12-20-2019

CA

2 Signins

24 Page Views

• Views: 24
  • Message 1 of 5

moto g4 digitizer unresponsive

2019-12-20, 3:14 AM

Hi, I have moto G4 XT1601, much loved little phone. Yesterday its touch screen suddenly became unresponsive. Power button and volume buttons work, I can see notifications coming, but the screen is locked and I can't do anything. Tried simple reboot, and phone reset. Battery is fine, but even if I remove the battery and reboot without it with power cable connected, it's the same. There were no recent drops and no water immersion. The phone is a little short on memory for OS. What can I do? Is it the digitizer failure? I think this one can be replaced, but I hope there is some other solution. I have serial and IMEI if needed.

Options

2 Posts

12-19-2019

MX

6 Signins

193 Page Views

• Views: 193
  • Message 2 of 5

Re: moto g4 digitizer unresponsive

2019-12-20, 4:48 AM

wrote:

Hi, I have moto G4 XT1601, much loved little phone. Yesterday its touch screen suddenly became unresponsive. Power button and volume buttons work, I can see notifications coming, but the screen is locked and I can't do anything. Tried simple reboot, and phone reset. Battery is fine, but even if I remove the battery and reboot without it with power cable connected, it's the same. There were no recent drops and no water immersion. The phone is a little short on memory for OS. What can I do? Is it the digitizer failure? I think this one can be replaced, but I hope there is some other solution. I have serial and IMEI if needed.

Options

1777 Posts

04-04-2018

IN

298 Signins

18479 Page Views

• Views: 18479
  • Message 3 of 5

2019-12-23, 9:26 AM

wrote:

Hi Parent311,

Sorry to know about this. When you said phone reset, did you mean a Factory Data Reset? Kindly confirm.

Regards,

Suman

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

2 Posts

12-20-2019

CA

2 Signins

24 Page Views

• Views: 24
  • Message 4 of 5

2019-12-27, 12:22 PM

Sorry Suman, I didn't try Factory Reset because I needed the data on the phone. I just bought a digitizer with the frame and replaced it. It's not OEM, but seems to work fine.

Options

1777 Posts

04-04-2018

IN

298 Signins

18479 Page Views

• Views: 18479
  • Message 5 of 5

2019-12-27, 14:29 PM

wrote:

Sorry Suman, I didn't try Factory Reset because I needed the data on the phone. I just bought a digitizer with the frame and replaced it. It's not OEM, but seems to work fine.

Hi Parent311,

Glad to know your device is working fine. :smileyhappy:

Regards,

Suman

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete