Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sagar06ssb
What's DOS?
Views: 10,252
Message 61 of 171

Re: Nougat -roaming carrier data restrictions- in Moto g4 plus

Yeah that's right. U can't download or update any app from play store while on roaming network

akhildileep123
Paper Tape
Views: 10,249
Message 62 of 171

No. I can't download and update any apps from play store

thejunaid
What's DOS?
Views: 10,172
Message 63 of 171

Re: Downloading from play store after nougat update.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_-N1_8JVaeZSUNxeG5SRW9wRWs/view?usp=drivesdk

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_-N1_8JVaeZeHFEQnBkLVJHdGM/view?usp=drivesdk

Link to bug report on moto g4 plus for the same problem, and a screenshot showing that pending operation of downloading an app from Google play store on a roaming jio sim card. 

AMRIT_B
What's DOS?
Views: 10,138
Message 64 of 171

Hello,

I am also facing the same issue of not able to download any apps from Playstore after Nougat update. I am using a JIO sim with a decent speed for 4G.  More details of the issue.

- Play store is accessible , i can search all the apps with Mobile Data (on roaming) but when I click on Install the download does not start.

- Over Wifi the apps can be downloaded and updated without any issue.

- With mobile data On I am able to use all the apps like facebook , whatsapp and other applications which are already installed on the phone.

- Contacted support and they advised to do a "Clear wipe partition"with instructions but that did not help. 

It is so sad that Moto Quality Assurance team is not able to catch this simple usability bug which is so basic. Please do help to solve this bug asap. With no. of Playstore/smartphone users being increased after JIO revolution Smiley Very Happy you need to strengthen your quality team for survival !!

RevLauren
Bit Torrent
Views: 10,129
Message 65 of 171

@AMRIT_B wrote:

Hello,

I am also facing the same issue of not able to download any apps from Playstore after Nougat update. I am using a JIO sim with a decent speed for 4G.  More details of the issue.

- Play store is accessible , i can search all the apps with Mobile Data (on roaming) but when I click on Install the download does not start.

- Over Wifi the apps can be downloaded and updated without any issue.

- With mobile data On I am able to use all the apps like facebook , whatsapp and other applications which are already installed on the phone.

- Contacted support and they advised to do a "Clear wipe partition"with instructions but that did not help. 

It is so sad that Moto Quality Assurance team is not able to catch this simple usability bug which is so basic. Please do help to solve this bug asap. With no. of Playstore/smartphone users being increased after JIO revolution Smiley Very Happy you need to strengthen your quality team for survival !!

It's already been stated in this thread and other threads, that Moto is aware of the problem and is working with Google\ to resolve it. What began as a way to protect customers from having HUGE data overage charges has turned into an annoying flaw. Since other app-using data like Facebook, etc. are working, what is the big deal about waiting until you are on WiFi to download an APP? Is there such a thing as an APP emergency? It doesn't seem likely, does it?

echo_92
SCSI Port
Views: 10,118
Message 66 of 171

In addtion to RevLauren's post to yourself, this issue is not just affecting us, it's present on Google Pixel, Nexus and other devices upgraded to 7.0, even in 7.1.1 - the latest Nougat release. It's appearing to be a core issue/feature between Nougat and Google Play. Thus, though Motorola have/are offering assistance, I feel it's not fair to blame them with this issue when it's primarily Google's issue to fix. I understand it's annoying to not be able to download over roaming, I wonder if these comments on this issue might be better served being sent to Google Play?

Shibushinoj
Paper Tape
Views: 9,990
Message 67 of 171

Re: Nougat Issues

mrunmayee_19
What's DOS?
Views: 9,937
Message 68 of 171

I can't update or download any apps after I got my moto g4 plus updated to android nougat . I use jio sim and it's on roaming. I can browse data on roaming. I can update the apps over wifi. Here's the bug report too. Local time 9:40 am. Help!

RevLauren
Bit Torrent
Views: 9,934
Message 69 of 171

@mrunmayee_19 wrote:

I can't update or download any apps after I got my moto g4 plus updated to android nougat . I use jio sim and it's on roaming. I can browse data on roaming. I can update the apps over wifi. Here's the bug report too. Local time 9:40 am. Help!

Did you READ this discussion thread? Posts directly above, from echo_92 and myself, say quite clearly that this issue is known, that Google is working on a fix, and that it affects phones besides the Moto G4. In the meantime, download apps on wifi. 

Malai
What's DOS?
Views: 9,925
Message 70 of 171

This is my bug reports pls consider this one

Top Kudoed Authors