control the phone. You're right its dangerous to use your cell phone while driving and I hate when people do it. However I'm not that guy. The only reason I touched my phone was due to Motorola's bug causing a situation.

Options

92 Posts

12-08-2016

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

231 Signins

1851 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 1851
  • Message 945 of 2450

2017-03-21, 9:38 AM

Been using nougat for a few weeks now on my G4 and I can say I've found no bugs at all. Lagged a bit at first, done a full reset and after a week it was all back to normal functioning, with a few extra handy little features, so IMO unless there are any further useful features provided with 7.1 update, there is no rush for the further update on my account, just maybe a further up to date security patch would be nice. However, still in 3 months time when my upgrade is due, it will be bye bye moto!

Anyway hope everyone else has the update soon, the US not having it as yet I just find ridiculous.

Options

58 Posts

08-30-2016

149 Signins

931 Page Views

• Views: 931
  • Message 946 of 2450

2017-03-21, 19:30 PM

The update has been good for me as well.

That said, I struggle to spot what all the fuss was about.

This is a budget phone - with clean, almost pure android.        If it breaks tomorrow then I have lost less than the depreciation of a "flagship" over the 6 months I have owned it.

Some perspective is called for.

Options

1 Posts

03-22-2017

United States of America

5 Signins

49 Page Views

• Views: 49
  • Message 947 of 2450

2017-03-22, 4:27 AM

I'm still waiting for my USA unlocked Moto G4 Plus to be updated to Nougat. When is this happening? Seems the rest of the world has it already.

Also, I want to complain that Lenovo's updates are not regular enough. My phone is on a security patch level from 1 July 2016. That's kind of scary.

I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER LENOVO PHONE AGAIN. I WILL BUY FROM A MANUFACTURER THAT UPDATES ITS PHONES REGULARLY.

Options

41 Posts

11-11-2016

54 Signins

621 Page Views

• Views: 621
  • Message 948 of 2450

2017-03-22, 10:15 AM

Has anybody with the Moto G4 Play XT1604 running retgb received the Nougat update at all?

Options

28 Posts

01-19-2017

India

132 Signins

1116 Page Views

• Views: 1116
  • Message 949 of 2450

2017-03-22, 12:24 PM

the update  of moto g4 playis currently being tested and would be avilable atmost till the end of april end week or may first week in india. it would be the latest number

Options

4 Posts

02-16-2017

United States of America

5 Signins

29 Page Views

• Views: 29
  • Message 950 of 2450

2017-03-22, 12:43 PM

I just can't believe the absolutely horrendous treatment of the US market. No matter what, we are paying customers who all want to know when we will get an update promised to us half a year ago.

It seems we are being punished for buying unlocked and not buying the new g5.

Bad form Lenovo.

Also, their customer "service" is just an AI that doesn't pass for human. I have never been given a real human to speak to any time I have inquired about the update. I only get the AI that tells me "pending partner support" just like the website.

First Moto phone: LAST Moto phone.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms