Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto G PhonesMoto G4 / Moto G4 Plus / Moto G4 Play
All Forum Topics
Options

28352 Posts

02-02-2016

United States of America

5842 Signins

132780 Page Views

• Views: 132780
  • Message 31 of 36

Re: There's no fast charging on Moto G4?

2017-01-25, 13:56 PM

wrote:

Thanks for the reply!

Unfortunately, I am out of shipping zone of amazon. I need to check local retainers in my country.

I have got Asus Zenpower powerbank which has 2.4 output, as well as LG charger with 1.5 output. Both should be ok then?

I was cruious too see how turbo charging works. I'll keep searching for a suitable charger.

Thanks for the help.

Turbocharging on the Moto phones with MicroUSB is Qualcomm Quick Charge - visit the Qualcomm page for more, but the voltage varies as does the amps... the phone and charger talk to each other. 

Your Powerbank should be fine and both outputs will work - the 1.5 may be faster then the 2.4 if the 2.4 port is variable and more geared towards apple. It may do less Amps with non-Apple devices.  But either should be fine. 

The USB-C Moto TurboChargers (Moto Z) do not use Qualcomm Quickcharge, so don't buy one of those if you find one. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Options

1 Posts

03-07-2017

India

1 Signins

4 Page Views

• Views: 4
  • Message 32 of 36

2017-03-07, 5:56 AM

Dear Sir, my new moto g4 plus charges very slow. It takes 6 hours to get fully charged. Do I need to switch off my moto g4 plus and then connect to charger, for turbo charging?

Options

1 Posts

03-10-2017

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

1 Signins

9 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 9
  • Message 33 of 36

2017-03-10, 19:07 PM

I have just bought a g4 , the charging is very slow, I'd say Motorola deliberately made the charging slow , obviously , to flog a "turbo" charger. 

Fraud basically , the amount of current to charge a phone is almost zero, I got a charger with the phone , and it's poor .

Like Apple conning customers into buying chargers (a bit of wire and transformer , what £5- £6 worth ) you pay £60 for Apple junk , a bit of wire , with chips in it to stop you buying , honest products. 

So it is with Motorola , £130 phone , ? The difference between a  turbo charger plug/bit of wire and a unturbo charger , is the slow charger is deliberately made slow to extort more money . 

This kind of scam , really annoys me, like a fool I bought Motorola because , apple , besides being not very good , scam like Motorola too.

Turbo boost? I use an electric lawn mower of same plug as phone , now tell me ? Does a lawn mower use more or less current than a phone ? Yes more , considerably more

Why don't I need to buy a "turbo"plug for lawn mower ? Lawn mowers aren't a scam 

Options

1 Posts

07-26-2017

United States of America

3 Signins

18 Page Views

• Views: 18
  • Message 34 of 36

2017-07-26, 17:10 PM

My moto g4 used to have Turbo Charging, then something happened.  I don't know what.  Now the same charger(s) are now a SLOW chargers for some reason. Is there a setting in my options I need to select or unselect?  This just came on recently, no more Turbo Charging. 

Options

28352 Posts

02-02-2016

United States of America

5842 Signins

132780 Page Views

• Views: 132780
  • Message 35 of 36

2017-07-27, 12:11 PM

wrote:

My moto g4 used to have Turbo Charging, then something happened.  I don't know what.  Now the same charger(s) are now a SLOW chargers for some reason. Is there a setting in my options I need to select or unselect?  This just came on recently, no more Turbo Charging. 

There is no setting to change. Try the standard troubleshooting options if you are sure the charger is working properly:

Here are some great troubleshooting videos that cover safe mode, cache clear, and factory reset. Try these suggestions and let us know

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Motorola-Owner-s-Blog/The-DIY-Movement-why-not-for-your-phone/ba-p/3375991

If you did a factory data reset and tested BEFORE installing or restoring ANY apps, and problem persists, then service/repair/replace is next step.

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Options

5 Posts

11-03-2017

India

33 Signins

211 Page Views

• Views: 211
  • Message 36 of 36

Re: Battery Calibration problem on Moto G 4 plus.

2019-02-25, 11:07 AM

Sir
I was moto fan but now moto trying to rid coustmers
Anyway as u mentioned
I tried this process but nothing changed
I have some questions
First of all moto say native video is not supported in stock android but in marshmallow i was able to do native video call in moto g4plus
So pls explain
Next after nought update battery draining so fast
3 gb ram in phone but most games lag why?
No fix available many time we call online help but they say only one thing clear cache blah blah blah
Why moto is ignoring users
It was my last phone
Next time i go to mi or other because phone there is no great thing no battery power no smooth os no face id
No future bug fixes
Pls reply
Thanks

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms