Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aadityasikarwar
Serial Port
Views: 832
Message 1 of 8

Autofill service is not available on Oreo Update

So Android Oreo Update for Moto G4 Plus has been rolled out and most of the user got that update in India. And my point is autofill service for android is introduced by Google with Android Oreo as a feature but moto haven't included it in the update despite its an Android Oreo feature. So, guys at Moto kindly rollout a update with autofill services. At least give users all the oreo feature after all you guys have made us wait for a year and a half.

aadityasikarwar
Serial Port
Views: 773
Message 2 of 8

Re: Autofill service is not available on Oreo Update

Where did all moto agents gone now? Aren't you guys looking into this. This is a essential feature of Android Oreo. Nokia,OnePlus,etc oems included it when they updated there devices with Android Oreo and autofill services are also mentioned on android oreo page at Google.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 741
Message 3 of 8

Hi aadityasikarwar,

Thanks for posting. I'll ask around about this. Can you please update your profile with current phone, carrier and serial number -- this will help me investigate. Please make sure that the options under Settings > Motorola Privacy are on as well

Need help updating your profile? See here

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

aadityasikarwar
Serial Port
Views: 715
Message 4 of 8

@Agent_Rich wrote:

Hi aadityasikarwar,

Thanks for posting. I'll ask around about this. Can you please update your profile with current phone, carrier and serial number -- this will help me investigate. Please make sure that the options under Settings > Motorola Privacy are on as well

Need help updating your profile? See here

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Already did that. Please see to it. Its an important feature of Android Oreo that everyone will appreciate getting integrated for Moto G4 Plus too.

Thanks.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 696
Message 5 of 8

Hi aadityasikarwar,

Thank you for reporting us, we understand you are not able to use the 'Autofill' feature on your device after the Oreo update. Please be informed that the feature was fully functional after Pie. However, we had luck using on Oreo with these settings toggled on. To do so > Go to Settings > Systems > Language & inputs > Advanced > Auto-fill service > make sure its not selected to 'None'> Observe and let us know if this helps?

Regards,
Swaraj

Moto Support

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943
aadityasikarwar
Serial Port
Views: 690
Message 6 of 8

I already checked that and I know where to find autofill service but how can I find it when its not there. See for yourself in the screenshot I am including. And what do you guys think whom you are fooling. I know very well that autofill service was fully functional since Android 8.0 Oreo. So please don't try to fool us. If you have doubts then go and check Android Oreo features list at https://www.android.com/versions/oreo-8-0/

aadityasikarwar
Serial Port
Views: 590
Message 7 of 8

Hey man! You guys are still investigating or what? I already updated the infos. Now can you tell me the status?
aadityasikarwar
Serial Port
Views: 590
Message 8 of 8

No dude that option is not available. If it had been there then why would I create this thread. See screenshot https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Moto-G4-Moto-G4-Plus-Moto-G4/Autofill-service-is-not-available-on-Oreo-...
Top Kudoed Authors