Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto G PhonesMoto G4 / Moto G4 Plus / Moto G4 Play
All Forum Topics
Options

1 Posts

07-12-2017

India

1 Signins

24 Page Views

• Views: 24
  • Message 1171 of 1376

Re: moto g4 plus charging issue ("ghost touch")

2017-07-12, 8:23 AM

I have a solution (sort of). I was fed up with the ghost touches while charging. I searched various forums such as xda and realised the issue was related to fast charging. I tried various chargers and the conclusion is that ghost touches disappear when using a charger below 1.5A. Fast chargers( 2.0A and above) cause ghost touches, using normal chargers(I am using a 1.0A samsung charger) solves the problem. XDA developer forums wil give the technical aspects of this phenomenon( it relates to charge leaking causing the ghost touches on the capacitative touchscreen). Still, its poor designing by Motorola and Lenovo.

Options

1 Posts

07-17-2017

India

13 Signins

113 Page Views

• Views: 113
  • Message 1172 of 1376

Re: moto g4 plus charging issue

2017-07-17, 4:38 AM

Facing same issue ghost touch?

The service center guys told me that it will took 20+ days to solve this issue. How can I manage this much of days?

Service center address:

Ridham Mobiles
Shop No.7B, 2nd Floor, Darussalam Complex, Mavoor Road, SHOP NO7B,2ND FLOOR,DARUSSALAM COMPLEX,MAVOOR ROAD,CALICUT.
Calicut - Kerala
Options

10 Posts

05-20-2017

United States of America

16 Signins

130 Page Views

• Views: 130
  • Message 1173 of 1376

2017-07-17, 22:57 PM

I paid an extra fee to have a replacement sent to me so I could return the defective one after I got the replacement. I am researching whether Motorola is in violation of the Federal Magnuson–Moss Warranty Act. I have created an email address to collect stories of Moto G4 failures and the run-around Motorola / Lenovo is giving its customers. You may email your personal story to: motog4war@gmail.com.

Options

10 Posts

05-20-2017

United States of America

16 Signins

130 Page Views

• Message 1174 of 1376

2017-07-17, 22:58 PM
Less than a week.
Options

10 Posts

05-20-2017

United States of America

16 Signins

130 Page Views

• Message 1175 of 1376

2017-07-17, 23:06 PM

Magnuson–Moss Warranty Act

Options

10 Posts

05-20-2017

United States of America

16 Signins

130 Page Views

• Message 1176 of 1376

2017-07-17, 23:10 PM

The Federal Magnuson–Moss Warranty Act trumps anything Motorola claims. They are aware of the overheating problems leading to "ghost touches". I suspect there are tens of thousands of moto G phones with the problem.Google the Magnuson–Moss Warranty Act and educate yourself. I will be filing a complaint with the FTC about this product behavior and Motorola's failure to properly address the issue.

Options

2 Posts

07-20-2017

United States of America

4 Signins

53 Page Views

• Views: 53
  • Message 1177 of 1376

2017-07-20, 13:46 PM

Wow Lenovo, you've done it again.  Oddly enough, the last time I visited your forums in 2013 was the last time I bought a Lenovo product. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/forums/v3_1/forumtopicpage/board-id/tp04_en/thread-id/21422/page/2

You'll notice, that thread is another instance of Lenovo denying a manufacturing problem for months and months.  In that case, they finally relented and took care of the issue.

I had no idea this "ghosting" thing was this widespread of a problem. Wow!  I owned my Moto G for about a year before it became unusable due to this issue.  I thought it was something I did.  It has caused me so much frustration! To find out that it is this widespread of a manufacturing issue and people are having to spend countless hours fighting for a replacement is more than enough to move on.    

I am currently using a Samsung S8, and was seriously going to return that phone and buy another Moto G because no other phone gets reception in my office like my Moto G did.  It wasn't until I saw the reviews on Amazon that I started looking closer.  What a shame.

