Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto G PhonesMoto G4 / Moto G4 Plus / Moto G4 Play
All Forum Topics
Options

3 Posts

08-20-2016

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

8 Signins

121 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 121
  • Message 1 of 4

Sim problems

2016-08-21, 13:20 PM

Long story, bear with me. Bought a new Moto g4 to replace my old Moto which I was giving to my son. Was going to go payg until Tesco mobile (my original network) gave me a good deal on both phones. They sent me 2 new sim cards, one for me, one for my son. We both wanted to keep our original numbers, mine was straight swap as I was already with Tesco. My number exchange was processed overnight, my son's due on Tuesday as we had to get pac code. Ok, so far, so good.  I put new sim card in port 1 on my new phone. On screen it says no sim, but when selected it shows Tesco sim in port 1, port 2 empty. So now I have no service on either phone. Ring Tesco, and turns out I'd put wrong sim card in ( the one for my son, instead of mine). Ok, I put the other sim card in and it's showing no sim on screen or when selected. Faulty sim card, we think? To check, put sim in my old phone and it works, correctly with my original numbers as requested. Now, put same sim back in my new phone and still shows no sim. Grrrr, try port 1 and 2 with no change. Put the other sim back in ( which we have discovered is my son's) and it shows no sim on screen but when clicked on, says it's there.  Basically, my new phone will not show my active sim, but shows the one that won't be activated until Tuesday. Neither Sims show up from the pull down menu, only when the "no sim" icon is selected it shows the non activated sim only. Sorry so long and confusing, I'm rubbish at this phone stuff :(

Options

2137 Posts

07-20-2012

United Kingdom

67 Signins

600 Page Views

• Views: 600
  • Message 2 of 4

Re: Sim problems

2016-08-23, 18:38 PM

Hey,

sorry for the late answer. That sounds weird. Have you tried a third SIM card just for the sake of it, best one that's working for a while now?

If you have and the phone is still showing the same behaviour, I would want to factory reset the phone as I am out of ideas just now. But I will speak to the technicians to see if there is anything else they can advise there. 

Let me know if the third SIM works or not. 

Cheers,

Nicole

Options

3 Posts

08-20-2016

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

8 Signins

121 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 121
  • Message 3 of 4

2016-08-23, 18:54 PM

Hey, thanks for the reply. Problem sorted now, my network took longer than expected to change over, even though they assured me it had!! Can I ask if there should have been ear phones with my phone and charging cable? Bought direct from Motorola. Many thanks :)

Options

2137 Posts

07-20-2012

United Kingdom

67 Signins

600 Page Views

• Views: 600
  • Message 4 of 4

2016-09-01, 16:26 PM

Hey, 

Great to hear that it's sorted and apologies, I thought I responded but I must have forgotten to hit send.

Earphones are not included, but you should have received a 2 piece charger (charging cable and charging unit).

Cheers,

Nicole

EDIT for spelling

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms