Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 1,070
Message 851 of 860

Re: Display problem - Screen Burn In

@jussvg wrote:

Have this same problem (complelety dotted screen). Did you get it fixed?

Hi jussvg,

Sorry to hear about your device issue, are you able to perform any action or does it just remain at the dotted screen? If so, the next option would be service/repair.

Regards,

Swaraj

Moto Support

jussvg
What's DOS?
Views: 1,064
Message 852 of 860

Cannot do anything. As soon as its powered on the entire screen is that way so nothing can be done. It was working perfectly before. No fall or anything. It just went this way. You here vibration, sounds as though everything if good, just you cannot see because of screen condition.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 1,037
Message 853 of 860

@jussvg wrote:

Cannot do anything. As soon as its powered on the entire screen is that way so nothing can be done. It was working perfectly before. No fall or anything. It just went this way. You here vibration, sounds as though everything if good, just you cannot see because of screen condition.

Hi jussvg,

This is odd, I understand how difficult that would be, the next option at this point would be service/repair.  

Regards,
Swaraj

Moto Support

canerpense
What's DOS?
Views: 730
Message 854 of 860

My wife's 1.5 year old G4 Plus has the Screen Ghosting (or shadowing as Moto used to refer it) issue, while my G4 hasn't. After checking various forums, the LG Display used in her phone seems to be the root of this problem as mine has BOE display and (luckily) don't have this problem.

Side note: My previous phone, the LG G3 had the exact same problem with it's display. The issue was gone after the change of display but then it died because of the famous bootloop (poor CPU pin contact material) problem.

Is it possible to request a certain brand -BOE in this case- of display unit to be used for repair, under warranty?

Elijah1980
Blue Screen Again
Views: 485
Message 855 of 860

Re: cast with anycast M4 hdmi

I have Motorola g4 play model number XT109 with 7.1.1 hapi Noguet os. I been trying every method that I can think of.to cast to my smarttv without any avchiment. I bought this smartphone a year ago and I wish I never did because it's casting function are worthless. I just wanted to cast to my smart TV. I just purchased a Anycast M4 display today hoping it would work and same old bs. Before I purchase this product I did some research the best I could. Some say I could use it to cast to the tv with my anycast m4. I don't have internet service provider like WiFi. My anycast hdmi M4 display is working but my motorola g4 play is not detecting the device. It has cast function but it it hasn't able detected anything. This is getting really stupid. Please let me know what device I could get without internet access to cast my moto g4 play to my TLC 55" smartt

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 484
Message 856 of 860

Re: cast with anycast M4 hdmi

@Elijah1980 wrote:

I have Motorola g4 play model number XT109 with 7.1.1 hapi Noguet os. I been trying every method that I can think of.to cast to my smarttv without any avchiment. I bought this smartphone a year ago and I wish I never did because it's casting function are worthless. I just wanted to cast to my smart TV. I just purchased a Anycast M4 display today hoping it would work and same old bs. Before I purchase this product I did some research the best I could. Some say I could use it to cast to the tv with my anycast m4. I don't have internet service provider like WiFi. My anycast hdmi M4 display is working but my motorola g4 play is not detecting the device. It has cast function but it it hasn't able detected anything. This is getting really stupid. Please let me know what device I could get without internet access to cast my moto g4 play to my TLC 55" smartt

Another option, this article says Chromecast can work without internet:

https://lifehacker.com/stream-local-media-to-a-chromecast-without-an-internet-1709666323

I have not tried the above option. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
sirawzd
Paper Tape
Views: 425
Message 857 of 860

Re: Display problem - Moto g4 plus

Hello, I had this same exact problem with my moto g5 plus. I searched everywhere to find a solution. Most websites and forum boards I went to told me to clear cache, restore my phone etc... I found that it wasnt software related at all. Its hardware. The ribben cable on the back of the screen is loose. I found pictures of the replacement screen on amaron and found that the ribben cable is on the top right of the screen. I decided to press hard on the top right of the screen to see if i could secure the connect. And bam it worked. My screen is back to being normal. This is just a quick fix. I know that i will eventually have to replace the screen. I know this forum says its solved so if by now you fixed this issue then maybe someone searching for this exact fix can try my method. I work with displays (normally a lot bigger displays for concerts and stuff) and we run into this issue alot. The screen gliches out because of the ribben cable is seated bad. Hope this helps someone.

Ishaan20045
What's DOS?
Views: 337
Message 858 of 860

I am having the same burn in issue in lenovo k8 plus Its been only 45 days since I bought it what To do

Here is the screenshot

Annaradek
Paper Tape
Views: 168
Message 859 of 860

I have a problem with my Moto GP plus I have a screen Burn effect, the gosth, service has not helped write that everything is ok . help

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 146
Message 860 of 860

@Annaradek wrote:

I have a problem with my Moto GP plus I have a screen Burn effect, the gosth, service has not helped write that everything is ok . help

We recommend submitting your phone for repair. The repair centers are equipped to correct this problem. If you encounter a repair center that does not know how to fix this issue, please post the location and name of that center and we will reach out to them.

Regards,
JM
Motorola Support

**Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Top Kudoed Authors