cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 8,890
Message 41 of 171

Re: Downloading from play store after nougat update.

@shubham257 wrote:

Sir i am not able to download any app from my sim however it works properly while using the wifi. Please suggest me what shall i do. i bought it today and there is nothing that i can do. Is there any way to go back to marshmallow such as by factory reset?

There is no way to revert to M. This bug affects other phones besides motorola.

for now the workaround is to use play store over wifi or while not roaming. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
lokeshgarg94
What's DOS?
Views: 8,859
Message 42 of 171

Nougat -roaming carrier data restrictions- in Moto g4 plus

Here is the bug report, local time 3:47  pm.

Observations right before the bug report was taken: Nothing unusual, phone was working fine, the "downloading" problem of the play store persisting

Bubai2013
802.11n
Views: 8,837
Message 43 of 171

Re: Nougat -roaming carrier data restrictions- in Moto g4 plus

Even I faced the same few days back, I thought it might be play store bug I had heard earlier, so I tried every possible troubleshoots but everything gone in vain. Even I reset my device. But nothing happened. But after that when I entered home network everything was working fine.

With Love,
Bubai
Khush1
Paper Tape
Views: 8,819
Message 44 of 171

Re: unable to download from play store after naugat update

Khush1
Paper Tape
Views: 8,827
Message 45 of 171

echo_92
SCSI Port
Views: 8,752
Message 46 of 171

You're not the only one, multiple users across multiple phones and providers have noted the same issue (appears to be a Nougat issue primarily). Don't know when Google are fixing it (as it seems to be part of Nougat) or if they regard that as a feature, and I've not seen any reports that the latest 7.1.1 patch fixes/reverts this.

Only workaround is to connect to Wi-Fi or switch to a non-roaming network to download from Play Store for now.

EDIT - this is what Nexus owners are facing too, if you want to have a look. https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/nexus/EPdFg2rZ8Mk

Kanishkt02
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 8,732
Message 47 of 171

@echo_92 wrote:

You're not the only one, multiple users across multiple phones and providers have noted the same issue (appears to be a Nougat issue primarily). Don't know when Google are fixing it (as it seems to be part of Nougat) or if they regard that as a feature, and I've not seen any reports that the latest 7.1.1 patch fixes/reverts this.

Only workaround is to connect to Wi-Fi or switch to a non-roaming network to download from Play Store for now.

EDIT - this is what Nexus owners are facing too, if you want to have a look. https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/nexus/EPdFg2rZ8Mk

I found a comment from Google  in the link given by you saying that the issue is correctly being inspected....

Mayanksparrow
Blue Screen Again
Views: 8,711
Message 48 of 171

Mintu1
What's DOS?
Views: 8,700
Message 49 of 171

Helo moto.. I can't able to download or update from Google play Store, i m using moto G4 plus after i did the nougat update i m facing this problem i troubleshoot evry steps even i did factory reset bt stil the same i tried from different sim through cellular network its not downloading please fix it
Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 8,699
Message 50 of 171

@Mintu1 wrote:
Helo moto.. I can't able to download or update from Google play Store, i m using moto G4 plus after i did the nougat update i m facing this problem i troubleshoot evry steps even i did factory reset bt stil the same i tried from different sim through cellular network its not downloading please fix it

Try reading a few posts above...... Google is investigating.

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum