Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
echo_92
SCSI Port
Views: 6,874
Message 51 of 171

Re: Nougat -roaming carrier data restrictions- in Moto g4 plus

I found a comment from Google  in the link given by you saying that the issue is correctly being inspected....

If that's the case, then let's hope that Google fixes it in a timely manner if it is a bug, or adds a feature to allow you to download whilst roaming (though I know for many phone users roaming internet data is very expensive, especially abroad). Again we just have to wait for what Google decides, how long that is is anyone's guess unfortunately.

rathinihit
Paper Tape
Views: 6,758
Message 52 of 171

Re: Nougat -roaming carrier data restrictions- in Moto g4 plus

the same issue i am facing on my reliance internet while on roaming....

even data saver is on or off, I am not able to download the apps from google play store and rest internet and downloads is working ....
just google play store issue is annoying....
Akshay28
What's DOS?
Views: 6,745
Message 53 of 171

Re: Downloading from play store after nougat update.

Hey guys,

After updating Nougat i cant able to use my google play store.

Even i tried everything which u guys mention on this blog but nothing happen .

And without play store its really very bad situation for the apps which are not going to work properly 

Please help me out guys or tell me how to go back on marshmallow.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 6,744
Message 54 of 171

@Akshay28 wrote:

Hey guys,

After updating Nougat i cant able to use my google play store.

Even i tried everything which u guys mention on this blog but nothing happen .

And without play store its really very bad situation for the apps which are not going to work properly 

Please help me out guys or tell me how to go back on marshmallow.

Does it work on wifi or when not roaming? If not, then your problems is different. Test on wifi. 

You can't roll back to M. 

Read above and you will see play store download problems while roaming affect all brands of phones on N. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
echo_92
SCSI Port
Views: 6,723
Message 55 of 171

Just to append to the topic, it appears there is a patch for Nexus 6P users to try to resolve the issue coming out (as posted by the community manager in https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/nexus/EPdFg2rZ8Mk), I have no idea if this is a patch for Google Play or for Nexus phones at the moment. Either way, I'm hoping it works and if so is rolled out to other Android Nougat users (including us on Moto G4s).

As for now, as Alpha has said, connect to wifi or use cellular data without roaming until this patch (if it does!) roll out from Google. Unless the 93.14 update has done anything to allow you to download over roaming?

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 6,703
Message 56 of 171

@echo_92 wrote:

Just to append to the topic, it appears there is a patch for Nexus 6P users to try to resolve the issue coming out (as posted by the community manager in https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/nexus/EPdFg2rZ8Mk), I have no idea if this is a patch for Google Play or for Nexus phones at the moment. Either way, I'm hoping it works and if so is rolled out to other Android Nougat users (including us on Moto G4s).

As for now, as Alpha has said, connect to wifi or use cellular data without roaming until this patch (if it does!) roll out from Google. Unless the 93.14 update has done anything to allow you to download over roaming?

Thanks for the link.  Sounds like a patch to play store as he ends with "make sure your app is up to date" - that would certainly be fastest solution for all. Guess we have to wait and see. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
akhildileep123
Paper Tape
Views: 6,665
Message 57 of 171

Same issue is facing to me also.

KRSM
Paper Tape
Views: 6,660
Message 58 of 171

After upgrading Android M to Nougat

I read through the topics here and wanted to ask if there is any update to the bug that is there for others and my Moto G4 Plus as well i.e. apps on play store dont update with my cellular data while on roaming. Data network works fine with other apps.

I just went ahead and made a bug report

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9D25pcgWk0ObFBhenM3MWNKQjQ/view?usp=drivesdk

Dragon186k
What's DOS?
Views: 6,647
Message 59 of 171

Having the same play store issue as every one else below is the bug report 

echo_92
SCSI Port
Views: 6,643
Message 60 of 171

@KRSM wrote:

After upgrading Android M to Nougat

I read through the topics here and wanted to ask if there is any update to the bug that is there for others and my Moto G4 Plus as well i.e. apps on play store dont update with my cellular data while on roaming. Data network works fine with other apps.

I just went ahead and made a bug report

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9D25pcgWk0ObFBhenM3MWNKQjQ/view?usp=drivesdk

Currently, no updates - looks like we're still waiting on Google to release a fix. I've not seen any reports that the patch, mentioned in the Nexus forums, has been deployed that might resolve the issue. Your issue is very similar to others, on roaming services  - apart from Google Play - download. Again, only workaround seems to be is move to a non-roaming network or to move to Wi-Fi, this appears to be a core bug/feature between Nougat and Google Play.

Top Kudoed Authors