Options

28352 Posts

02-02-2016

United States of America

5842 Signins

132780 Page Views

• Views: 132780
  • Message 1178 of 1376

2017-07-20, 13:56 PM

wrote:

Wow Lenovo, you've done it again.  Oddly enough, the last time I visited your forums in 2013 was the last time I bought a Lenovo product. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/forums/v3_1/forumtopicpage/board-id/tp04_en/thread-id/21422/page/2

You'll notice, that thread is another instance of Lenovo denying a manufacturing problem for months and months.  In that case, they finally relented and took care of the issue.

I had no idea this "ghosting" thing was this widespread of a problem. Wow!  I owned my Moto G for about a year before it became unusable due to this issue.  I thought it was something I did.  It has caused me so much frustration! To find out that it is this widespread of a manufacturing issue and people are having to spend countless hours fighting for a replacement is more than enough to move on.    

I am currently using a Samsung S8, and was seriously going to return that phone and buy another Moto G because no other phone gets reception in my office like my Moto G did.  It wasn't until I saw the reviews on Amazon that I started looking closer.  What a shame.

Actually, nothing was denied. If you click on the solution link (green link above), you will see that there was investigation, and then the solution was to have it sent in for repair. 

Not all problems are the same, so standard troubleshooting should still be done, and if that fails, the device is serviced. 

Depending on the region, the device may be repaired or replaced. Not all phones were affected. I had a G4 that never showed a hint of this problem, and I suspect that is true for most people based on how many G4 phones were sold. 

The solution was posted over a year ago. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Options

115 Posts

10-18-2016

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

206 Signins

1493 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 1493
  • Message 1179 of 1376

2017-07-21, 0:01 AM

wrote:

I paid an extra fee to have a replacement sent to me so I could return the defective one after I got the replacement. I am researching whether Motorola is in violation of the Federal Magnuson–Moss Warranty Act. I have created an email address to collect stories of Moto G4 failures and the run-around Motorola / Lenovo is giving its customers. You may email your personal story to: motog4war@gmail.com.

I'm in the UK, so probably not worth me emailing you my sad saga. I wish you luck in getting justice from this horrendous organisation though.

Happy to tell my tale if it helps though - let me know.

Options

1 Posts

07-22-2017

India

1 Signins

21 Page Views

• Views: 21
  • Message 1180 of 1376

Re: moto g4 plus charging issue ("ghost touch")

2017-07-22, 4:39 AM

hi ,

i am also facing this issue please help me out, all i think of is to please replace it or help me out to resolve it.

Thanks,

Ishaan

wrote:

wrote:

My phone becomes unusable while the "ghost touch" opens apps and even makes phone calls.  Called the service center they said they 'never heard of the issue' and that because I bought from Best Buy (reseller) my warranty is different.   I've never had a company treat me so poorly. I've worked in IT for over a decade and have always advised people to buy flagship phones from Apple or Samsung because everything else has issues.   After the initial positive reviews I decided to try a Moto G4. The inconvenience and frustration this Moto G4 has caused me far outweighs any benefit or  money saved.

Please advise of solution.  This is my 3rd attempt.   

Hi Matthew,

Let me reach out to you in order for me to assist you further.

Regards,

Joy

Motorola Agent

wrote:

wrote:

My phone becomes unusable while the "ghost touch" opens apps and even makes phone calls.  Called the service center they said they 'never heard of the issue' and that because I bought from Best Buy (reseller) my warranty is different.   I've never had a company treat me so poorly. I've worked in IT for over a decade and have always advised people to buy flagship phones from Apple or Samsung because everything else has issues.   After the initial positive reviews I decided to try a Moto G4. The inconvenience and frustration this Moto G4 has caused me far outweighs any benefit or  money saved.

Hi Matthew,

Regards,

Joy

Motorola Agent

wrote:

wrote:

Hi Matthew,

Regards,

Joy

Motorola Agent

wrote:

wrote:

Hi Matthew,

Regards,

Joy

Motorola Agent

wrote:

wrote:

Hi Matthew,

Regards,

Joy

Motorola Agent

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms