cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Neha_P
Paper Tape
Views: 9,675
Message 1 of 8

Fingerprint Scanner option goes missing in Moto g4 plus.

Hi,

The fingerprint scanner was working all good in my moto g4 plus, but suddenly the scanner stopped working, i checked for the option under Settings>Security, but the Fingerprint option went missing.

Fingerprint scanner stops working sometimes is understandable, but how can the option go missing????

I have also reboot my cell many a times, but nothing has worked.

Help!

basushaunak
SCSI Port
Views: 9,247
Message 2 of 8

Re: Fingerprint Scanner option goes missing in Moto g4 plus.

@Neha_P wrote:

Hi,

The fingerprint scanner was working all good in my moto g4 plus, but suddenly the scanner stopped working, i checked for the option under Settings>Security, but the Fingerprint option went missing.

Fingerprint scanner stops working sometimes is understandable, but how can the option go missing????

Help!

Seems like a software issue - please try factory reset.

Moto X4 (India) 6 / 64 GB Edition
Neha_P
Paper Tape
Views: 9,196
Message 3 of 8

Tried.. But no use, dint work! 

Hoshang
WWAN
Views: 9,176
Message 4 of 8

@Neha_P wrote:

Hi,

Help!

Visit Service Center for better support. Needs firmware flashing. As far as we all know, U tried factory Reset still issue not solved so Service Center will help u.
Hoshang
Nxt2life
What's DOS?
Views: 8,825
Message 5 of 8

I have this same issue

Cragon
What's DOS?
Views: 6,295
Message 6 of 8

I think its a hardware issue. I had a same problem few months back and few days ago fingerprint started working out of no where. I didnot repair or anything but it worked suddenly. Now again its gone missing. I think there must be something wrong with the harware attachment.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 6,032
Message 7 of 8

@Neha_P wrote:

Hi,

Help!

Hi Neha_P,

If you have already done a factory data reset and tested the phone before restoring or installing any third-party apps, but the issue persists, repair is your next option. Please contact our local service center for further assistance. Here's the link to locate the one nearest you: http://motorola-mobility-en-in.custhelp.com/app/mcp/trackrepair2

Regards,

JM

Motorola Support

Nirav8841
Blue Screen Again
Views: 183
Message 8 of 8

Even i am having same problem with my Moto g4 plus,i have tried wipe cache partition and also safe mode, still not resolved, I would like to ask,why does it happens automatically? Please resolve

Top Kudoed Authors