Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
AdamDSC
Fanfold Paper
Views: 161
Message 1 of 5

Dark mode: How to switch it off in Android V8?

Instagram dark mode has been forced onto my G4plus (8.1.0) and I want to switch it off.
I have searched the net and the settings it suggests (Theme) do not exist so assume they are for a newer Android version.

How do I switch off dark mode please?

Thank you

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 105
Message 2 of 5

Re: Dark mode: How to switch it off in Android V8?

@AdamDSC wrote:

Instagram dark mode has been forced onto my G4plus (8.1.0) and I want to switch it off.
I have searched the net and the settings it suggests (Theme) do not exist so assume they are for a newer Android version.

How do I switch off dark mode please?

Thank you

Hi AdamDSC,

Thanks for posting. Can you tell us how did you enable the Dark mode for Instagram? 

Regards,

Suman

AdamDSC
Fanfold Paper
Views: 87
Message 3 of 5

I didn't enable it, instagram was updated and it came like that. There is not a switch in IG and they say it has to be switched in the phone settings but there is no darkmode setting on the Moto G4+ Oreo.
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 12
Message 4 of 5

@AdamDSC wrote:
I didn't enable it, instagram was updated and it came like that. There is not a switch in IG and they say it has to be switched in the phone settings but there is no darkmode setting on the Moto G4+ Oreo.

Hi AdamDSC,

Can you uninstall Instagram and check if that helps? Dark Mode is for higher Android versions. Let us know if it's the same after reinstalling the app.

Regards,

Suman

AdamDSC
Fanfold Paper
Views: 8
Message 5 of 5

Thanks but I've already tried that and it made no difference. Dark mode has been forced upon Android Oreo with no way to charge back

Top Kudoed Authors