Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kishan9040
Paper Tape
Views: 5,008
Message 1 of 7

Battery Draining fast due to mobile radio active

Battery is draining very fast like 2%per minute without any usage.Also the wifi and mobile data are turned off.This is happening due to mobile radio being active.Cannot find a way to solve the issue as factory reset also didn't work.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 4,867
Message 2 of 7

Re: Battery Draining fast due to mobile radio active

@kishan9040 wrote:

Battery is draining very fast like 2%per minute without any usage.Also the wifi and mobile data are turned off.This is happening due to mobile radio being active.Cannot find a way to solve the issue as factory reset also didn't work.

Hi kishan9040

It seems normal to me. Radio definitely consumes the battery. There are also other factors that may contribute for battery drainage. Actual battery performance will vary and depends on many factors including signal strength, network configuration, age of battery, operating temperature, features selected, device settings, and voice, data, and other application usage patterns.

How about turning the radio off, does it act the same? You can try rebooting your phone, so as to kill other activities that may also be running on the background, aside from the radio? If you are bothered by the battery discharge you can try calibrating its battery. 

To calibrate the battery, press and hold the Power button until the screen goes dark, about 7-10 seconds. When the screen goes dark, release the Power button and the phone will automatically reboot. Plug the phone in and let it charge overnight, using only the charger that came in the box with the phone. Observe the battery performance within 24 hours.

Regards,
Ella
Motorola Support

kishan9040
Paper Tape
Views: 4,862
Message 3 of 7

But it is consuming battery at very rapid rate.My battery drains from 100 to 50 in just 5 to 10 minutes.I have rebooted device even factory reseted it but to no use.It seems the mobile radio doesn't turn off and is active which can be seen by the fact my phone gets warm at position above sd card slot and not the battery which seems unusual.

kishan9040
Paper Tape
Views: 4,841
Message 4 of 7

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 4,833
Message 5 of 7

Hi kishan9040

Based on the screenhot you sent, it seems that both the WiFi and data are turned on. Please be advised that Data consumes much more of the battery as well as using it along with Wifi. 

By the way,  how can you say that it is the radio's fault? Isn't there a way to turn it off? Have you tried calibrating the battery yet? Was it reset with no restore which you have tried? If resetting the phone has not helped, you can submit it in for a repair. You may walk down to our local service centre for further assistance, here is the link.

- Ella

Anilkumar006
Paper Tape
Views: 552
Message 6 of 7

Battery Draining fast due to mobile radio active

My Moto g4 plus battery drains fast in battery usage mobile stand by taking more charging intha it's showing mobile radio active 

Please help me to get rid of this.

Am yet receive an Oreo update

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 493
Message 7 of 7

Hi Anilkumar006,

Thanks for posting. I just merged your post here. Can you please send me a screenshot of your battery usage? Also, I would recommend leaving your phone in safe mode for at least a day just to compare if there's an improvement. 

To Enable Safe Mode
1. Press and hold the Power button until Power off comes up on the screen.
2. Touch and HOLD Power off on the screen until reboot to safe mode appears.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Top Kudoed Authors