Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto G PhonesMoto G4 / Moto G4 Plus / Moto G4 Play
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

09-22-2018

United States of America

2 Signins

41 Page Views

• Views: 41
  • Message 1 of 2

Solved: How to temporarily quiet/silence an incoming call

2018-09-22, 3:50 AM

I looked for a fix for an issue on my Moto G4 play for a long time  I think it's endemic for all Motorola phones as far as I can tell.

I am often in places where I don't want my ringtone or text message sound to continue blaring (without answering/ending call/text). I can't just turn it on vibrate because I can't hear or feel it on vibrate & silent wouldn't alert me to calls/texts at all.

So I found out how to cut the sounds short. I downloaded an app called E-robot by Tamás Barta & used the following "Command" (like writing a little program). I hope it helps others who want to quiet their phone's ringer for just a short time. 

Events

_______

1) Screen turned off

Add "Condition" containing the AND "Operator", ls ringer mode "Expression", & "When" Normal

Actions

_______

1) Change ringer tone to "Parameter" Vibrate

Add Condition of NOT ls ringer mode When Silent

2) Block of Actions

a) Wait: 10000 milliseconds, while no expression, max checks 1, wakelock no

b) Change ringer mode to Normal

Add condition of NOT ls ringer mode When Silent

Summary of what the program does:

Event 1: when the screen is turned off & the ringer isn't on silent or vibrate

Action 1: then, the ringer is first changed to vibrate (with a specific redundancy to not turn a silent ringer to normal)

Action 2: a) stays on vibrate for 10 seconds, b) then, the ringer is changed back to Normal (with a specific redundancy to not turn a silent ringer to normal)

I just maniacally press my power button over and over until the phone shuts up, not drawing unwanted attention to me because of fully played sounds.

Answer
Options

5418 Posts

07-12-2014

United States of America

925 Signins

79600 Page Views

• Views: 79600

Re: Solved: How to temporarily quiet/silence an incoming call

2018-09-25, 17:15 PM

Thank you for sharing this. Our phones are designed to play the ringtone continuously once a call comes in until you answer or end it. This is working as designed unless you put the phone on vibrate or silent. It's a good thing that you found a solution that works for you. That's a beauty of Android. You are able to tailor-fit your phone to your needs using the multitude of apps available from the Play Store. I hope this helps other members of the community who wants to experience the same.

Regards,
JM
Motorola Support

**Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Replies(1)
Answer
Options

5418 Posts

07-12-2014

United States of America

925 Signins

79600 Page Views

• Views: 79600
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Solved: How to temporarily quiet/silence an incoming call

2018-09-25, 17:15 PM

Thank you for sharing this. Our phones are designed to play the ringtone continuously once a call comes in until you answer or end it. This is working as designed unless you put the phone on vibrate or silent. It's a good thing that you found a solution that works for you. That's a beauty of Android. You are able to tailor-fit your phone to your needs using the multitude of apps available from the Play Store. I hope this helps other members of the community who wants to experience the same.

Regards,
JM
Motorola Support

**Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms