03-18-2019 08:45 AM
I am a Moto g4 plus user of India and on checking my device for the promised update of Oreo 8.1 shows that my device is up-to-date with no new update available what about the promised Oreo update when will it be available? Even the promised date of 18th March is over please do reply Moto support
03-19-2019 04:48 AM - edited 03-19-2019 04:49 AM
03-19-2019 06:42 AM
In Brazil until the present date I did not receive update 8.1, moto g4 + XT1640 NPJS ... timbr. Would you like to know if you receive oreo in this device?
03-19-2019 03:12 PM
Same here, in the US, checking manually every day, still no update. There's so little information about how to trigger the update and what the conditions of the device need to be.
1. Does it matter if the boot loader was unlocked?
2. Does it matter if the device was previously running a custom ROM and has been returned to stock?
3. Does it matter if the device was purchased in a different country to the one it now lives in?
4. Does the device need to be registered on a network in its country of purchase to trigger the update?
5. Does the device need to be registered on a network at all?
6. Does it matter that the device only has 2.5G service in the US?
If there was more transparency around the update process and how OTA updates are triggered and delivered then customers would have a better understanding of why their device may not be updating.
03-20-2019 04:48 AM
exact! I think the same, smartphone bike have had their times of glory. should have at least transparency in the information provided regarding the compatibility of devices receiving the updates !!