cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
echo_92
SCSI Port
Views: 66,494
Message 31 of 171

Re: Downloading from play store after nougat update.

Hi JM,  thanks for the reply.  I can't check as UK (retGB) Moto G4s don't appear to have the v7. 0 nougat firmware officially deployed to them yet.  I was just reporting other instances of the same behaviour from other users of Android N on other platforms to show it's not an isolated issue. 

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 66,475
Message 32 of 171

@echo_92 wrote:

Hi JM,  thanks for the reply.  I can't check as UK (retGB) Moto G4s don't appear to have the v7. 0 nougat firmware officially deployed to them yet.  I was just reporting other instances of the same behaviour from other users of Android N on other platforms to show it's not an isolated issue. 

Thanks for your assistance on this. Appreciate it. Hoping for the best when UK officially rolls out Nougat. -JM

AnkurTri
Paper Tape
Views: 66,469
Message 33 of 171

Re: Nougat Issues

@moto_JM wrote:

@AnkurTri wrote:

@Hoov wrote:

Try signing out of your gmail account and then sign back in.

I'll do that and tell you. Thanks for the suggestion 

EDIT:. Still not working

Thank you for your quick response. In this regard, kindly send a bug report regarding this. Bug report will collect information about your current device state.

Below are the steps for getting bug report:

1. Go to Settings -> About Phone -> Tap on Build number seven times on the build number to enable a new Settings item, Developer options.
2. Go to Settings ->Developer options -> Enable USB debugging > Toggle On
3. Enable Settings -> Developer options -> Enable Bug Report shortcut > Toggle On
4. Once the issue is reproduced: Go to Settings -> Developer options -> Click on take bug report or Press Power button and then choose Bug Report from the Power down menu.
5. Wait for some time until the bug report is collected. It takes around 3 to 4 minutes tocollect the Bug Report.
6. Then upload the BugReport to your personal Google Drive and then share the link tothe BugReport on the forums in a reply or via a private message..
7. Provide observations of what you saw happen right before the bug report was taken. Please indicate the local time when you observed the behavior.

Regards,
JM
Motorola Support

Here is the bug report, local time 1:47 am.

Observations right before the bug report was taken: Nothing unusual, phone was working fine, the "downloading" problem of the play store persisting. 

adidixit24
Blue Screen Again
Views: 66,483
Message 34 of 171

Nougat -roaming carrier data restrictions- in Moto g4 plus

1.  Android M is restricting user to download android N if using roaming network/SIM.
  2. If the user somehow manages to download Android N from non roaming network then afterwards he is permanently restricted to download apps from play store (if using roaming network only). But there is no restriction on surfing and using roaming or non roaming network.

The problem is using the roaming network and roaming SIM.

1. JIO SIM roaming network users is only facing this problem.

Kindly find solutions as we could use the service with on roaming network without carrier restrictions.

Kindly do this as soon as possible.

echo_92
SCSI Port
Views: 66,469
Message 35 of 171

Re: Nougat -roaming carrier data restrictions- in Moto g4 plus

Hi, can I ask what you mean by restricted to downloading apps from the Play Store, as in you cannot download apps whilst on a roaming network under Nougat?
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 66,470
Message 36 of 171

@adidixit24 wrote:
  1.  Android M is restricting user to download android N if using roaming network/SIM.
  2. If the user somehow manages to download Android N from non roaming network then afterwards he is permanently restricted to download apps from play store (if using roaming network only). But there is no restriction on surfing and using roaming or non roaming network.

The problem is using the roaming network and roaming SIM.

1. JIO SIM roaming network users is only facing this problem.

Kindly find solutions as we could use the service with on roaming network without carrier restrictions.

Kindly do this as soon as possible.

Hi adidixit24,

Please see similar thread here. Do not create a new thread as this causes clutter to the site. It will also help us track issues better. 

We are aware of this issue that it's happening while on roaming. We've reported this already and the team is now investigating. Google introduced a new feature called “Data Saver” mode. This can be turned on from the quick settings or can be done via Settings > Data usage > Data Saver. Can you please confirm if Data Saver was turned on or not when you were trying to download or install anything from the Play Store?

Also, can you also confirm that you can browse the internet via Chrome while roaming? Let us know as well if you are having the same issue if you are using wifi instead of mobile data.

Moving thread.

Regards,

JM

Motorola Support

Satrajit
Punch Card
Views: 65,604
Message 37 of 171

I am also a JIO user and also faced the same problem. In my case data saver was not open. And yes, I can browse from chrome while in roaming.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 65,519
Message 38 of 171

@Satrajit wrote:

I am also a JIO user and also faced the same problem. In my case data saver was not open. And yes, I can browse from chrome while in roaming.

Hello Satrajit,

Thank you for your quick response. In this regard, kindly send a bug report regarding this. Bug report will collect information about your current device state.

Below are the steps for getting bug report:

1. Go to Settings -> About Phone -> Tap on Build number seven times on the build number to enable a new Settings item, Developer options.
2. Go to Settings ->Developer options -> Enable USB debugging > Toggle On
3. Enable Settings -> Developer options -> Enable Bug Report shortcut > Toggle On
4. Once the issue is reproduced: Go to Settings -> Developer options -> Click on take bug report or Press Power button and then choose Bug Report from the Power down menu.
5. Wait for some time until the bug report is collected. It takes around 3 to 4 minutes tocollect the Bug Report.
6. Then upload the BugReport to your personal Google Drive and then share the link tothe BugReport on the forums in a reply or via a private message..
7. Provide observations of what you saw happen right before the bug report was taken. Please indicate the local time when you observed the behavior.

Regards,
JM
Motorola Support

saisravank
Blue Screen Again
Views: 65,162
Message 39 of 171

I am not able to download any apps on Google play store after nougat update while am roaming, I have read all the threads and it's the same problem every where, the problem is being faced from October 2016, and no solution to it, kindly help us to solve this bug, 

Again am confirming, I tried data saver on and off, I tried clearing cache and I I tried logging out of Google account, when it's on roaming only only Google play store doesn't update and download anything,But it works perfectly over WiFi, kindly fix this bug am in India and I see no problem with my network carrier, it's only problem with Google nougat update while roaming 

shubham257
What's DOS?
Views: 65,068
Message 40 of 171

Sir i am not able to download any app from my sim however it works properly while using the wifi. Please suggest me what shall i do. i bought it today and there is nothing that i can do. Is there any way to go back to marshmallow such as by factory reset?