Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto G PhonesMoto G4 / Moto G4 Plus / Moto G4 Play
All Forum Topics
Options

36 Posts

03-22-2017

Italy

99 Signins

445 Page Views

• Views: 445
  • Message 951 of 2450

Re: Nougat update news for ALL G4

2017-03-22, 18:31 PM

wrote:

the update  of moto g4 playis currently being tested and would be avilable atmost till the end of april end week or may first week in india. it would be the latest number

How do you know that?

I've heard Moto G Play is not compatible with NOUGAT APIs because of its GPU, Adreno 306. Is that true? Thanks

Options

1485 Posts

08-11-2013

United States of America

694 Signins

8363 Page Views

• Views: 8363
  • Message 952 of 2450

2017-03-23, 2:02 AM
wrote:

At present, there are many reasons to hate America.  Our NATO allies hate us.  Our geo-political adversaries hate us with renewed passion.  In fact, the slight majority of our electroate now hate us too.  I really can't single out and blame Lenovo. 

I believe that hate is a pointless and destructive reaction for anything and doing so creates adversaries. There is no reason to hate, yet we all manage to do so, in one way or another. Attempting to cast a technical/corporate issue as a political one seems, to me, equally pointless. Yes, I, too, have grave concerns about the direction the U.S. has taken since the recent election, and how the person who occupies the oval office got there defies explanation. I spent two weeks in France trying to explain the choice to a number of people who asked WHY my countrymen would elect someone who appears to hate so many different groups and cultures, and makes it acceptable for others to follow that example? I couldn't think of much in the way of answers. Whatever they are, do they have anything to do with the issues with which this forum is concerned? Not directly, no.

That being said, we are part of a global economic community, and while the U.S. excels in the manufacture of certain products, the majority of our digital devices, automobiles, and other  products are made (and made very well--Sony, Onkyo, Toshiba, Vizio, Canon, Panasonic, Toyota, Nintendo, Honda, Yamaha, Epson...the list is long indeed) in other countries. When these devices fail to meet our expectations, I do not feel it is reasonable to condemn entire nations for the failures of a particular company.

For those who care to study the history of Motorola, they will find that late updates, poor marketing decisions, and directionless strategies have been evident for decades--they've had some major successes and some equally major failures. Blaming Lenovo for the buggy G4 series seems, to ME, an assertion that is more of a kneejerk reaction than a logical assumption. Motorola has suffered by being split up, sold in parts, resold, and reorganizied repeatedly. Lenovo acquired Motorola Mobility to upgrade its own cell phone division. So far, the results are varied. The newer X phones, and the Moto Z have been pretty successful. Not so much the G4, though my own has had none of the problems noted by others. Thus, why blame an entire company? Could it be the team tasked with designing a specific device? The manufacturing process? The QC team? Let's keep in mind that the same company that produced the iconic Mustang also produced the **bleep**. 

Interestingly, phones from other makers have also been subject to flaws that and most of those phones are considerably more expensive.  So perhaps it isn't really a matter of cost. Even cheap phones like the G4 should perform to a reasonable level of expectation. (I'm not talking about features, since those who buy a product and then grouse about missing features have nothing but a lack of their own due diligence to blame.) But yes, it should reliably do what it is advertised to do. If not, warranties are the answer, and ought to be fully and swiftly honored.

Options

61 Posts

03-07-2017

United States of America

116 Signins

1099 Page Views

• Views: 1099
  • Message 953 of 2450

2017-03-23, 13:19 PM

The​ situation is in fact that the American people's vote does not make a **bleep** bit of difference, that's why Trump was elected. Don't get me wrong, I think he will do some good for our country, but that doesn't mean anything if everyone knows he was elected just because that's what the government wanted. If it were up to the people, it would have been a person that would have potentially destroyed America. But that is not what this forum is about. Let's not bloat it with politics. No one cares about who would do better in office, and how many people hate one or the other. It is what it is and life goes on. Let's keep the focus on the Android update...

Options

1 Posts

03-23-2017

United States of America

3 Signins

33 Page Views

• Views: 33
  • Message 954 of 2450

Moto g4 Plus Not Getting nougat update

2017-03-23, 23:28 PM

Hello, I live in the United States and I have the Moto G4 Plus with 64 gb. My friend has the same phone as me and has received the nougat update and I still have not. I was hoping to know if there are any reasons why I haven't or how I can fix it.

Options

28352 Posts

02-02-2016

United States of America

5842 Signins

132780 Page Views

• Views: 132780
  • Message 955 of 2450

Re: Moto g4 Plus Not Getting nougat update

2017-03-24, 1:05 AM

wrote:

Hello, I live in the United States and I have the Moto G4 Plus with 64 gb. My friend has the same phone as me and has received the nougat update and I still have not. I was hoping to know if there are any reasons why I haven't or how I can fix it.

Moved your post to existing thread - please search and use existing threads instead of starting new ones.

I had not heard of N rolling out in the USA yet. If it has started, then your phone will get it when it is pushed to your phone. There is nothing you can do. Often updates are pushed in phases and checking for an update will not change the order in which it is received. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Options

36 Posts

03-22-2017

Italy

99 Signins

445 Page Views

• Message 956 of 2450

2017-03-25, 22:25 PM

So still no news about Nougat hitting Moto G4 Play devices? Many people think it will never get Android 7.

Options

61 Posts

03-07-2017

United States of America

116 Signins

1099 Page Views

• Views: 1099
  • Message 957 of 2450

2017-03-25, 22:38 PM

I would recommend calling Motorola or Lenovo to get more info on the update. The Moto g4 play is getting the update it just has not been pushed in the USA yet. I spoke with Motorola a couple weeks ago and they said they haven't received the update schedule.

wrote:

So still no news about Nougat hitting Moto G4 Play devices? Many people think it will never get Android 7.

Options

36 Posts

03-22-2017

Italy

99 Signins

445 Page Views

• Message 958 of 2450

2017-03-25, 22:57 PM

wrote:

I would recommend calling Motorola or Lenovo to get more info on the update. The Moto g4 play is getting the update it just has not been pushed in the USA yet. I spoke with Motorola a couple weeks ago and they said they haven't received the update schedule.

wrote:

Great! So are the rumors about the incompatibility between Adreno 306 and Nougat APIs refuted? Thank you so much!

Options

35 Posts

01-17-2017

United States of America

50 Signins

292 Page Views

• Views: 292
  • Message 959 of 2450

2017-03-25, 23:39 PM

He may have a carrier-offered model and yours may be unlocked (like mine).  No love for unlocked here yet.  But I keep hoping.

Options

36 Posts

03-22-2017

Italy

99 Signins

445 Page Views

• Message 960 of 2450

2017-03-25, 23:49 PM

wrote:

He may have a carrier-offered model and yours may be unlocked (like mine).  No love for unlocked here yet.  But I keep hoping.

Yes, my phone is unlocked. Why "no love for unlocked yet"?

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms