cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 8,302
Message 11 of 171

Re: Downloading from play store after nougat update.

@echo_92 wrote:

Probably Google Play support (here's the Indian page, I think) https://support.google.com/googleplay/?hl=en-IN#topic=3364672&contact=1 is another option - contact details on the right hand side.

EDIT - there's already one issue on the Android tracker at least about this problem: https://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=225839

As Alpha has mentioned, this is an Android Nougat bug that is affecting Nougat to 7.1.1 on even Nexus devices (have a look at https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/nexus/21wGieItCik), so it's unlikely to be Motorola's implementation.

I have also made Moto aware, but likely the fix will have to come from Google. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
echo_92
SCSI Port
Views: 8,295
Message 12 of 171

Thanks Alpha - I agree that it's looking like Google will either have to fix the 'bug' or add a feature to toggle downloading over roaming (and warning about the nasty fees for roaming internet)
AnkurTri
Paper Tape
Views: 8,219
Message 13 of 171

Nougat Issues

Hello,

I just received the Nougat update here in India on my G4 Plus, but now there's a slight problem, I cannot update/download any app from the play store, it is just stuck at "downloading" even though the internet is working fine. I've force stopped/cleared data/chache of Play store but it didn't help. Any suggestions? 

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 8,188
Message 14 of 171

Re: Nougat Issues

@AnkurTri wrote:

Hello,

I just received the Nougat update here in India on my G4 Plus, but now there's a slight problem, I cannot update/download any app from the play store, it is just stuck at "downloading" even though the internet is working fine. I've force stopped/cleared data/chache of Play store but it didn't help. Any suggestions? 

Hi AnkurTri,

Are you connected to wifi or are you using data while trying to update/download any app? If you are using mobile data when you got this error, please make sure that your data roaming is turned off, then try again. Let us know what happens.

Regards,

JM

Motorola Support

AnkurTri
Paper Tape
Views: 8,166
Message 15 of 171

@moto_JM wrote:

@AnkurTri wrote:

Hello,

Hi AnkurTri,

Are you connected to wifi or are you using data while trying to update/download any app? If you are using mobile data when you got this error, please make sure that your data roaming is turned off, then try again. Let us know what happens.

Regards,

JM

Motorola Support

Hey, thanks for your reply,

I tried it with WiFi and it's working, but not with mobile data. What could be the problem? And I am in not in my home network, so I can't turn data roaming off. 

Thanks a bunch!!! 

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 8,153
Message 16 of 171

This may be a stupid question, but did you power off the phone and then power it back on? Shut it down all the way and restart it, not just a restart.

Hoov
Former Microsoft MVP - Consumer Security
SpywareHammer.com
AnkurTri
Paper Tape
Views: 8,151
Message 17 of 171

@Hoov wrote:

This may be a stupid question, but did you power off the phone and then power it back on? Shut it down all the way and restart it, not just a restart.

Yes I did that.

Whenever I connect the phone with WiFi everything works like a charm, but mobile data (roaming on) and it doesn't. Only for the playstore. I don't have any problems with chrome downloads

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 8,146
Message 18 of 171

Try signing out of your gmail account and then sign back in.

Hoov
Former Microsoft MVP - Consumer Security
SpywareHammer.com
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 8,128
Message 19 of 171

@AnkurTri wrote:

@moto_JM wrote:

@AnkurTri wrote:

Hello,

Hi AnkurTri,

Regards,

JM

Motorola Support

Hey, thanks for your reply,

I tried it with WiFi and it's working, but not with mobile data. What could be the problem? And I am in not in my home network, so I can't turn data roaming off. 

Thanks a bunch!!! 

Hi AnkurTri,

Google introduced a new feature called “Data Saver” mode. This can be turned on from the quick settings or can be done via Settings > Data usage > Data Saver. Can you please confirm if Data Saver was turned on or not when you were trying to download or install anything from the Play Store?

Also, can you also confirm that you can browse the internet via Chrome while roaming?

Regards,

JM

Motorola Support

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 8,156
Message 20 of 171

@Kanishkt02 wrote:

I'm not able to download any app using mobile data while roaming. Please release a update to fix this on my Moto G4 plus. Thanks.

Hi Kanishkt02,

Google introduced a new feature called “Data Saver” mode. This can be turned on from the quick settings or can be done via Settings > Data usage > Data Saver. Can you please confirm if Data Saver was turned on or not when you were trying to download or install anything from the Play Store?

Also, can you also confirm that you can browse the internet via Chrome while roaming?

Regards,

JM

Motorola Support

Top Kudoed Authors