cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NagarjunaB9
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,038
Message 1 of 4

Does Moto G4 Plus(Indian version, from Amazon) come with a screen protector installed?

Hi,

After unboxing Moto G4 Plus(bought from amazon & not a used one), I have noticed that it already has a screent protector installed(attached screenshot at bottom, you can notice a small bubble and a diagonal opening at left corner).

I also know that this phone has Corning Gorilla glass protection, but honestly, I don't know if Gorilla glass is just a glass film installed on top of screen or it is a part of the screen!!

So, my concern is -

Is that screen protector none other than the gorilla glass itself?

or

Is it some screen protector that comes with few Moto G4+ devices? (I didn't see this anywhere else, or maybe i didn't notice it)

(If it is a plastic screen protector, I intend to remove it and put a tempered glass protection.)

Thanks in advance.

screenshot.jpg

NagarjunaB9
Fanfold Paper
Views: 759
Message 2 of 4

Re: Does Moto G4 Plus(Indian version, from Amazon) come with a screen protector installed?

This should have actually been a question to amazone/seller!!,
Did that now, got an answer which seems to say they are pre-applied screen protectors, done for few batches!!
I believe we can close off this topic.
Highlighted
JCW2
Token Ring
Views: 178
Message 3 of 4

Re: Does Moto G4 Plus(Indian version, from Amazon) come with a screen protector installed?

Raising this question again for what appears to me good reason:

I just bought a Moto G6 in the USA through Amazon -- NOT the "Amazon Prime" version and still with the official Motorola tamper-proof seal on the box, so presumably original from Motorola!  Mine also appears to have a plastic application on the screen, but in my case this has a white tab on the lower left (corner side of the "diagonal opening" pictured by the NagarjunaB6).  Appears to interfere with the fingerprint reader (very frequent warnings to clean the screen) and looks for all the world as thought intended to be pealed off, but not clear how to get it off.  The quick-start guide in the box says nothing about this.

Before I try seriously to peel off this plastic layer, I'd like to know:
1) Whether it is intended to be permanent, replaceable, or just protection for the screen during shipping, and

2) How to remove it without damaging the phone.

Best Regards to All -- JCW2

JCW2
Token Ring
Views: 169
Message 4 of 4

>>This should have actually been a question to amazone/seller!!,
Did that now, got an answer which seems to say they are pre-applied screen protectors, done for few batches!!
I believe we can close off this topic.<<

Following on to my previous post, I just had a "chat" with Amazon and was told the following:

"...please just use your nail to remove the cover with no worries. Don't worry because it will not damage the phone...  its a Motorola thing to protect the phone and make it arrive safely."

I did so, and after some effort lifting the corner at the white tab, I was able to peal the whole film off very easily.  I hope may help somebody else. -- JCW2

Top Kudoed Authors