Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frameshifter
What's DOS?
Views: 880
Message 31 of 44

Re: Battery draining in Moto g4

Same problem here as well.  Only started in the last couple of days for me.  May have been going on longer but I rarely use the phone.  I know it's always gotten great battery life.  The phone is heating up a lot too.  Much hotter than normal.  Leads me to believe it's the system running something that is causing it as I have no apps running.

Car6on14
Paper Tape
Views: 857
Message 32 of 44

Re: Battery draining in Moto G4 plus and Moto g4

My g4 plus was great until an android update in Jan for spectre meltdown, I did factory reset and no luck. I am guessing its an android OS issue and have fingers crossed android 8 update is released, till then I am using wake lock to get through the day...

TMKW
Paper Tape
Views: 498
Message 33 of 44

This stupid steps not helping. Never ever buy any Moto products!
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 494
Message 34 of 44

Hi TMKW,

Sorry to hear you are having a battery issue. We would like to help, please update your profile with the IMEI number of your phone? Is it okay if we look into your apps to determine what is causing the issue? This will help us investigate. Make sure that your Motorola Privacy is enabled.

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943

Regards,

Swaraj

Moto Support

TMKW
Paper Tape
Views: 476
Message 35 of 44

I don't use any social media apps. Even when I disable WiFi, Bluetooth, cellular data, battery drain so fast. Im well aware of power consumption of my apps. This is nothing to do with those apps. As I said earlier, you guys have no freaking solution to this Moto g4 battery drain issue. 

Borkowicz
Paper Tape
Views: 420
Message 36 of 44

They are available on iFixit.com.  About $35 + shipping.

Borkowicz
Paper Tape
Views: 419
Message 37 of 44

I am having the same issue.  Rapid battery drain, phone getting warm.  I replaced the battery myself, wiped cache, removed many apps, and recalibrated the battery.  Still draining much faster than when the phone was new.  Can Lenovo help me?

TMKW
Paper Tape
Views: 380
Message 38 of 44

There is nothing they can do or nothing they will do.
TMKW
Paper Tape
Views: 378
Message 39 of 44

Utter [Removed]

Borkowicz
Paper Tape
Views: 375
Message 40 of 44

I find it strange that this phone worked fine until the OS update and then it starts draining the battery. The hardware obviously didn't change, so they should be able to provide an update to the software that would fix it. As you say they perhaps don't want to do anything for an old model. In which case they should say its sundowned and you should not update to any new OS. I rather live with the old OS than update and have to toss what was once a perfectly good phone.
Top Kudoed Authors