Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SubashEswar
Fanfold Paper
Views: 563
Message 1 of 3

Display not waking up

I'm using moto g4 plus and i have set up my fingerprint for unlocking.

When my finger print is not recignized the phone only just vibrates and not waking up to show fingerprint not recognized.

I tried moto display in Moto app and factory reset. It didn't work.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 513
Message 2 of 3

Re: Display not waking up

@SubashEswar wrote:

I'm using moto g4 plus and i have set up my fingerprint for unlocking.

When my finger print is not recignized the phone only just vibrates and not waking up to show fingerprint not recognized.

I tried moto display in Moto app and factory reset. It didn't work.

Hi SubashEswar

For using a fingerprint for unlocking the phone, make sure that your fingerprint was properly scanned for it to recognize your fingerprint. The phone will vibrate once when it unlocks successfully, and twice if the unlock attempt is not successful. Make sure that the sensor is free from anything that may hinder reading your fingerprint.

How did you reset the phone if I may ask? When did this issue happen? Has this happened right out of the box? Let us know more. Thanks!

Regards,
Ella
Motorola Support

SubashEswar
Fanfold Paper
Views: 502
Message 3 of 3

Re: Display not waking up

I was getting the the shadows of previous screen on the current screen on my mobile,

so i reached out to the moto service center. when i got the mobile back the issue was resolved.

I've set up finger print to unlock the phone, the sensor works fine. The probelm is only when the fingerprint is not recognized. The phone vibrates twice, but the screen stays in sleep, it is not waking up to show "fingerprint not recognized" on the screen.

I reset the phone by going to Settings--> Backup & reset--> Factory data reset--> RESET PHONE.

Top Kudoed Authors