cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 7,060
Message 21 of 171

Re: Downloading from play store after nougat update.

@echo_92 wrote:

Hi, Looks like a common issue with Nougat, that Google Play downloads don't run whilst roaming. As I understand it it's either a feature in N to stop people using up their roaming data allowance (as discussed here http://forum.xda-developers.com/nexus-6p/help/nougat-play-store-data-roaming-t3449007) or a bug. So far, I've not seen any workarounds or fixes besides connecting to Wi-Fi whilst attempting to download.

Hello echo_92,

We're aware of this issue that it's happening while on roaming. We've reported this already and the team is now investigating. Google introduced a new feature called “Data Saver” mode on Nougat. This can be turned on from the quick settings or can be done via Settings > Data usage > Data Saver. Can you please confirm if Data Saver was turned on or not when you were trying to download or install anything from the Play Store?

Also, can you also confirm that you can browse the internet via Chrome while roaming?

You feedback will be much appreciated.

Regards,

JM

Motorola Support

Kanishkt02
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 7,058
Message 22 of 171

No data saver or anything like that is on. I checked twice. 

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 7,056
Message 23 of 171

@Kanishkt02 wrote:

No data saver or anything like that is on. I checked twice. 

Thank you for your quick response. In this regard, kindly send a bug report regarding this. Bug report will collect information about your current device state.

Below are the steps for getting bug report:

1. Go to Settings -> About Phone -> Tap on Build number seven times on the build number to enable a new Settings item, Developer options.
2. Go to Settings ->Developer options -> Enable USB debugging > Toggle On
3. Enable Settings -> Developer options -> Enable Bug Report shortcut > Toggle On
4. Once the issue is reproduced: Go to Settings -> Developer options -> Click on take bug report or Press Power button and then choose Bug Report from the Power down menu.
5. Wait for some time until the bug report is collected. It takes around 3 to 4 minutes tocollect the Bug Report.
Then upload the BugReport to your personal Google Drive and then share the link tothe BugReport on the forums in a reply or via a private message..
6. Provide observations of what you saw happen right before the bug report was taken. Please indicate the local time when you observed the behavior.

Your assistance on this will greatly help us forward all necessary information to concerned teams to have this investigated fully.

Regards,
JM
Motorola Support

AnkurTri
Paper Tape
Views: 7,025
Message 24 of 171

Re: Nougat Issues

@moto_JM wrote:

@AnkurTri wrote:

@moto_JM wrote:

@AnkurTri wrote:

Hello,

I just received the Nougat update here in India on my G4 Plus, but now there's a slight problem, I cannot update/download any app from the play store, it is just stuck at "downloading" even though the internet is working fine. I've force stopped/cleared data/chache of Play store but it didn't help. Any suggestions? 

Hi AnkurTri,

Are you connected to wifi or are you using data while trying to update/download any app? If you are using mobile data when you got this error, please make sure that your data roaming is turned off, then try again. Let us know what happens.

Regards,

JM

Motorola Support

Hey, thanks for your reply,

I tried it with WiFi and it's working, but not with mobile data. What could be the problem? And I am in not in my home network, so I can't turn data roaming off. 

Thanks a bunch!!! 

Hi AnkurTri,

Google introduced a new feature called “Data Saver” mode. This can be turned on from the quick settings or can be done via Settings > Data usage > Data Saver. Can you please confirm if Data Saver was turned on or not when you were trying to download or install anything from the Play Store?

Also, can you also confirm that you can browse the internet via Chrome while roaming?

Regards,

JM

Motorola Support

Yes Sir, I did noticed the data saver, and it is turned off, I didn't touch it. And as for your second question, yes I can browse and download via chrome (and dolphin/Firefox) I have no issues whatsoever with that. Drive uploading/downloading, WhatsApp media downloading, everything is working fine, only the playstore is causing the trouble

AnkurTri
Paper Tape
Views: 7,024
Message 25 of 171

@Hoov wrote:

Try signing out of your gmail account and then sign back in.

I'll do that and tell you. Thanks for the suggestion 

EDIT:. Still not working

Kanishkt02
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 7,052
Message 26 of 171

I have just generated bug report and uploaded it to Google drive now what next!!!

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 7,046
Message 27 of 171

@Kanishkt02 wrote:

I have just generated bug report and uploaded it to Google drive now what next!!!

Kindly share the link to the bug report through PM, if you are not comfortable sharing it in the forums. Once we have it, we will forward it the concerned team right away. We will get back to you as soon as we receive feedback from them.

Regards,

JM

Motorola Support

Kanishkt02
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 7,045
Message 28 of 171

I'm clicking on the option to choose file but nothing is happening 

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 7,020
Message 29 of 171

@AnkurTri wrote:

@Hoov wrote:

Thank you for your quick response. In this regard, kindly send a bug report regarding this. Bug report will collect information about your current device state.

1. Go to Settings -> About Phone -> Tap on Build number seven times on the build number to enable a new Settings item, Developer options.
3. Enable Settings -> Developer options -> Enable Bug Report shortcut > Toggle On
4. Once the issue is reproduced: Go to Settings -> Developer options -> Click on take bug report or Press Power button and then choose Bug Report from the Power down menu.
5. Wait for some time until the bug report is collected. It takes around 3 to 4 minutes tocollect the Bug Report.
6. Then upload the BugReport to your personal Google Drive and then share the link tothe BugReport on the forums in a reply or via a private message..
7. Provide observations of what you saw happen right before the bug report was taken. Please indicate the local time when you observed the behavior.

Regards,
JM
Motorola Support

AnkurTri
Paper Tape
Views: 7,020
Message 30 of 171

@moto_JM wrote:

@AnkurTri wrote:

@Hoov wrote:

6. Then upload the BugReport to your personal Google Drive and then share the link tothe BugReport on the forums in a reply or via a private message..
7. Provide observations of what you saw happen right before the bug report was taken. Please indicate the local time when you observed the behavior.

Regards,
JM
Motorola Support

Okay, I will do that, let's hope this problem is solved in the next update. 

Thanks for your help, everyone. Appreciate it

Top Kudoed Authors