cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Soumyamishra198
What's DOS?
Views: 901
Message 1 of 4

Airplane mode is always on even did factory rest the phone is still in this mode

Tried restarting and reset I don't know what else I need to do-trying to update it now-please help

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 887
Message 2 of 4

Re: Airplane mode is always on even did factory rest the phone is still in this mode

@Soumyamishra198 wrote:

Tried restarting and reset I don't know what else I need to do-trying to update it now-please help

Did you do a full factory data reset? I see contacts so you have started to restore things.  If you reset, test before restoring apps or adding a google account. 

Did you try safe mode, or cache clear? there is no airplane mode indicator in the status bar. 

Here are some great troubleshooting videos that cover safe mode, cache clear, and factory reset. Try these suggestions and let us know

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Motorola-Owner-s-Blog/The-DIY-Movement-why-not-for-your-phone/ba-p/3375...

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 879
Message 3 of 4

Re: Airplane mode is always on even did factory rest the phone is still in this mode

@Soumyamishra198 wrote:

Hi Soumyamishra198,

Would you please update your profile with the serial/IMEI/MEID number of your phone? is it okay if we look at your apps? This will help us investigate. Make sure that your Motorola Privacy is enabled.

Update your profile here

Regards,
Jess
Motorola Support

SlimSchwartz
Paper Tape
Views: 205
Message 4 of 4

Did this issue ever get resolved?

Our MOTO G phone thinks that Airplane Mode is ON regardless of what we do - no icon - settings show Airplane Mode is OFF - can't get any bars - try a call and the error message doesn't say "NO SERVICE" it says "TURN AIRPLANE MODE OFF AND THEN TRY CALLING" - 

We watched the videos and accomplished ALL the suggested actions with no change - is it new phone time?

Any thoughts?