09-22-2016

US

8 Signins

78 Page Views

• Views: 78
  • Message 1 of 3

Separate volume control for notify and ringtone

2016-11-22, 22:05 PM

When is Motorola going to address this issue. Every other android phone I have owned has separate volume control options for notifications and phone calls. The Moto G4+ has them combined. Like many people I want phone calls louder than texts and other notifications. I also want to be able to turn down or off the volume at night for notifications but allow the phone to ring for phone calls.

Options

28352 Posts

02-02-2016

US

5841 Signins

132765 Page Views

• Views: 132765
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: Separate volume control for notify and ringtone

2016-11-22, 22:07 PM

wrote:

When is Motorola going to address this issue. Every other android phone I have owned has separate volume control options for notifications and phone calls. The Moto G4+ has them combined. Like many people I want phone calls louder than texts and other notifications. I also want to be able to turn down or off the volume at night for notifications but allow the phone to ring for phone calls.

This has been asked and answered many times before. it is not part of stock android. Other manufacturers are adding it. If and when Google adds it, the Nexus, Pixel and Moto phones will benefit. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Options

28 Posts

01-17-2017

NZ

35 Signins

758 Page Views

• Views: 758
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: Separate volume control for notify and ringtone

2017-08-02, 10:22 AM

it is not part of stock android. Other manufacturers are adding it.

This does not make much sense.  It's a major flaw in the configuration, and if other manufacturers are able to correct it, why not do the same?

This is a seriously annoying aspect of owning a moto.

Why has it not been addressed yet?

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete