cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HMonk
Paper Tape
Views: 1,082
Message 1 of 6

DnD priority only allows alarms enabled but grayed out - cannot disable.

Amazon branded MotoG4 running Nougat.

Under settings>sound>do not disturb>priority only allows, alarms is enabled but grayed out so I cannot disable. Thus, if I enable DnD>total silence, alarms ring though and DnD now reads alarms only.

How do I disable alarms only, i.e., why is this option grayed out?

Monk

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 1,066
Message 2 of 6

Re: DnD priority only allows alarms enabled but grayed out - cannot disable.

@HMonkwrote:

Amazon branded MotoG4 running Nougat.

Under settings>sound>do not disturb>priority only allows, alarms is enabled but grayed out so I cannot disable. Thus, if I enable DnD>total silence, alarms ring though and DnD now reads alarms only.

How do I disable alarms only, i.e., why is this option grayed out?

Monk

Hi HMonk,

Thanks for posting. Could you please send us a screenshot. I suggest we try Safe mode.

To Enable Safe Mode:

1. Press and hold the Power button until Power off comes up on the screen.

2. Touch and HOLD Power off on the screen until reboot to safe mode appears.

3. Touch OK when Reboot to safe mode appears

4. Phone will reboot and Safe Mode will appear in bottom left corner

5. If the issue does not remain in safe mode, this indicates a third party application installed from the Play Store is causing the problem.

6. Restart the device to get out of safe mode and uninstall any recently installed applications.

*** Begin by looking for specific application types such as launchers, task killers or anti-virus apps.

Please let me know how it goes. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

HMonk
Paper Tape
Views: 1,059
Message 3 of 6

Issue persists in SM. Re screen shot, nothing to show really. “Priority only allows” page has 6 options:

alarms - with slider, reminders - with slider, events - with slider, messages, calls, repeat calls - with slider. With the exceptional alarms, I can toggle the sliders to enable/disable the option; the alarms slider is enabled and the option (alarms) and the slider are grayed out so I cannot toggle the slider to disable.

Monk

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 1,027
Message 4 of 6

@HMonkwrote:

Issue persists in SM. Re screen shot, nothing to show really. “Priority only allows” page has 6 options:

alarms - with slider, reminders - with slider, events - with slider, messages, calls, repeat calls - with slider. With the exceptional alarms, I can toggle the sliders to enable/disable the option; the alarms slider is enabled and the option (alarms) and the slider are grayed out so I cannot toggle the slider to disable.

Monk

Hi HMonk,

I suggest we try Reset App Preferences, doing this will reset the settings of the apps you have. I hope this will solve this.

To Reset App Preferences:

Settings > Apps > Touch the 3 vertical dots > Shows System > Touch 3 vertical dots again > Reset App Preferences

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

HMonk
Paper Tape
Views: 1,019
Message 5 of 6

Thanks , Rich.

Did the reset, rebooted normally and in SM: issue persists.

Go here: and under “Configure which interruptions are the priority ones on Android 7” number 4, and you will see what I am experiencing: alarms grayed out. I would add that in my TS efforts, most display the same image: alarms is grayed out (disabled to allow).

Thanks again,

Monk

Widsith
What's DOS?
Views: 169
Message 6 of 6

I have exactly the same issue with my Moto E4 running Android 7.1.1.  The Alarms option and slider are greyed out under the "Settings / Sound / Do not disturb / Priority only allows" menu.

Top Kudoed Authors