Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
meetprasanta
Paper Tape
Views: 4,103
Message 11 of 44

Re: Battery draining in Moto G4 plus and Moto g4

I'm also facing same exact problem with Moto G4 phone. Please help me to resolve the issue.
renofo
Paper Tape
Views: 4,069
Message 12 of 44

My G4 will drain extremely fast after a turbocharge but not after a normal charge.  There was no abnormal usage of any kind.  It seems like the 100% is simply false, and there was no charging taking place. You can see by the temperature, there was no heavy load. What's going on here???

Normal charge

battery normal.JPG

Turbo charge

battery fast.JPG

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 4,018
Message 13 of 44

Hi All,

Thank you for updating your profile, we would like to request you to perform wipe cache partition on your device. Please remove any application which consumes more percentage of battery in the background.

Once done--> please calibrate your device as Calibration occurs by applying a full charge, discharge, and charge. Battery analyzers serve as a valuable tool to calibrate a smart battery. An analyzer fully charges the battery and then applies a controlled discharge that provides the all-important capacity readings of the chemical battery. 

If these did not help, then it is more likely the battery is gone bad and it might need a replacement. The next option would be service/repair so that the service engineer could examine your device and help accordingly.

Thanks,

-Swaraj

Rohianan35
Paper Tape
Views: 3,814
Message 14 of 44

Having the same problem. But now battery is also not charging full and not fast. Pls help. This phone has become an nightmare.
Regards
Rohit

Rohianan35
Paper Tape
Views: 3,814
Message 15 of 44

Having the same problem of phone not getting fully charged and discharging very fast. This phone has become a nightmare.
Pls help
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 3,753
Message 16 of 44

@Rohianan35 wrote:
Having the same problem of phone not getting fully charged and discharging very fast. This phone has become a nightmare.
Pls help

Can you please check and try the above-mentioned steps and let us know if this helps.

-Sandip

SusanR76
Paper Tape
Views: 3,637
Message 17 of 44

I am also having this problem.  Tried resettingthe battery yesterday by discharging all the way, then charging, discharging, and recharging.  Battery was lasting at least a day, then 6 hours, now 3-4 hrs.  Please help?

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 3,627
Message 18 of 44

@SusanR76 wrote:

I am also having this problem.  Tried resettingthe battery yesterday by discharging all the way, then charging, discharging, and recharging.  Battery was lasting at least a day, then 6 hours, now 3-4 hrs.  Please help?

Hi, SusanR76

Please be advised that you might need to repeat the process of calibrating twice a week for few weeks for better results. If this did not help, then the next option would be performing Factory data reset without restoring your apps and test. Hope that improves.

Thanks,

Swaraj

shailendra01
What's DOS?
Views: 3,545
Message 19 of 44

Hello i have the same issue here... my battery life in the moto g4plus is draining alot and is giving me just 4 hours or sometimes just 3 hours of battery backup on heavy usage and 6-7 hours on normal usage. This started happening just afer the nougat update. Please give me a resolutions for this if possible. I hae also thought of flashing some custom ROM which will consume less battery life.

Lululeno
Paper Tape
Views: 3,527
Message 20 of 44

As an update, I bought a new phone as buying a new battery didn't really resolve the issue.  My Sony Xperia is much better and I can rely on it to last all day (and often well into the next day) on one charge 

Top Kudoed Authors