Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ankur_sahotra
Paper Tape
Views: 261
Message 41 of 46

Re: Confusion regarding Android N update

Yea m gonna do this, but right now my phones is working better then before, android is stable, and all new things are quite cool, only problem m having with my moto g4 plus is screen burn issue, which most of the users facing and we are not getting any solution, i have mailed my details to motorola, hope to get some reply soon

And how to check if the software i installed is fake or malware or something like that, i mean how to distinguish between fake and original after installing ... 

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 250
Message 42 of 46

@Ankur_sahotra wrote:

Yea m gonna do this, but right now my phones is working better then before, android is stable, and all new things are quite cool, only problem m having with my moto g4 plus is screen burn issue, which most of the users facing and we are not getting any solution, i have mailed my details to motorola, hope to get some reply soon

And how to check if the software i installed is fake or malware or something like that, i mean how to distinguish between fake and original after installing ... 

When there is a screen burn resolution, it may not apply to you as android m is the only official software. Installing unofficlal software or using unsupported means likely voided your  warranty. 

no way i know of to check your software. You downlaoded a zip file from some internet site. You should have asked the question before instaling something. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
basushaunak
SCSI Port
Views: 230
Message 43 of 46

@Ankur_sahotra wrote:

Hi AnkurSmiley Frustratedo - there is very minute chance that it will contain malware of some sort or any modifications whatsover.

BTW I am having my fingers crossed  as I did the same thing :-D

Edited to remove modding information.  crystallet

Moto X4 (India) 6 / 64 GB Edition
Ankur_sahotra
Paper Tape
Views: 193
Message 44 of 46

Hahaha ... So u did the same thing .. and even m not facing any troubles with this software, it just like miotorola is saying that they will not send me future updates 😁 then i thought when we can have android N in our phones before moto release, then we can surly do the same proceedure for future update, and our phones will b again with default build no. Of android. 

One major thing regarding my screen burn issue, or i can say 95℅ of moto g4 plus owner's problem, they say i have just voided my warrenty, so moto has nothing to do for that now,

Ok so what about other people , who did'nt voided there warrenty, did moto replaced there screens ? I guess no, m waiting for official release so that i can again come under warrenty, 

Other than that , having no issue with my phone, its like better then before after upgrade.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 185
Message 45 of 46

@Ankur_sahotra wrote:

Hahaha ... So u did the same thing .. and even m not facing any troubles with this software, it just like miotorola is saying that they will not send me future updates 😁 then i thought when we can have android N in our phones before moto release, then we can surly do the same proceedure for future update, and our phones will b again with default build no. Of android. 

One major thing regarding my screen burn issue, or i can say 95℅ of moto g4 plus owner's problem, they say i have just voided my warrenty, so moto has nothing to do for that now,

Ok so what about other people , who did'nt voided there warrenty, did moto replaced there screens ? I guess no, m waiting for official release so that i can again come under warrenty, 

Other than that , having no issue with my phone, its like better then before after upgrade.

Sorry, but you're wrong.  Once your phone is out of warranty, it never goes back in warranty, even if you're running the stock build.  Motorola can distinguish a side load from an OTA.

If nothing else, you and others have publicly stated that you modded your phones.  That fact is now in the thousands of email boxes that subscribe to this forum, and is also searchable on the web.

If there is another post that discusses the specifics of modding, such as the information I just edited out about recovery, this thread will be closed.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 178
Message 46 of 46

@Ankur_sahotra wrote:

If you were to go back and follow the other G phones. There were some Beta software releases that bricked phones. For official testers, moto replaced the phones.

There are sometimes multiple Beta builds before a final software release.  The final public release will only install over stock, not over a beta. 

The other betas only get pushed to official testers. The testers that leak are easy to expose and ban. So you have to hope that someone new leaks other beta builds. 

As for the screen burn, no stats show 95% have the problem. 100% of the people i know with G do not. But when a fix is identified, if software before n is released you won't get it. And if hardware, you may not be eliigible. 

But enjoy your pirated software! 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Top Kudoed Authors