08-18-2019

AU

1 Signins

12 Page Views

• Views: 12
  • Message 21 of 23

Re: Workaround for Moto G4 ghost touch

2019-08-19, 0:06 AM

I have the same problems with Moto G4 which I've owned since the phone was released. Done 2 factory resets, now upgraded to Oreo, problem remains. However I have an easy workaround (NOT fix!).  I enabled Android Developer Options - very easy. https://developer.android.com/studio/debug/dev-options  I then enable "Show Tap".  You will now see ghost touches dancing across the screen.  The workaround is this (for Oreo): display is off > turn on by momentarily pressing power button > display is on > quick look to see if any ghost touches.  If yes > cycle (on/off) the display by pressing power button twice with brief delay between presses.  When the screen is active again the ghost touches are normally gone.  If no ghost touches > unlock phone with finger (or pin).

This unlock takes a little while to get used to but soon becomes automatic.  If the ghost touches start while the screen is active, just use the power button to cycle the display.

Works for me, hope this helps everyone!

Options

2 Posts

09-21-2019

FI

5 Signins

67 Page Views

• Views: 67
  • Message 22 of 23

Re: Workaround for Moto G4 ghost touch

2019-09-21, 17:45 PM

I had a ghost touch problem in Motorola G3 3rd.  It might have existed earlier, but I realized it after I installed WhatsApp.  When I tested video call, the phone went crazy and I had a hard time to get it back in control.  After that ghost touches were regular.

I tried all the tips I could find but to no avail.  Lastly I tried a sparking gas lighter like this <https://www.amazon.in/Sunlight-Gas-Lighter-Refill-Multicolour/dp/B076BG5CM6>.  I kept the sparking head near the screen everywhere and made sparks (the lighter had run out of gas).  The screen reacted like I would have touched it, so I knew that some effect happened out of electromagnetic field.  That is now a couple of weeks ago and I have not seen one assured instance of a ghost touch.

If the operation keeps my phone in sense even some weeks, it is a good and easy method.  I hope this helps others with the problem.

Options

2 Posts

09-21-2019

FI

5 Signins

67 Page Views

• Views: 67
  • Message 23 of 23

Re:Workaround for Moto G4 ghost touch

2020-07-28, 14:59 PM
Hi Today it is 28 of July 2020 and I had the first new episodes of ghost touches. So the fix lasted nearly one year and I am satisfied on that.
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete