Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto G PhonesMoto G4 / Moto G4 Plus / Moto G4 Play
All Forum Topics
Options

1 Posts

01-09-2017

India

2 Signins

13 Page Views

  • Posts: 1
  • Registered: ‎01-09-2017
  • Location: India
  • Views: 13
  • Message 691 of 1376

Re: moto g4 plus charging issue ("ghost touch")

2017-01-09, 18:26 PM

Heloo sar mai ne Moto G4 plus Liya h.  charging ke time use karne par mobile automatic tach kaam karne lgta h aur kuch bhi work nhi karta h .Pls sar ya prob kaise slow hogi.

 

Reply
Options

5 Posts

12-31-2016

India

23 Signins

93 Page Views

  • Posts: 5
  • Registered: ‎12-31-2016
  • Location: India
  • Views: 93
  • Message 692 of 1376

Re: moto g4 plus charging issue ("ghost touch")

2017-01-09, 18:51 PM
I am facing the exact same problem. I will try out your workaround of switching off auto brightness. Taking my phone to service center this Saturday.
Reply
Options

Re: moto g4 plus charging issue ("ghost touch")

2017-01-09, 20:01 PM

Hi phal15, Techbrk1,

 

Please perform troubleshooting first - safe mode, clear cache and reset. If you reset the phone, make sure automatic restore is disabled. If none of these works, repair is recommended.

 

Thanks,

Joy

Motorola Support

Reply
Options

5 Posts

12-31-2016

India

23 Signins

93 Page Views

  • Posts: 5
  • Registered: ‎12-31-2016
  • Location: India
  • Views: 93
  • Message 694 of 1376

Re: moto g4 plus charging issue ("ghost touch")

2017-01-09, 20:08 PM

The service center or Motorola representatives here just refuse to admit this might be a hardware issue. All possible software fixes have been tried and nothing works. Since this issue comes up while charging and is related to screen brightness I wonder if it is related to battery. I have just been reading vague responses that your phone needs repair. I mean what the hell that repair is no one knows, neither the service center representatives nor representatives here. Please stop saying repair and give us a definitive solution. Never buying a Motorola phone again.

Reply
Options

53 Posts

12-22-2013

United States of America

70 Signins

973 Page Views

  • Posts: 53
  • Registered: ‎12-22-2013
  • Location: United States of America
  • Views: 973
  • Message 695 of 1376

Re: moto g4 plus charging issue ("ghost touch")

2017-01-09, 20:30 PM

wrote:

The service center or Motorola representatives here just refuse to admit this might be a hardware issue. All possible software fixes have been tried and nothing works. Since this issue comes up while charging and is related to screen brightness I wonder if it is related to battery. I have just been reading vague responses that your phone needs repair. I mean what the hell that repair is no one knows, neither the service center representatives nor representatives here. Please stop saying repair and give us a definitive solution. Never buying a Motorola phone again.


They claim to know what the problem is and they claim to be informing the repair centers what that problem is.  I don't think Motorola will be admitting what's at fault here.  Mine is in repair for the second time.  It has been in repair since 12/29/2016 and when talking with someone in support they have stated the phone has been repaired but since it's within the promised return time frame they have yet to ship it out.  As of today, there has been no status update that the item has been shipped back.

Reply
Options

5 Posts

12-05-2016

India

21 Signins

343 Page Views

  • Posts: 5
  • Registered: ‎12-05-2016
  • Location: India
  • Views: 343
  • Message 696 of 1376

Re: moto g4 plus charging issue ("ghost touch")

2017-01-09, 21:11 PM

I guess here in India , customer service people are really not talking up interest to work responsibly and assist the users. I wish we could sign a petition on change.org and make them awake only if nothing worked.

Reply
Options

115 Posts

10-18-2016

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

206 Signins

1493 Page Views

  • Posts: 115
  • Registered: ‎10-18-2016
  • Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 1493
  • Message 697 of 1376

Re: moto g4 plus charging issue ("ghost touch")

2017-01-09, 21:16 PM

Not just in India. People all over the world are having the same problems and are probably dealing with the same call centres. 


wrote:

I guess here in India , customer service people are really not talking up interest to work responsibly and assist the users. I wish we could sign a petition on change.org and make them awake only if nothing worked.


 

Reply
Options

115 Posts

10-18-2016

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

206 Signins

1493 Page Views

  • Posts: 115
  • Registered: ‎10-18-2016
  • Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 1493
  • Message 698 of 1376

Re: moto g4 plus charging issue ("ghost touch")

2017-01-09, 21:18 PM

Mine's been in for 'repair' twice, and they actually managed to make the problem worse.


wrote:

wrote:

The service center or Motorola representatives here just refuse to admit this might be a hardware issue. All possible software fixes have been tried and nothing works. Since this issue comes up while charging and is related to screen brightness I wonder if it is related to battery. I have just been reading vague responses that your phone needs repair. I mean what the hell that repair is no one knows, neither the service center representatives nor representatives here. Please stop saying repair and give us a definitive solution. Never buying a Motorola phone again.


They claim to know what the problem is and they claim to be informing the repair centers what that problem is.  I don't think Motorola will be admitting what's at fault here.  Mine is in repair for the second time.  It has been in repair since 12/29/2016 and when talking with someone in support they have stated the phone has been repaired but since it's within the promised return time frame they have yet to ship it out.  As of today, there has been no status update that the item has been shipped back.


 

Reply
Options

53 Posts

12-22-2013

United States of America

70 Signins

973 Page Views

  • Posts: 53
  • Registered: ‎12-22-2013
  • Location: United States of America
  • Views: 973
  • Message 699 of 1376

Re: moto g4 plus charging issue ("ghost touch")

2017-01-09, 22:02 PM

I'm sure this is purely coincidence after mentioning that my phone still hasn't been returned.  I just received a notification that my phone is shipping now and will be here Wednesday.  It better be fixed.  Honestly, I'm not sure what to do if it's not fixed.

Reply
Options

115 Posts

10-18-2016

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

206 Signins

1493 Page Views

  • Posts: 115
  • Registered: ‎10-18-2016
  • Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 1493
  • Message 700 of 1376

Re: moto g4 plus charging issue ("ghost touch")

2017-01-09, 22:16 PM

Have you investigated what your options are under US Consumer legislation? I am very well versed in what my rights are in the UK, but Motorola have chosen to deny and ignore their obligations. 


wrote:

I'm sure this is purely coincidence after mentioning that my phone still hasn't been returned.  I just received a notification that my phone is shipping now and will be here Wednesday.  It better be fixed.  Honestly, I'm not sure what to do if it's not fixed.


 

Reply
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms