Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto G PhonesMoto G4 / Moto G4 Plus / Moto G4 Play
All Forum Topics
Options

23 Posts

02-10-2017

United States of America

28 Signins

305 Page Views

• Views: 305
  • Message 271 of 284

Re: Verizon tells me they DO NOT recognize Moto G4

2017-08-08, 19:55 PM

So, what's the latest?

Options

3 Posts

12-04-2013

raleigh,nc usa

9 Signins

90 Page Views

• Views: 90
  • Message 272 of 284

2017-08-23, 21:00 PM

I have been using my Moto G4 Plus on Verizon very happily since Dec 2016. In July we went to Canada. My plan with Verizon is supposed to work there but I was charged for international roaming. After many calls, the charges were removed, but Verizon said that because the G4 is an unlocked phone they cannot support travel pass for it. 

I pointed out to them that Motorola shows this as fully supported by Verizon. 

I'm not sure what this means for future travel. 

Also, I'm interested in buying the G5 for my husband but won't if there are restrictions like this.

I'd appreciate any suggestions.

Options

6 Posts

04-22-2017

United States of America

28 Signins

422 Page Views

• Views: 422
  • Message 273 of 284

2017-08-25, 1:48 AM

I suggest you check the MOTO Forum for the G5---there is a very big issue with G5 working on the Verizon Network. The issue has been going since the G5 came out in April 2017.  Thought you might like to know.

Options

5 Posts

10-28-2017

United States of America

13 Signins

261 Page Views

• Views: 261
  • Message 274 of 284

2017-11-02, 8:57 AM

Someone controls the database that is allowed or not allowed on the network, you have to use that avenue, they are theives and they don't like competition. They basically won't do anything for you unless you force them with legal but the forum manager knows how to get the imei into verzons db.

I had the same problem, bought an off subsidy phone and all the cdma databases with the major carrier say the phone can't be activated and isn't supported but if you slip in a sim from the mvno it works on the network they state that it isn't compatible with.

Some real work that.

There is also a guy on ebay that will add you imei to the list for like $80 or probably more, so I kind of see this as a scam issue, its a legal scam basically.

They won't put your imei number into their database unless you pay them but motorola advertised it as being compatible and usable on the other networks so that is really their fight with the wireless companies.

Probably like one guy that manages the database and hes sitting large forcing everyone to go through him.

That sounds like the real issue.

Options

3 Posts

01-14-2017

United States of America

9 Signins

66 Page Views

• Views: 66
  • Message 275 of 284

2017-11-02, 9:10 AM

Well, getting my G4 activated on Verizon ended up being very simple. I updated Android from marshmallow to nougat and everything worked. I never did get it to work on marshmallow but whatever. I gave the phone to a buddy of mine who needed one. He's been using it on Verizon for the past few months. Visual voicemail doesn't work on it (and never will) but it's been rock solid for him.

Options

5 Posts

10-28-2017

United States of America

13 Signins

261 Page Views

• Message 276 of 284

2017-11-02, 23:56 PM

This is basically what I get when I enter the meid on sprint or verizon, the call support only repeats the message verbatim and tells me that they can not explain why it does not work or why it can't be activated.

"Can't be activated" is the clue here. Its on a list of some kind an their own dirty internal politics prevent them from explaining how you can figure out what that list is or who controls it.

It is a really dirty system.

How exactly is an update going to fix that? lol

Options

3 Posts

01-14-2017

United States of America

9 Signins

66 Page Views

• Views: 66
  • Message 277 of 284

2017-11-03, 3:51 AM

Yeah, I don't really know why your g4 can't be activated. I never used the tool to check whether mine could be activated or not. 

Much like you, I got a lot of runaround when I first tried to use the phone and Verizon wasn't able to tell me much either. Hope you get it working!

Options

10 Posts

07-22-2016

United States of America

13 Signins

112 Page Views

• Views: 112
  • Message 278 of 284

2017-11-04, 5:53 AM

Had the same problem when I bought the Nexus 6 non-verizon one. Emailed the FCC explaining their crap, within two weeks, got email from Verizon and both the FCC, and my phone was able to be activated. They try this crap all the time. FCC needs to crack down even more. 

Options

5 Posts

10-28-2017

United States of America

13 Signins

261 Page Views

• Message 279 of 284

2017-11-04, 10:22 AM

what was the email?

And what did you have to say to get them to move on it?

Options

10 Posts

07-22-2016

United States of America

13 Signins

112 Page Views

• Views: 112
  • Message 280 of 284

2017-11-05, 5:37 AM

I don't remember what I said since it was over 2 years ago and for some reason, can't find the Sent email, but it was based on this article: https://www.reddit.com/r/nexus6/comments/34gglr/filed_my_fcc_complaint_against_verizon/

Here is the response I got from the FCC: 

FCC consumercomplaints@fcc.gov via zendesk.com 
3/30/15

to me

##- Please type your reply above this line -##

Hi Ricky,

Thank you for your submission. Your request has been received and assigned Ticket No. 208955. Throughout the complaint process, you will receive periodic emails updating you about the status of your complaint.

If you have information to add to your complaint or questions about your complaint, please respond directly to this email.

You can view your complaint by logging in to the FCC's Consumer Help Center using the email you provided in the complaint. To do so, go to: https://consumercomplaints.fcc.gov/access.

You can get a password by clicking on the "Get a password" link at: https://consumercomplaints.fcc.gov/access.

Your submission provides the FCC with important information we can use to develop policies to protect consumers, remedy violations of the Communications Act, and encourage future compliance with the law.

Thank you for your help in furthering the FCC’s mission on behalf of consumers.

Verizon Response: 

Verizon Wireless Account (CASE1712951)
Verizon Wireless Executive Relations <cersSOExecutiveRelations@verizonwireless.com>

4/2/15

to me

Good Afternoon Mr. Snell:

My name is Cathy H. and I work in the Executive Office of Verizon Wireless. I have received your FCC concern and I would like to apologize on behalf of the company for any frustrations this matter has caused you. We are acknowledging receipt of your FCC concern. A response will be provided to the FCC within 30 days and they will send you a copy. 

Please reply to this email to confirm receipt.  Thanks in advance.

Thank you,

Cathy H.

Executive Relations Office

Not very good at pasting from Gmail....

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms